Options

WoH Royale for 1-23-19: Early Speculating!

Comments

• Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    got through john first try with video boost. ngl im very surprised
  • Options
    pulled betts, who i already had. lol.
  • Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Absolutely nothing but curves from degrom....frustrating as hell.
  • Options
    @Houmy
    Just a note, Betts has been a 5.10 beast for me. with skills only at 15/5 on monday, i got 4 cycles. Today hes 1/1
  • Options
    Skills at 15/15
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I don't understand why Marichal is this difficult.  I'm using a guy who should be a great matchup for him.  (LL Votto w/ RHP and RISP)  Yet he's just eating me alive.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats where do you have Votto's skills? Babe, who has similar ratings, is crushing him. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    my biggest trouble today is 5.7 verlander. probably a combined 4-14 against him
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Houmy
    Just a note, Betts has been a 5.10 beast for me. with skills only at 15/5 on monday, i got 4 cycles. Today hes 1/1
    Thank you for the information buddy. I am covered for 5.10 WOH from both sides of the plate already with these guys. I was just contemplating Betts as a DH to replace 490 Teddy and wanted to see if he's worth spending the EVO on.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBB said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats where do you have Votto's skills? Babe, who has similar ratings, is crushing him. 
    Holiday Ted doesn't have any problems with him either and Mays handles 5.10 just fine today so it may just be the skills as @DFBB pointed out. Either way after 2 Judges and 1 Betts I am done as the app is getting close to it's EOL and not as fun any more unless there is a player that would make my roster and worth going for. A 510+ closer would be one such instance for me.

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    Holiday Ted doesn't have any problems with him either and Mays handles 5.10 just fine today so it may just be the skills as @DFBB pointed out. Either way after 2 Judges and 1 Betts I am done as the app is getting close to it's EOL and not as fun any more unless there is a player that would make my roster and worth going for. A 510+ closer would be one such instance for me.

Will you play 2019?  I'm still on the fence.  Every year it gets harder to invest in a team and then start over.  But at this point it is really, really hard to improve my team.  Even the Elite Legend Bundle for $30 isn't worth it, because I have one of the three players.  I'd love Holiday Ted, but I'm not going to spend $30 and risk getting the same player I already have (Rizzuto)....
  • Options
    can someone send a picture of Homefield Rizzo at gold 10?
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Can’t beat tommy at 5.10.  0/4 with Perez and 0/4 with bf yelich.   Both only got 1 skill active.  Got no one else strong enough so not sure what to do.  
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I've gotten Judge every time (8 times). 

Odds of a coin flip getting same result 8 times in a row is 1 in 256. 

50 percent, my a**
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I've gotten Judge every time (8 times). 

Odds of a coin flip getting same result 8 times in a row is 1 in 256. 

50 percent, my a**
    Ive gotten betts, then bryant.
  • Options
    verlander is a liteal BITCH holy shits
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Took 2 gold restarts after the video restart on Marichal 

• Options
    2 rizzos, 1 betts.
  • Options
    i feel like John is more skill based today. Less curves but if you pull a fastball hard it is an out, if you miss it the at-bat becomes harder.
  • Options
    i feel like John is more skill based today. Less curves but if you pull a fastball hard it is an out, if you miss it the at-bat becomes harder.
    I had 3 attempts at him
    first 2 about the same. Lead off runner on, then an out. Couple more hits then 2 outs. 

3rd time- 8-8 before a single out. Then finished 9-8 with only 1 out. 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    15 and 15.
  • Options
    Ummm. Ouch. 

So so they beefed up 5-10 with a 525 pitcher and made it harder to get the players you might actually want 

So they are slowly but surely making the WOH box like every other box where the best odds is disappointment.
  • Options
    @Metsicans not sure about 19 yet. All the time & money I spend on this app could definitely be spent in a more productive way. 

• Options
    PaxtinPaxtin Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    8 cycles 7 judge 1 Stanton. Lulz.
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    @Metsicans not sure about 19 yet. All the time & money I spend on this app could definitely be spent in a more productive way. 
    What would happen if we all just stayed in 2018?  Serious question 
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    I'm on quite the streak . Same bottom shit player every box, every woh event for ever it seems now. Astronomical odds,  simular I suppose to freestufffriday .
    Lucky for me though, I get to watch the same guys show off their shiney new legends  from their first or second pull. Thanks for that. lol
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited January 2019
    7  cycles and 6 judges....... nice 😂

Oh .... other pull was Stanton for what it's worth..... nice club points at least 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The good news I’m 4 for 6 and the cash and bonus games are tasty, the bad news 3 of those 4 are a 445 Judge I traded away at some point I think and a Rizzo which if I was gold would be nice to have but is a long term project now.  
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Well well thanks glu, you finally put me over the edge today.  I threw my phone at the wall when I lost to tommy in 12th inning and got cleaned out curves with 11 or 12 straight curves.   I’ve been trying all day at it and not once did I catch a break.   I’ve tried my top lefty and righty and have almost 200 k more strength but nothing worked.  
        So when a GAME is making me that mad because of STUPID programming with the pitchers, playing a game of chance and the outcome is determined before you start!!!I guess it’s time to close my wallet to glu and there money hungry game.  All they want is our money every day, but I’m lacking my satisfaction with this game for the 1,000s of dollars I’ve spent

• Options
    newfy said:
    Well well thanks glu, you finally put me over the edge today.  I threw my phone at the wall when I lost to tommy in 12th inning and got cleaned out curves with 11 or 12 straight curves.   I’ve been trying all day at it and not once did I catch a break.   I’ve tried my top lefty and righty and have almost 200 k more strength but nothing worked.  
        So when a GAME is making me that mad because of STUPID programming with the pitchers, playing a game of chance and the outcome is determined before you start!!!I guess it’s time to close my wallet to glu and there money hungry game.  All they want is our money every day, but I’m lacking my satisfaction with this game for the 1,000s of dollars I’ve spent

We don’t suffer from Glu nearly as much as some of us do addiction. Glu knows players are addicted and they can get away with more because of that. If it wasn’t addicting, plenty of us would have quit a long time ago