Options

Post Xmas Royale: It's a Babe, it's a Pitcher!

2Next

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    i'm 3 for 6 on Kluber today so far. JD, Dee, and Zobrist. So i'm 3 for 3 on players I didn't want or need! Thanks Glu :)
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    My feedback:

WOH is getting progressively less and less fun.  The premium XP is nice, but that can be obtained regularly in CvsC too.  The difficulty seems to vary considerably throughout the day, and typically the gold spent to beat 5-10 results in a player that is only very temporarily helpful for bonus points and requires an additional significant investment to be fully effective.  

I've cycled twice and I'm just meh about going any more at this point.  It needs something different, it's losing luster.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats not me.  I never win cvc.  I need these premium boxes. 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    9 cycles - 7 Dee Gordons...  lol - some days the legends won't shake out!
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    benny100 said:
    9 cycles - 7 Dee Gordons...  lol - some days the legends won't shake out!
    Keep it up!  I am gonna try for a few more later lol
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Lol - I'm done - 10th cycle was my second zobrist
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats same here. I am done with this game as it has lost all it's appeal to me. For me though mostly it's the fact that GLU won't spend the extra $$$ combating the hackers and loaders while trying to get us to spend more on these pointless "specials".
    What's the point of cycling and getting the top players when the guys who somehow never run out of gold and always pull the top players do the same for next to nothing? If GLU was serious about combating these gold loaders and GG hackers they would but it's cheaper for them to let it go on I guess. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I finished up a little bit ago, 6 wins in 18 tries, my 2nd highest amount of wins in a single WoH, I didn’t get much though, 2 Dees, Zobrists, and JDs each.  The Zobrist looked interesting then I remembered I’m in plat even my 445 Camo Gennett is comparable to him outside of CvC thanks to late innings skill.  I did get my LL Lindor capped and while his power is lower than I’d like for an elite player his hit rating is actually insane.  He’s my 2nd best RH and 3rd best lefty.  Do I really need to level any more bats?  I have 3 left, 2 right, and now 1 switch hitter.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    4x JD and 3x Zobrist...and equally boring is I got mostly pxp when I'm desperate for lxp... typical I guess...had a video restart with kluber for the first win, after that never lost to him. Had a couple of losses to Diaz due 9 consecutive garbage throws and random similar problems a few times with other guys but overall pretty straightforward day with disappointing reward results.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Had a real nice day. 21 cycles and got 38/63 on lxp boxes...and of course, I got my Living legend!!!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Had a real nice day. 21 cycles and got 38/63 on lxp boxes...and of course, I got my Living legend!!!

You the real MVP!  I was chasing Zobrist lol probably the only person, but I couldn’t scoop him up!!
  • Options
    @JdotChristopher I was chasing Ben too! He's soooo good for CvC! switch hitter and always double boosted man! I got him, took him to p7, and pulled him three more times to cap! I love it when things work out! haha
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @JdotChristopher I was chasing Ben too! He's soooo good for CvC! switch hitter and always double boosted man! I got him, took him to p7, and pulled him three more times to cap! I love it when things work out! haha
    I hear ya.  Any time I scoop up somebody I want, I end up pulling them the next 3 cycles too lol it’s always funny and annoying at the same time.  I got JD and Penguin all of my cycles.  And the last thing I needed was another 3B guy!
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    3 JDs and 1 Zobrist. Ugh. 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Same here. Was really pumped cuz I went 4 for 6 vs Kluber, but was disappointed by the picks I received. Already had JD and my team is jailed, so 2x Zobrist does me absolutely no good...👎🏻
  • Options
    I got 2 JDs, 2 Zobrists, and 2 Gordons... 6 cycles is nice. But not when you get shafted on the picks. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    10% odds for the top 3....6 cycles and no hits is disappointing (5x for me) but not surprising.
  • Options
    @DFBB whats it gonna be today??? 
  • Options
    @nym5fan I'm hoping it's like last week and it's the LL Votto...yeah, fairly unrealistic. :)
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    @nym5fan I'm hoping it's like last week and it's the LL Votto...yeah, fairly unrealistic. :)
    That would be nice! Even nicer would be Holiday Teddy :) lol 

I know I know I am smoking crack, but a guy can dream can't he? :)
  • Options
    And I am totally aware they would never offer that before giving everyone ample time to purchase him outright and make all the money they can off of him. I am simply saying that would be my dream and that it would be even nicer than LL Votto :)
  • Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    DFBB said:
    That would be nice! Even nicer would be Holiday Teddy :) lol 

I know I know I am smoking crack, but a guy can dream can't he? :)
    Actually, it would kinda suck if someone just bought a player and then won them in WOH lol.
  • Options
    @Babybombers9 I totally agree, but a guy can dream ;)
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Its LL Kluber?!?!?! What in the world are they thinking? Who is the bonus hitter????
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Dumb... I don't like this setup, even if it guarantees your rewards. I mean yes, I want a living legend, but not if literally everyone else has him too. What's the point?

I'm guessing bonus hitter will be one of the weekend players.
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Oh dear, that’s a disappointment 
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY I know there are some that prefer this format, but I'm with you. There's no joy in having a player that will basically be on everyone else's roster. *sigh*
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    By the looks of things, not everyone can or did cycle. It’s a nice reward for those who could beat Maricial-in my ipinion.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    By the looks of things, not everyone can or did cycle. It’s a nice reward for those who could beat Maricial-in my ipinion.
    Very true.  I know it *feels like* from these forums that everyone can cycle, but I would guess that the actual percentage of teams that can is 5% or so at the very most.  

I'm in a full diamond club of all active players and including myself we have 2-3 cyclers at most in WOH.  I know there are hardcore groups that are much higher than that but there are also many, many casual groups without any cyclers at all.
  • Options
    fahhq2 said:
    Very true.  I know it *feels like* from these forums that everyone can cycle, but I would guess that the actual percentage of teams that can is 5% or so at the very most.  

I'm in a full diamond club of all active players and including myself we have 2-3 cyclers at most in WOH.  I know there are hardcore groups that are much higher than that but there are also many, many casual groups without any cyclers at all.
    I think our club has between 6-8 cyclers on any given WoH event. @JEDDDOGGY can correct my if my guesstimate is off.