WoH for 12-3-18: Altuve, Altuve!!!

2Next

Comments

• Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @Houmy how much gold per cycle? 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Gallo is 0-11, Arenado 0-8 though I screwed up my last two attempts having the winning run on base I call those missed opportunities I’m really struggling today I’ve won at least 2x per WoH day since the Neris/Diaz days.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Second cycle got Verlander, maybe SP5
    I haven't have too much trouble with Babe vs Ohtani
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    whelp now I'm 0-4 with Bendintini as well. 0-20 on the day. SO ANGRY. 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Every time tying run comes to the plate, it becomes curvecity or sliderville for me. Had 4 straight HRs w/ 500 Yelich, then nothing hittable. Did manage 2 “lucky” rounds with 490 Harper and got Turner, but also Votto so I’m content 😌
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I definately dont have the best luck today.  I was getting thru it fine until that last cycle but 7 times thru and only 2/7 LXP.  Also 4 Verlander, 2 Turner and 1 Kaline who im not leveling.  Was just hoping for Votto today.
    Got Votto on the 9th cycle, 2/9 LXP.  Think im just gonna slow play now.  Doesnt feel like a good lxp day and wouldnt level altuve for a while if at all.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    #11 finally brought Vottomatic home!!! It's time to dance...slowly! :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Finally made it to 5-10. Only happened one other time since in diamond. 3 attempts. Made it to 5-2 with tying run at the plate. Splitter was awful.  Need to move Harper up a little more.  He is diamond 3 against Ohtani at diamond 6.  I have his skills at 13 each at least  
  • Options
    third cycle, 2nd votto
  • Options
    SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    I couldn't get a hittable pitch from vida !! This seems much harder than normal🤔🤔
  • Options
    I’m now 0-28 and for the first time since Diaz I actually contemplated quitting it’s ridiculous.
  • Options
    4th cycle, 3rd Votto. So much for 15% chance of Votto
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    4 cycles just need votto and altuve, happy to get kaline...Ottavino has been tougher for me than vida or ohtani
  • Options
    Well on the 30th time I finally broke through and got Turner who won’t make my team though few will these days unless 470 or higher.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Well on the 30th time I finally broke through and got Turner who won’t make my team though few will these days unless 470 or higher.

Very strange day. I’ve been doing 6-8 cycles regularly. Today cycled 3 times, a little pricy and tougher than usual but manageable.  Then it went impossible. Lost my next 20 matchups to Ohtani, costing me a gross amount of gold. Blue, whom I had been managing fine, suddenly giving me fits too. Even throwing gold at it didn’t help. I literally could not complete a 4th cycle no matter what I tried. 

Hoping it eases up on Wednesday. Today was miserable. 
  • Options
    I second the miserable part I in 30 attempts had 3 chances to actually win (winning run on base or at the plate).  Of those I should have won twice and missed one so I kinda wonder what a lot of players are thinking.  I don’t have the team a lot of you that frequently participate in WoH threads do but I’m not exactly running scrubs out there either (9 players at least at 470, 4 of those 485 or better, 3 players with two skills).  Team strength of nearly 115k in gold, not amazing but very solid imo and would think in 30 attempts I’d break through at least 3-4x.  Sorry I’m venting a little just having Neris/Diaz flashbacks and comparatively speaking I’m better off by far now than I was then when I was trying to beat Diaz with 420 Altuve and PotW Yelich.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Finally got my 2nd cycle after similar stories as above...lost count the number of restarts because of Blue...but even Flaraghty and ottavino started doing 9 consecutive curves... anyway I got Turner and strangely but quickly I got back to 5.10 only to lose due to a video restart freeze....typical...tuff day
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Finally got my 2nd cycle after similar stories as above...lost count the number of restarts because of Blue...but even Flaraghty and ottavino started doing 9 consecutive curves... anyway I got Turner and strangely but quickly I got back to 5.10 only to lose due to a video restart freeze....typical...tuff day

Well it is comforting that I’m not alone on this. I’ll just ignore those who cycled 10 times with ease and commiserate with you :)
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I feel like Glu picks a certain amount of players for misery days!   Today was one of my easiest days in WOH.  I cycled 6 times and picked up Turner 2X, Verlander, Altuve, and Kaline 2X.  The best luck I’ve had so far on here on any given WOH.  
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Got Votto on the 7th cycle with about 14 minutes left, the only one I wanted, and kept restarting him to get to tier 5. With 1 minute left to go and 300k shy of tier 5 the inning drags on for 3 hits and finishes maybe about 2 seconds after cut off so points don't count. Go figure.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Well I cycled 6 times. Mantle vs Blue, Harper vs Ohtani. Had more trouble with Blue . Pulled all 5 players from the box . First time I've seen that. 
  • Options
    Cycled for the 5th time with 2-3 seconds left. 
    Total loot included 3 x Votto and 2 x Verlander.
    Votto at 475 and 2 skills was a nice improvement over 1 skill, 455 legend Clark.
    Verlander at 445, 1 skill, not sure if worth the prime xp to level up to replace my SP-5, because i have a 430 Snell with one skill that uses blue skill (if i ever decide to go gold).
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Well I cycled 6 times. Mantle vs Blue, Harper vs Ohtani. Had more trouble with Blue . Pulled all 5 players from the box . First time I've seen that. 
    LOL....you cycled the cycle.  
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2018
    3X Verlander, 2X Turner, 1X Votto for me today.  I really wanted Altuve and no such luck, but Votto will be a nice upgrade for me at 1st and keeps the event from being a total loss.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It was a great day!  Platinu WoH turned out to be very similar to gold WoH. I got nice upgrades on the infield and the club got first!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    My first multiple cycle, do these guys pop up during the week for bonus players or is it safe to recycle the ones you don’t need
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @whammo911 I would wait to see who tomorrow's bonus guys are, but more than likely safe. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!