Options

WoH Royale for 1-2-19? Let's Speculate!

13Next

Comments

• Options
    CHITOWNBOMBER50CHITOWNBOMBER50 Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I finally was able to cycle for the first time ever. I used Holiday Williams with only 1 restart, first try with no gold and got nothing but those damn curveballs with Hernandez calling them strikes. 2nd time with the 80 gold and got almost all fastballs.. Pulled Ramos 
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Cycled twice, found 4.10 Maeda harder than 5.10 Marichal..
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Nothing like a 5.10 video crash....... happening all day.... and how ironic where the video froze...... too funny!
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I just lined into a triple twice in a row on 4.9 what the **** glu
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    A second Posey after my 4th cycle. Crap
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Really pissed me off when I get the Unable to Load Video on a 5-10 continue.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’ve been saying this all season...WOH doesn’t need a whole inning restart for gold.  It needs the 2 out restart from where you left off with gold.  So many guys are 6-5 and that extra out for 100 gold would help out way better than a complete restart.  Lets go, Glu!!
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I keep having that tik tok ad freeze at the top of the screen...Without a boost I get one fastball from marichel and the rest all curves...oh well..I seem to have better luck on Monday’s anyway 
  • Options
    SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    Marichal is not throwing me fastballs.  Afraid it's not in the cards today. The good news is I'm getting closer and closer.  If I had LL Votto maxed I'm sure I'd get the pitches I need from Marichal 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Cycled for the fifth time and got Ichiro. Him and Bench made the day not a total waste of the 4k restarts gold.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went 2 for 21 with LL Trout at 11/11.  Was I just really unlucky or is it something else.  I’m only winning the past few days on about 1 in 7 tries, I don’t need too many of the offerings in the boxes but it just sucks when you with an 80 gold boost have a fairly large advantage in stats knowing any upgrades are going to be costly (186 evo for a high end plat prime or legend).  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @redlegs2018u IMO, your bonus skills need to be leveled much higher. I didn't have a chase player today so I messed around and here are my results with a 20/20 Trout in plat:

-1 for 5 with the video boost today, 1 for 1 on Monday=2 for 6 total
    -8 for 14 with the 40g boost, 0-1 on Monday=8 for 15 total
    -8 for 9 with the 80g boost, 15 for 20 on Monday=23 for 29 total

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    More fun day for me. Cycled 11 times. Got all but the Elusive ATG. 
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    495 Suzuki vs 490 Williams? Anyone have Suzuki maxed at gold? Please post 
  • Options
    3 Poseys and 2 Ichiros today.  Disappointed.  The only silver lining is that my premium XP boxes were almost all LXP.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m not beating Marichal with anybody with their bonus skills less than 14/14.  Right when I played him with Yelich at 15/15, I immediately received more fastballs than before.  Still crap luck and some cheap stuff, but it’s a little easier.  I feel like you can’t do much if you’re working with 10/10 bonus skills.  
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    4 wins, posey, Ramos, and 2x Gomez. Wanted to see how I would do with just video boosts but the tik tok ad kept freezing..4-6 with 80 gold boost 0-6 with video boost only...kinda bored with woh, if you spend gold you can cycle all day..no skill involved, if you could hit the curves or get them out of the bad sequences it would be fun...also I don’t like how c vs c and woh has 2 different strike zones..
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    my biggest frustration are the rewards boxes outcomes. I absolutely hate getting duplicates, particularly when I have the player before the event even starts (Ramos today for example). In addition, for me, never getting the top players in the box, always the lower end guys. A couple times the lower end guys were upgrades for the positions in my roster, but overwhelmingly, my reward players sit inactive for maybe being a bonus guy one day. I’ve completely stopped caring what players are in the rewards boxes now coz I’ll never get a “good” one. I play for the pxp/lxp to level up the players I’ve bought or in a blue moon got from a gift. Am I whining? Yes. 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Was able to cycle 3 ties,rewards got progressively worse - Ramos, Posey, Gomez  Would have loved to have been one of those guys who pulled Ichiro.  He is one of my son's favorites.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I cycled 3 times in 3 tries. I have Holiday Teddy with 16/16 skills and use 80g boost. Only needed 1 restart with video. 

But like @Sandpipers and many others have "whined" about the duplicate player issue has gone rampant. I get if you already have a player on your roster and "happen" to pull the same player from a new box. But pulling the same player from the same box back to back or more times is just stupid. There has to be a way to keep this from happening. 

I too like sandpipers had a player before the event Gomez. First pull... I got Gomez... Okay, new box getting a duplicate. I can brush it off and keep my chin up. Then I pull another Gomez from the box... Now I want to curse Glu and get immediately frustrated. 

And like many others... I have not once pulled one of the "good" players from these boxes. I would much rather go back to the guaranteed single player for cycling rather than loading up my inactives list with players I will never level up and might be bonus for 1 day. Give us the one player that is a "good" player and a bonus player and make everyone (or majority) happy. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    I cycled 3 times in 3 tries. I have Holiday Teddy with 16/16 skills and use 80g boost. Only needed 1 restart with video. 

But like @Sandpipers and many others have "whined" about the duplicate player issue has gone rampant. I get if you already have a player on your roster and "happen" to pull the same player from a new box. But pulling the same player from the same box back to back or more times is just stupid. There has to be a way to keep this from happening. 

I too like sandpipers had a player before the event Gomez. First pull... I got Gomez... Okay, new box getting a duplicate. I can brush it off and keep my chin up. Then I pull another Gomez from the box... Now I want to curse Glu and get immediately frustrated. 

And like many others... I have not once pulled one of the "good" players from these boxes. I would much rather go back to the guaranteed single player for cycling rather than loading up my inactives list with players I will never level up and might be bonus for 1 day. Give us the one player that is a "good" player and a bonus player and make everyone (or majority) happy. 
    I cycled 11 times and got Ramos 7 of them. At 30% odds that's crazy unlikely.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited January 2019
    9 for me - 7 Posey and 2 Gomez (Who I already had before the event) 
    The odds don't seem to play out in the long run either. I would have taken 9 lots of 20 EVO over those players any day at this stage in the season
  • Options
    Was able to cycle 3 ties,rewards got progressively worse - Ramos, Posey, Gomez  Would have loved to have been one of those guys who pulled Ichiro.  He is one of my son's favorites.
    @ReadingFightingPhils
    I'd happily trade my Ichiro for your Ramos if I could.
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils
    I'd happily trade my Ichiro for your Ramos if I could.
    Trades would be an awesome addition to the game!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I am up to 175 estimated cycles since Black Friday and still haven't pulled a top 2 player. It is getting to where it seems absurd, as if I've been "blocked" from getting another ATG or other top player.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think i ended with 8 Posey, 3 Ramos, 3 Gomez and an Ichiro.  Seems like Ichiro was easily the most common legend
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I can’t afford 20/20 on a guy that is too much gold, I think however as my season is drawing to a close this weekend that if I’m lucky enough to win plat playoffs again (lost a game in 2 of the 3 series) I’ll take that evo and give it to LL Trout and my best lefty (BF Gallo) as I have plenty of lxp and only pitchers to spend it on (LL Kluber and 490 Ryan) and push them to 15/15 and hope that extra 8% gives me a chance to make it say 1 cycle every 3-4 attempts vs every 8-10.  My team is deep enough to get to 5.9-5.10 with little effort (no losses till 5.10 my first time through yesterday) with all 12 batters 475+ 7 of them with 2 skills.
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts

3x Gomez, 2x Ramos, 1x Ichiro. Can't complain as I recently had better pulls (not in WOH) of ATG Mantle and OBP Williams, but I've had plenty of "Pulled Kemp 9x" WOH days. Support doesn't even acknowledge this as an issue and states that their RNG (random number generator) is working as intended.

Of course I gave them a statistics spiel and the probability of getting the same result 9 of 11 times where the probability of getting said pull was 37.5%. Think about it - even at 50/50 odds - it's improbable that you'd flip a coin and get heads nine times in a row, so how is it that even longer odds I pull the same guy that many times?