Options

WOH Update- As of Wed Sept 19th, 2018 - NEW PITCHERS

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

For me, I've been a walkoff enthusiast pretty much since it came out.  It was the event I looked forward to each week, because at a certain point it becomes the only practical way of improving your team.

But after my experience this week, with Diaz and his endless sliders, I'll be taking a break.  I might play up to level 5.5 or whatever, but once I lose, I'm out.  It's just throwing good money after bad at this point...I have no chance of scoring 6 runs off Diaz while getting 0, 1 or 2 fastballs in the whole round.  And a lesson hard learned last night -- keep trying out of frustration only ends with your gold depleted and no player on your roster.  I paid for 14 straight retries and most of them were over when the first pitch came in as a curve. 

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

@Metsicans couldn't have said it better myself. I have myself cycled every walkoff event except the Event Royale ones this year and lately it has become obvious that GLU wants you to spend too much on it no matter how good your roster is. I was in the same situation as you last night where my frustration got the best of me and I also did about 14-18 gold retries towards the end and to add insult to injury about 10 minutes left into it my last gold retry resets the app and takes me back to the beginning of the level.

Now had it not restarted there is still no guarantee that I would have cycled and letting the frustration get to me and making me spend the gold is on me as I should have known better but it still stings just as much. Live & learn.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

Sorry to hear it got the best of you too @Houmy I got frustrated with Slugfest yesterday. I had faced Bellinger 4 times where he put up 5900s or 6000s to my 5800s and after never using gold to restart this event I caved and did it twice and finally got a round where he scored 5800 and I finally got 5900. So I guess yesterday got the best of me a bit too. But I did end up beating it.

WoH is an event I have only had the privilege of beating twice. My roster should be good enough to beat it every week especially if I am boosting 20%. But with the rare hittable ball, I am unable to do so and I know it so I don't spend gold on the event. I hear the horror stories like yours and @Metsicans and I just restrain myself from using the gold. I just take as many chances as I get by playing up to the final round and if by some chance I pull a lucky round with fastballs great, if not then Glu met my expectations. My expectations are very low for Glu these days.

WoH could be and apparently used to be a great event. Slugfest even though I regularly beat it, could be a much better event. If you don't win weekly at Slugfest and improve the sluggers right away, you are yesterdays news and can kiss it goodbye. I am fortunate to have started beating it before it got so tough.

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options

Earlier this year I had a nightmare walkoff when I was trying to win with Mike Trout against a RHP.  I spent around 7K and never beat him.  I promised myself at that point that I would limit myself to 4 retries, and if it didn't happen by that point, just let it go. 

In the end that burned me, because i found myself winning on the 4th retry consistently.  I got Primes Altuve, Arenado, Mr. Smile, all on the 4th retry.  With Goldy this week, I didn't crack it on the 4th, but i broke my own rule and paid for a 5th, and beat him.  But now I was hooked.  When the 5th chance passed on Diaz failed, I told myself I would definitely get him on the 6th try.  Then the 7th, 8th, 9th, etc.  You convince yourself you can do it, and then of course you don't want to spend all that gold and have nothing to show for it. 

It's a classic gamblers' mentality, and it's strange because by nature I'm not a gambler at all.  I'm hypercompetitive, but generally cautious with my money.  Glu, to their credit, has created a game so captivating and manipulative that it has cracked my cautious, risk averse personality.  Even now, while I say I'm taking a break from walkoff, I know there is a good chance I'll be back if the reward is worthwhile next week.  This is why 2018 will be my last year of Tap Sports Baseball. 

• Options

@nym5fan you mentioning Slugfest just adds that much more insult to my injury now 🤨. Not only did I spend all that gold on WOH but the amount of time it took also cost me about 4 additional Slugfest cycles. Cycled that 5 or 6 times yesterday and I really only spend gold on boost for 6.10 and sometimes 6.9 if need be.

• Options

@Houmy sorry man. Didn't mean to rub salt on the fresh wound....

• Options

@nym5fan not to worry buddy. Judging by all the recent changes I am sure they will make Slugfest just as hard to cycle soon unless you spend an X amount of $$$.

• Options

Yeah, @houmy I am afraid of that. I assume the Legend Sluggers will be out soon. And when they are, I am sure that is when my Slugfest Reign will come to an end.

• Options

Same here @nym5fan . With the added 7th level I would probably do 6 levels to get the XP as I wouldn't have enough XP to max a legend slugger in gold and without them the subsequent weeks would be impossible to cycle.

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I've read and heard similar sentiment many across various sites. Friends and club mates are also very frustrated. Guys who are usually even keel were on edge. I'm not sure what else to add other than that it's a game that's suppose to be fun. I'm sure GLU heard everyone loud an clear. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I expect changes when Monday rolls around.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Lets hope so @DFBB!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I really do hope they change it as despite my rants I still like the game and do expect WOH to be difficult but not impossible.

• Options
    Well I have to give CS credit again this week. After I sent them a message about WOH resetting on me on the last gold retry they just credit me most of the gold I spent on it. And honestly I didn't even ask for any credit from them but just did the ticket so that they would be aware in case there is a new bug or glitch. So far 100% on support from CS for me.

• Options
    i'm jealous @Houmy you got some friends in high places man. lol
  • Options
    That is unreal. CS hasn’t been awful to me but I can’t see them ever awarding me gold because of an unprovable glitch in their system. 
  • Options
    @nym5fan I think you mean low places. I am from the south after all B) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCgSqPZ4EM

• Options
    But to be totally fair & honest both CS and the email team has always been on point and satisfactory whenever I had an issue. It has to be said also that there have been numerous other issues that were so small that I didn't bring up so not abusing the ticketing system may have something to do with it as well. Other than the unreal weekend box odds from a few weeks back and the recent WOH difficulty setting I've had nothing but positive experiences this year (We're not even gonna go there with my Chipper boxes :#  )

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    CS has always been good to me. When they were having major glitching issues with WOH to the point where I couldn’t play it, they sent me 8,000 gold. I didn’t use gold at all during the time. They have also credited me gold that I lost during glitches with HR derby. Like someone said, you just have to find an agent that is willing to help. 
  • Options
    @snowy24 same result with me and WOH double/triple ball issues and another derby glitch where the "oops something went wrong" issue happened.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I'm currently trying to close a ticket with a polite cs agent that is simply irritating me with his responses. I didn't receive one of the daily gifts earlier this week and explained how their Prime Bundle advertizing splash page popped when I opened the game instead of the "you received a gift" page. Went on to explain restarting the app several times to check for the gifts and none ever showed up. So after two days I get a response with the listing of all the gifts that they verified I received and used  - but it was for a day later than the one I inquired about. So I say "you're a day late but never mind, I'm not losing sleep over it". He comes back today saying thx for clarifying (I mean really? My ticket has a date stamp) but that they've checked and confirmed I successfully received the gifts and used them. Now I'm irritated, not because I didn't get anything, could care less now, but I hate it when I get told I've received something and done something when in fact I havent. This is the first ticket I've issued with this B team of mine and I unfortunately did not pull a good agent. Polite? Yes. The rest.... smh. Anyway, I thanked him for his follow up, that I don't mind not receiving anything now, and to please close the ticket.

Wish I hadn't bothered, but it once again shows how you win some and lose some with requests for assistance. Thankfully this is one example where I really don't care and wish I hadn't started the ticket in the first place. Now next time, if it's a Gardner specialty box and I don't get one, I'm gonna raise hell!! Lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    @Sandpipers sorry to hear buddy. I guess sometimes it does matter which rep you get. Guess I'm blessed in that department.

• Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Had had trouble finding this particular thread about woh...figured I’d bump it since  someone went through the trouble of breaking down the round by round pitchers.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Updated Old Post With Chart- Sept 19th EDIT
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Thanks Dkarksi87
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited September 2018
    5.7 today is Gerritt Cole and he is a little weaker than Sevy was on Monday (193 ovr vs 200)

5.8 is Chris Archer (RH) at 203 overall

5.9 is Luis Severino (RH) at 239 overall

5.10 is Andrew Miller (LH) at 252 overall
  • Options
    So @redlegs2018u you saying there is a chance those 80% unhittable-hittable balls may be hittable today?

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    @redlegs2018u
    won't matter much when diaz wont pitch to us
  • Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    archer's as bad as Diaz....Christ!  OK, maybe not quite but lots of curves!
  • Options
    Last guy isn't Diaz, according to a club mate.  Signature Andrew miller. 
  • Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    5.9 is signature Sevy (Righty)