Options

WOH Update- As of Wed Sept 19th, 2018 - NEW PITCHERS

13Next

Comments

• Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    edited September 2018

Yes, and 5.10 is signature Miller (lefty)

(lots of slow pitches with him too)

• Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    edited September 2018

Anybody else who has Throwback Yeli, I'm getting 120K per RBI.  You too???

Happened last week too whereas I got double the payout.

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So now that there is a fair chance with Diaz & Snell having been removed from the rotation...….

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @ameeshcubbie I do and got about 2.5 mil in the 1st 12 minutes with him. Of course I also have the pickem multiplier so that adds to it as well.

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Took me 5 attempts and a nervous extra innings but was able to punch through, I got PotM Snell along with the Prime Nola. They got tired of us bitching about Diaz and threw us a small bone (still hard as hell but felt a lot better I was losing due to bad matchup at first because didn’t know who was there and after that due to missing hitable pitches it felt more fair I guess)
  • Options
    @redlegs2018u I got Snell on the Royale box as well but no point wasting the XP on him for me. Also got prime Zimmerman from round 4 prime pick. Had him before and traded him in as soon as I got him as he's only max 370 so not worth spending XP on. Damn thing was still showing the Acuna box with the chance of Signature Molina in the other box on mine when the event started so imagine my surprise when I cycled and got different prizes. But Molina was not guaranteed anyway and I could use a 430 max pitcher so overall satisfied.

Gonna cycle just past level 4 one more time to get the prime pick and then back to slugfest.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    I take this to mean people are actually beating it this week?
  • Options
    @MacGruber yes it is back to normal difficulty today. Hope it's permanent. BTW does anyone remember what Snell drops to after his boost is gone?

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Guys, I need an intervention.  After swearing off walkoff two weeks running, the lure of a new pitching lineup at level 5 brought me back.  I sailed to 5.10 with no gold spent.  Then I got to 5-4 on Miller like three times.  2k gold later, still no wins.  Walkoff is absolutely killing my very limited gold reserves.  I have to give it up at this point, but it's like a crack addiction....
  • Options
    @Metsicans if you get to 5.10 easily then don't gold restart. Just spend the 5-10 minutes it takes to get there again and try without gold. I just cycled it a 2nd time with a video restart on 5.9. Was hoping to get Miller the 2nd time but got Snell again.

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m so glad this got tuned down a little scored me a signature Prime Miller too on the 2nd cycle, I know Monday will probably be back to extreme frustration but today was a good day.
  • Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Got to 5.9 without a lot of difficulties... the furthest I have gone since like forever.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Wow, contrary to popular opinion I found this is be the most difficult WOH in months.  I had been cycling against Diaz and friends, but today was horrendous.  I played with all top level legends (easily auto-play past my 4 primes), played for 10 hours, and couldn't get the job done.  Everyone 5.6 through 5.10 were giving me fits.  Went about 0 for 25 against Miller using maxed and boosted Mantle and Bench.  At least with Diaz IF he through a fastball you could get a hit.  With Miller, even when I got good pitches, all I could hit was weak ground outs to first.  To make matters worse, my app kept freezing and one time when it unfroze I noticed an open draft pick was showing and I noticed 2200 gold was missing.  Apparently while in a frozen state my app decided to navigate to the picks tab and purchase a multi-prime draft pick (even though even the best player wouldn't make my lineup).  Needless to say I found today unbelievably frustrating.  Glad to hear everyone else had such an easy time.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    gludoesntcaregludoesntcare Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I feel the same way Lonzo. It didn’t get any easier for me today like it did others. I couldn’t cycle Diaz though either. My last cycle was Verlander and Kershaw months ago. Since then I only get 1-2 fastballs on the last rd. Mathematically it’s impossible to score 6 runs that way. I don’t expect to cycle every week but I was doing at least 1 out of every 3. If it was my fault mistiming fastballs then I wouldn’t be as frustrated. The carnival game nature of TSB is ruining it for me. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I am equally frustrated, partly because I was without lefty rental player(s). I got 90% curves from Cole and when I did connect with his fastballs, they came off the bat like I was bunting unsuccessfully... grounders and infield pop ups there too. I did a loooot of messing around with my roster and finally got by him. Then Archer was the exact same thing, did a single restart then gave up... 2 fastbslls, the rest curves/sliders for 6 at bats. I know I desperately need two max 430 lefty/switch hitters but no matter what I do, there's just too many curves and sliders to have successful rounds the last 4-5 woh events.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    @redlegs2018u you lucky devil. I went through 3 times hoping to get Miller as well but got Snell all 3 times. Still not a bad day.

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited September 2018
    It was way easier for me today as well.   I can’t remember the last time I cycled it.  I’ve been calling it a day after a few times of only curves and it wasn’t worth the gold.  Today I had no issues getting to the end and picked up Nola and Snell....Which it seems like the majority of guys got Snell lol not cool!