Options

WoH Royale for 1-2-19? Let's Speculate!

Comments

• Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I had both of mine at 14, just upped them to 15, hoping for better results next round.
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats so far (fingers crossed) 5.10 has been easier. 1-2 on the first and 1-1 on the second. Noteworthy is that both skills are boosted to 15% with Holiday Ted
    Man i have my ted up to 15% on both as well and it seems way harder. I want your luck. i figured buying that ted and sending him through the roof could save me some gold today but who am i kidding.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    As a fervent fan of WOH, it really isn't much fun for me anymore.  My needs are so few that the amount of gold it takes to beat 5.10 isn't worth it.  Aside from some lingering Maeda issues, Levels 1.1 - 5.6 are just a time waster.  5.7 - 5.9 are a challenge but manageable.  And 5.10 is no fun at all, it just costs me gold and endless frustration -- my ATG is useless against Marichal, and my two-skill (non holiday) Williams seems to run out of steam as soon as I get it to 6-5.  It's getting really hard to find the enjoyment in WOH these days. 
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    0-5 with teddy.  2 fastballs totala
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I’m not even gonna try after reading this. Too costly 

edit: the good news is that now I have 0 reasons to buy club batting boosts on a weekly basis and can save gold. I went diamond because walk-off was impossible way back in the day. Now it has become virtually impossible for me again
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I don’t understand this. I am so mad right now. I have Mauer maxed at platinum and spend over 800 gold on restarts and boosts and still can’t make it passed Maeda at 4.10. I am so close to just deleting this game off my phone. That would be $400 plus wasted but at least I wouldnt waste anymore on it.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats you just aren't getting hittable balls. It took me about 8 tries with double RHP skills Holiday Ted Williams with both skills at 11%. He starts at 440 in gold against 268 Marichal and it's still not doable unless you get the right pitch sequence.
    @Houmy
    Edwin got it done for me now on try #4. I had to invest heavily to get him to 15/20 on both boosts but I figured double late innings was worth it.  He was 440 overall with the 80 boost.  Hopefully he'll be kind of like a poor man's LL Trout against the RHP with LHB boost.
  • Options
    Posey.  Yuck.  
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    2-3 yellich, posey and Ramos...not spending gold except boost for 5-10...only one I would want is mays and don’t have the time or luck of getting him twice
  • Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Ridiculous pitch sequences time after time....no way am I downloading 2019. Total waste of time and money. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Another win for boosted Edwin.   He's proving to be a more solid option against Marichal than Mantle was.

Anddd another useless Posey.  But 20K grand LXP at least.
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Holiday Boggs or BF Acuna for 5.10?
  • Options
    I'm already 0-3 cause glu is a bunch of shits
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Finally beat it.  1-6
  • Options
    Update my first cycle was tough but ive had 4 since then and this has been my best luck yet. In order ive pulled bench, gomez, posey, ramos, and ichiro. I usually pull what i view as the base players so i cant complain at all today. Maybe im due for my first all time great
  • Options
    Beat it with boggs first try yay had to move his skills from 11/11 to 15/15 tho cost me all my LXP. didn't get a single out on me so if anyone has boggs you can try him
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Was able to get second cycle, got Posey.  
  • Options
    NOF3ARNOF3AR Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Tonight was my first time cycling woh thank you glu gods i am pumped 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    First cycle got Gomez, straight to inactive.
    Second cycle got Bench. His second skill (bases empty) really sucks but at 515 is way better than my 480 max  Salvador Perez.
    By the way, I cannot believe that ATGs were boosted up only to 530. A total joke.

• Options
    It's that magical time of day when all of the autoplays that have been wins all day start all turning into losses for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I Finally cleared it...I found the key, you have to go up and take a shit in the owner of the companies private bathroom (he has private wifi up there) its stronger than any other in the building.he writes the password on a sheet on the back of the door...I win!
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Anyone have ichiro? I pulled him and his picture keeps flashing between living legend and just the basic player face? Which version do i have?
  • Options
    its the same guy, living legends are animated
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    First cycle got Gomez, straight to inactive.
    Second cycle got Bench. His second skill (bases empty) really sucks but at 515 is way better than my 480 max  Salvador Perez.
    By the way, I cannot believe that ATGs were boosted up only to 530. A total joke.

Yea im still very salty about it 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    4 Posey's and a Gomez....... not my day so far - at least the XP is decent
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Another cycle, this time Posey. 
    I hate that they added 3 catchers to the box.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    11 cycles in and I'm at 5 Posey, 3 Ramos, 2 Gomez and an Ichiro
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m not even gonna try after reading this. Too costly 

edit: the good news is that now I have 0 reasons to buy club batting boosts on a weekly basis and can save gold. I went diamond because walk-off was impossible way back in the day. Now it has become virtually impossible for me again
    I’m with you, bro.  Since Marichal has been on WOH, it has become damn near impossible for me to beat it without tons of restarts with gold.  The rewards aren’t even good enough to waste the gold anymore either.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @JdotChristopher when I was able to cycle the pitchers were diamond 3-4. Now I have diamond 6 and who knows what their skill levels are set to.  I’m not wasting gold or actual cash on this event until/if the event becomes possible without multiple restarts
  • Options
    Cycled twice for the first time ever today, but pulled two Poseys. I honestly don't know whether it's worth it to go again because if I pull another Posey I'd be pissed as hell.