Options

WoH Royale for 1-2-19? Let's Speculate!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
First Royale of 2019 and I'll predict that we see the Babe, the hitter, and the ATGs will get boosted today. I also expect to see the double skills prime Bryant from the weekend box and I think he will be the bonus. Personally, I'm hoping for holiday Ted, but I've been known to be a tad optimistic. Since this has turned into a wish list, I also need a new reliever. Thanks in advance Glu! 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Are we going to continue to see new iterations of the Living Legends? The legends box in the store is past due, I think... 

As for today's box, I'd guess Yount / Bryant from weekend box, an ATG (is it Babe's turn?) and a Living Legend, and then your 3 garbage guys.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Are we going to continue to see new iterations of the Living Legends? The legends box in the store is past due, I think... 

As for today's box, I'd guess Yount / Bryant from weekend box, an ATG (is it Babe's turn?) and a Living Legend, and then your 3 garbage guys.
    Make that prime the 510 Holiday Baez and you won’t be calling him a garbage guy 😏
  • Options
    We could get an intro to.....sig legends! 😍
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY My sig legends reference was in response to LL. I think we are done with those boxes and Sig legends will replace them.
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Would be great to see two good legends. Like babe, another good one. and a couple RPs in the box. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    We could get an intro to.....sig legends! 😍
    I am not sure if they'll even do signature legends this year as with TW & Ellis being 525 max already I am not sure they can go that much higher on non-ATG legends.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Well I guess speculate no more.

• Options
    @Houmy is back!
  • Options
    On a personal level, I'm fairly disappointed with the box. Lots of good options for most guys though.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Cool, I have a good chance to get a player I don't already have here. Got Ramos over the weekend and have Mays, but would gladly take LL Ichiro or Bench.
  • Options
    Bench or Ramos would be the only two worth getting for me. So I am expecting to pull Mays or Posey, which I traded in yesterday, instead :unamused: 

• Options
    Bench, Ramos, or mays would all be upgrades. I’m would love to get mays as I’ve had mantle as my only hitting atg since September. 
  • Options
    3 catchers? After the LL Posey was in the last two WoH boxes?? Rememeber when catchers were tough to get? Lol
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Anyone but Gomez or Posey and I'm happy.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I would love them to replace those draft picks on each level with some EVO........ or throw some EVO in the XP box. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    benny100 said:
    I would love them to replace those draft picks on each level with some EVO........ or throw some EVO in the XP box. 
    I've started spending the 150 gold every 8 hours to double up on my season mode games to cut my season mode cycling time in half just because of how hard EVO is to come by.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Me too, I have a full squad of legends inactive where if I had evo I could put out an all left or right lineup except second base...but 186 evo just to get platinum and then the 2 skills it’s just to much to level all these guys
  • Options
    @Wicked0Wildcats me too - 65 evo every 7 days or so is just about getting me through but struggling to boost the skills without more 
  • Options
    Ichiro's image is kind of appropriate considering his status. Retired but not retired. Can play but can't play.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    First bug of 19? K's by Holiday Blue aren't paying out in tournaments for me.

EDIT: Not a bug. They have the 490 Vida as the bonus guy.

• Options
    LL Trout does it again.....
  • Options
    5.7 - 5.10 same as Monday
    Verlander (R)
    Langston (L)
    Degrom (R)
    Marichal (R)

• Options
    Got through marichal with one restart. Seems more doable than Monday. Pulled Ramos
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Maeda was a joke compared to last week and Langston somehow gave me trouble last week i had no issue other than 4.10 and 5.10... had to use a restart on marichal today. Unbelieveable that my teddy with both skills at lvl 15 didnt get one pitch to hit until i spent gold. Every week i play this the less it makes sense to me. Did pull bench though. I think i will stick with the cervelli i just bought since im stocked up on prime xp.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Got through marichal with one restart. Seems more doable than Monday. Pullestevebalboni said:
    Got through marichal with one restart. Seems more doable than Monday. Pulled Ramos
    Nope.  0-3.  One fast ball in 3 at bats with teddy
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went 1-10 and pulled Posey, I’d get 2 or 3 hits and then it would dry up, other than the attempt I won on I got only one sequence where I got 5 hits with no outs but then saw 9 bad balls in a row after.  I need to boost my skills past 11, I have the lxp I don’t have the evo. Fortunately I got 15k lxp in my first batch of boxes.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Seems just as ridiculous as Monday to me if not worse.  I got one hittable pitch in 2 tries with an 80 boosted Mantle.

Since Marichal has that LHB boost, should I try that 490 max Edwin that I won on Monday with a double 11/20 late innings boost, or am I kidding myself thinking that could work?
  • Options
    @Wicked0Wildcats you just aren't getting hittable balls. It took me about 8 tries with double RHP skills Holiday Ted Williams with both skills at 11%. He starts at 440 in gold against 268 Marichal and it's still not doable unless you get the right pitch sequence.

• Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    1-6 with Holiday Ted Williams.  They got 1400 gold from me (restarts and boost) and I got Ramos.  No more gold restarts today.  Marichal made me look like I had a wiffle ball bat.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @Wicked0Wildcats so far (fingers crossed) 5.10 has been easier. 1-2 on the first and 1-1 on the second. Noteworthy is that both skills are boosted to 15% with Holiday Ted