Options

New Update and tons of changes!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Sadly, it appears to only be available on iOS at the moment...pics below were shared in my club.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Hmmm all I can see are $$$$ $igns
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    What is in those VIP boxes? So curious... although I will never be VIP.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • Options
    Absolutely love this move! I suggested it months ago and glad to see it happen! 

• Options
    rwcoomjerwcoomje Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I just downloaded the new update but don’t see any of this?? 
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Does the entire update only apply to VIPs,
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    rwcoomjerwcoomje Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    figured for the price tag you would be buying vip 
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So $100 gets you 20k legend xp for the one time box the other box is 2k gold, so 14kgold and 20k legend xp
  • Options
    Players with two bonus skills...I assume they stack? Game changer!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    For $50 per week that player should be capped at your team level. No way I’m paying even $5 for a Legend to level up only to have to pay more for it lose after 1 week, especially since I’m diamond 
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Losing money so this update is all about making more prestigious players cost a fortune late in the season and a money grab to save face!   If you’re already breaking the bank you’ll continue to spend now.  I don’t think this update will make the guys who drew a line in the sand to stop spending start spending money again.  Good try though lol.  
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB the image you posted is showing a bonus multiplier depending on your tier I am guessing? And it is active as of now with the new update?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Bigpredfan , as I understand it, I'm certain you keep the player and he has two bonus skills. @Houmy, that's correct. It rewards players who are at higher level.
  • Options
    If that's the case @DFBB do you want Android users who didn't get the update and missed out on the multipliers to post angry comments here or do you prefer they start a new thread?  B)

• Options
    Android user over here....I'm good. :) I am, however, bitter that some players appear to be VIP exclusive. For example, it appears that Davis is only an option for VIPs. :(
  • Options
    Unless the double bonus skills get retroactively added to certain players(ATGs, legends, etc.), I don't like it. It 'forces' us to chase a whole new set of players. In time, they will be the standard if you want to cycle WoH. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Here's what my android, non-VIP version looks like:

It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited October 2018
    The CvsC subscription plan is a total scam. I normally do very well in cvsc and yesterday I couldn't score more then 10k on manual or auto-play. And other teams that struggled before and now doing much better. They have screwed with it somehow. As we had 1 member who fell into this category always sucked in cvsc with a 100k gold team. So he decided to give it a try. And what do you know, he was scoring millions after he bough the subscription plan. Total money grab as all of you have mentioned. 
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Sandpipers my app shows the CVC subscription as 9.99. Did yours change or do we have different prices?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    13.99 is in CA dollars.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Question on the weekly subscription thing... Does it start when you purchase and end 7 days later? Or if you buy the CVC subscription on a Thursday, does it end on Sunday? Just wondering if one was to purchase would it be best to do so on Thursday so you get Thursday, Weekend, and maybe the following Thursday out of it. Or would they cut you off after the weekend?
  • Options
    nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    Dang GLU thanks for that smoking deal on the scooter box
  • Options
    nym5fan I am not sure. I did have 2 guys buy it last night so I will let you know  how it works later in the week. I can def tell you with 100% certainty that they went from sucking to cvsc to absolutely killing it. With no bonus players may I add. So this is def a tactic on GLUs end to give lower valued teams at chance to do well in cvsc if they pay for it.  Which to me is an absolute scam, I went from scoring 6 figures on entries to scoring less then 10k a ticket. Even prior I could manually play and do 100k with ease, now its the " noddle bats" are out and my guys can hit any balls with consistency. I will be taking notes this weekend during CvsC matches to see if this is actually the case or perhaps just a random luck of bad luck, but after speaking with many people that  normally dominate in cvsc they are experiencing the same issue.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    The CVC deal is actually not bad if you just want Prime Trout and get the deal for one week. I am guessing at that price though he is one of the lower primes? 

• Options
    @dkarski87 may just be random bad luck in your case last night. It was business as usual on my end and I actually had my highest round at 1mil last night. Either way I don't see myself spending on the subscription as the rewards from cvc aren't really worth it as the odds of the mini legend boxes were less than 1% I believe?

• Options
    @Houmy I think the only value long term is in the player with CvC skill... thought I am not sure that is sustainably worth it. Especially if he wouldn't make the cut on your roster under normal circumstances. I will wait and see how the weekend CvC plays out and if it seems worth it (i.e. change in rewards, or new player with CvC skill, etc) then maybe I try it 1 week next Thursday. 
  • Options
    @houmy I hope so pal, because it was driving me and few others nuts that we all sucked so bad. Even spent gold on extra entries to prove that it was just bad luck... 2k later.. Same ****. Then I see gold teams at 55k strength scoring 50k rds where I cant even score 10k and Im over 110k. I dont know pal, something fishy going on. Maybe I was blacklisted by GLU.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Yeah that skill reminds me of 17 when WOH was first added and they started doing popups for prime players a week or so before the 1st event at $19.99 with a special WOH skill. I bought Starling Marte and still have him in 17. 

Those were the days when they would do popups at $19.99, and sometimes $14.99, for a guaranteed specific prime layer and not a 5* possibility mixed in with it.

• Options

@houmy

Those '17 popup offers were my favorite

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    I love the club events multiplier!
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    It's the only decent thing about being Diamond.
    Tap tap tap tap it in