Options

X2 Gold Videos & Offers - Nov 20th, 6 Days Long

Comments

• Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Wish I could play videos while connected to my employer's network. Have to wait until I get home. Boo.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    ^ gotta spring for that unlimited data plan lol
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Well they said they fixed a minor issue with videos, they actually work less than before....
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Yea im getting 1 video then nothing for an hour or more anyone eose still?
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Nope, I just got the update this morning and never update for at-least 2-3 days after release. Auto update turned off to make sure it doesn't happen by accident. Not sure why so many jump on the new updates so fast, there are always issues.
    Does this not give you cvc issues?
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I was still able to play on Tuesday but was not able to partake in the cvsc VIP event that took place. Didn't effect me anyways because I usually dont play unless Im needed for pts and let my club members win the rewards. I have since updated to the new app version. I never update right away, always wait 2 or 3 days between updates.

Regarding the videos, I havent had any issues watching videos before or after the update. I've read some people are having a "limit" before it says no videos available. Mine are working with no issues, for those that are having issues, feel free to move to Canada. ;) Our videos are working great!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Same with me on my iPhone 6 @jpuck6190
    However my iPad is working just fine
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Canuck android has a 1 and done video limit... ipad is cruising fine
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    My videos have been sporadic, early this morning I watched 28 and 23 videos in a row before it stopped, the last few hours a few videos every 5-15 minutes.  Before I updated it worked perfectly, the bad part about this is not knowing if the videos are going to work when you need boosts and continues.  I’ll still gain likely a fair amount of gold this weekend it still won’t likely be barring a fix what it could have been though.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Reset your ad Id number and you all will get more videos... Also I have also found that it doesn't hurt to clean the games' cache either I also clear the data from the game once or twice a day and the videos keep flowing and I have an Android and live in the States. 
  • Options
    I racked up around 1200 during the Cowboys/Redskins game in the first half so at least for me the issue seems for now to have subsided.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Reset your ad Id number and you all will get more videos... Also I have also found that it doesn't hurt to clean the games' cache either I also clear the data from the game once or twice a day and the videos keep flowing and I have an Android and live in the States. 
    This is fine if you just do videos but if you also do offers I would not suggest doing this ever.  Good way to get banned by Tapjoy.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Thanks to some good pointers from @Thumbsters I did the world war rising offer for 10K and finished the requirement in less than 24 hours and $5 spent but as soon as I did I got the reward failed message from Tapjoy. Not gonna enjoy the back and forth with TapJoy and potentially GLU CS that is going to follow. 

Going to try one of the quick download and run app offers to see if they pay out or not.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @houmy best way to check if your banned it watch the 1g video inside tapjoys offer wall. If it payouts your ok. If not your banned.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 no payouts on the 1g videos either. Time to get CS involved I guess.

• Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I don't know about being banned. I've been resetting the id number one to two times a day haven't any issues with the offers. Honestly there plenty of offers that pay decent that you can do over again every 24 hours as long as you don't link your accounts with the app but you have to reset your Id number and clear the data from the game. 
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I stopped doing the ads bc this game gives me AD payout anxiety lol I don’t even want the headache!  
  • Options
    @houmy if you speak with CS they might contact tapjoy on your behalf and get you unbanned if this was your first time. Resetting AD ID is just a matter of time before they ban you. You might not get banned its there's always a chance, do so at your own risk.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @dkarski87 thanks for the advice buddy. I'll wait for TJ to get back to me first and then see what I need to do. The other download/run offers I did for testing just say pending and do not say failed so not sure what's going on. Even if TJ has banned me GLU needs to make them have it so that it is clear to you before you finish the offer. The way it is now you will spend time and resources for nothing while TJ still gets paid from the app developers.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @houmy whos TJ? lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    TJ=tap joy.
    @Houmy, you're definitely not banned. Even if offers fail, they can still pay. I had a few instantly failed and TJ has just fixed it for me. The main reason offers fail is due to resetting the ad ID. They'll look into it and if thing check out, they will take care of you.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    While I’m pretty sure I’m banned from tapjoy for cancelling the Gillette razor order (offers started failing right around that time) I would love for them to say you’re suspended or banned and give the appearance that you can do the offers then just fail each individual offer.  I just stopped inquiring when they didn’t answer me on 3 separate occasions, offers can be a nice supplemental way to gain some extra gold but don’t want to beat my head against the wall either.
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @houmy whos TJ? lol
    Tapjoy, aka bloodsucking SOBs ;)

• Options
    thanks @houmy and @DFBB. I thought TJ was your personal CS agent with GLU that you kept on retainer. ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    TJ=tap joy.
    @Houmy, you're definitely not banned. Even if offers fail, they can still pay. I had a few instantly failed and TJ has just fixed it for me. The main reason offers fail is due to resetting the ad ID. They'll look into it and if thing check out, they will take care of you.
    @DFBB thanks for the advice buddy. I'll just wait for TJ to respond to me as I am in no hurry to use that gold. I would just need it to buy some EVO boxes maybe so I can wait for now.

• Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    @Houmy I also did the 10k WWR offer and it took me roughly 31 hours to complete. Got paid immediately. Worked perfectly for several of my club mates as well.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    TJ=tap joy.
    @DFBB thanks for the advice buddy. I'll just wait for TJ to respond to me as I am in no hurry to use that gold. I would just need it to buy some EVO boxes maybe so I can wait for now.
    Be prepared to wait, I was waiting 2 weeks on the same failed offer you speak of and kept pestering GLU until they finally contacted Tapjoy on my behalf.

Long story short, they told me I was flagged for resetting advertising ID, but did pay the 8000+ gold along with a warning that the next time it would result in a permanent ban.  That was my 2nd time, so it appears it may be a 3 strikes and you're out rule.  I do supplement videos with game offers so I haven't and won't reset again since then.
  • Options
    Speaking of videos. Are they working for everyone else. I keep getting the no video available since last night. 

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Speaking of videos. Are they working for everyone else. I keep getting the no video available since last night. 
    Didn’t work well the first two nights, but I’ve had no problem banking gold from videos since day 3 on.  
  • Options
    @JdotChristopher hasn't worked at all for me since last night. GLU really needs to get it together as some are missing out on some much needed free gold while others are not. Sometimes I really wonder if they do this on purpose due to some algorithm tracking your spending habits. It's like they are pushing you to be a loader/cheater.