Options

Gift

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
So this means open them and you’ll get two new boxes later?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Ok, so now I'm even more confused, but I guess for some people it works...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    if I don't open this 4 boxes until they announce this week POTW box, will I be able to get those players in these 4 boxes? It would be awesome. So confusing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    no they wont. I saved a royale box last week for free upgrade and after I beat woh last week I just got a  new royale box. Same names.  
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    not sure if it is exactly the same situation but I see your point
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Haraycaray did you not get 4x POTW boxes? The image shows two so perhaps the 4 the sent is the extra 2 they were referring to.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    I got 4 yeah, but they’re players that are boosted for 18 more hours...why tho? 
  • Options
    They then say that the new POTW weren’t announced but mlb announced them at 11:50 AM Central. @Houmy
  • Options
    Sorry I missed that part. I guess they just caused CS to get a ton of new tickets.

• Options
    Yeah @Houmy idk how a game geared towards baseball that has a weekly player based off of their awards misses that. Lol 
  • Options
    ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    edited October 2018
    What do the POTW 450? decrease to when week is over??? Thx!
  • Options
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Glu definitely didn't "miss" this.  The new POTWs are always announced on Mondays.  They could have just released the gift at 7 pm EST and made them the new players.  They didn't want to do that, obviously, so we'd all buy the new ones tomorrow for the Sprint event.
  • Options
    @Metsicans then they blatantly lied to their customers on twitter. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I was reading through the tweet @Haraycaray and all the comments and questions about how long the potw boost lasts, will we get another box with the new potw guys, people mentioning how they got 4 yelich or 2 Yelich and 2 Gurriel or just simply 4 x XP and then this lone voice pipes up and asks "what's a box?" Lmao! Just struck me the right way lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    @Sandpipers box this box that, seems to be all about the boxes 😂
  • Options

@Haraycaray, I'm not accusing anyone of anything.  But, you tell me what happened.  Every week since April, Glu has released Players of the Week.  These players are always announced by MLB on Mondays, which Glu must know.  I mean, last week, my Yelich got reboosted by Glu just hours after he was announced as a POTW.

Today, Glu gives a free gift of 4 POTW boxes.  But they are last week's boxes, released several hours AFTER the league's announcement of this week's POTWs. 

If they released them "too soon," then you'd have to believe that -- after 25 weeks of doing this in 2018 alone -- Glu forgot that MLB makes the POTW announcement on Monday afternoons. 

• Options
    @Metsicans I got my four boxes at around 220 pm ct...and the players of the week were announced by MLB at 11:50 AM CT, Glu sent out a tweet that said the new players weren’t announced when they sent the boxes out. Which clearly, is not the truth. 
  • Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    well at least I got a couple of five star hitters for my bronze team at the worst

• Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I never even got boxes. I logged in a ton during that window and got squat
  • Options
    Players of the week boxes are out and....no players of the week boxes for us lol 
  • Options
    Arrrrghhhhh the improve box just cost me 300 gold. Clicked to buy one by mistake after the 2nd one. Go figure, GLU figured out a way to still get my gold on a day I didn't spend much. 

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
     Maybe there was just a delay on the boxes today bc of a Glu family Emergency 😂 That’s why we got the old POTW boxes for a reward and the new ones were released late.  
  • Options
    Either way I'm OK with the boxes. Yelich came in handy in WOH. 

• Options
    @Houmy, you are remarkably good natured. I don’t think it’s super cool they lied about the boxes. But maybe I’m bitter because I got a guy (twice) who I already had. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I got both guys in the 4 boxes I didn’t even level Gurriell because I’d already won Turner by then and didn’t want to spend any resources for a 340 guy in a position that I already now had a 420, 415, a former PotW and a 335 for one day for an event I already won earlier in the day.  Would have rather had new ones that would get a chance at 7 days of boosted players. It is what it is I didn’t pay for them so I won’t get too bent out of shape.
  • Options
    @Metsicans I am cool with it simply because they were "free" boxes. Why the quotation marks? Because the amount of $$$ most of us have spent in this game doesn't really make the boxes free but rather "free"

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Are people really complaining about a free gift!?!?   LOL  C'mon guys, redirect a bit.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @bigvivec I don’t think people are complaining about the free gift as much as we were lied to about getting 2 free POTW boxes with the NEW POTW players 

• Options
    Maybe that's why the ones from yesterday are still boosted @Bigpredfan? It would be the same thing as getting the new ones as those that already had the old ones get them boosted for one more week so it evens out.

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @houmy they are normally boosted until about 3 eastern or so, then they drop. We will see.