Options

WoH Royale for 1-23-19: Early Speculating!

124Next

Comments

• Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    can someone send a picture of Homefield Rizzo at gold 10?

• Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    5-7.   Betts(already had) 2x Judge. 2x Stanton
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Pretty awesome day (4 different players in 5 cycles), but extremely frustrating at times with Verlander and Tommy. Avoided gold restarts all but two tries. Pulled Stanton (2x), Rizzo, Judge, and this guy...

• Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Walk off hero was a joke today. Both with its difficulty and it’s terrible box.
  • Options
    PaxtinPaxtin Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    15 cycles. 13 judge 1 Rizzo 1 Stanton. Seriously thinking about skipping the new game. 
  • Options
    jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Thanks to those of you that helped me out after my 0-20 showing against Abbott Monday. Went 3-12 on Tommy today with LL Betts who after the first cycle I was able to cap and start working on improving his skills. Definitely made a difference. (All 3 cycles gave me Rizzo, at least no Judge)
  • Options
    marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    MF judge*5 and 5100 gold spent. WTF
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    marela520 said:
    MF judge*5 and 5100 gold spent. WTF
    At least judge times 5 means 20 XP boxes. 
  • Options
    Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    5x, stanton twice,  rizzo 3x
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    19 cycles. I only needed a video boost for the last 18 because Mantle is such a beast Leftys. I got Mookie in box #2. I decided against leveling him so naturally, I got him four more times. 🙄

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Slow played the day and the difficulty was so so for my day.  Cycled 4 times and got Stanton 2x, Rizzo 1x, and Judge 1x.  The funniest part was that on 5.10 against John I had bases loaded with 0 outs on two separate occasions and both times I lined out to the pitcher and they got a triple play 😂 I laughed to myself and thought....You can’t make this $hit up lol I swear.  I beat both of those times on the restart tho so I can’t complain.  I get where guys are coming from when they’re getting screwed right from the start.  On a few occasions I didn’t even get a hittable pitch against Tommy John.  Zero chance to even attempt a win is pretty damn defeating for a player!  
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    3x Judge, Stanton, Rizzo... silver team also Stanton.... lost a couple of times at 5.10 coz of app freeze and couple other times because mostly curves. I have too many players to manage and still want to keep...I be gettin confuuused
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I was able to cycle 5 times today.  The first cycle was the hardest, and I thought it got easier as the day went.  I got Rizzo x 2 and just like everyone else I kept getting the Judge I always trade is x 3. 
    Anyone using this Rizzo in WOH?  Which level do you use him?  How does he do?  Thanks @Probodybuilder for the gold screenshot
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I was able to cycle 5 times today.  The first cycle was the hardest, and I thought it got easier as the day went.  I got Rizzo x 2 and just like everyone else I kept getting the Judge I always trade is x 3. 
    Anyone using this Rizzo in WOH?  Which level do you use him?  How does he do?  Thanks @Probodybuilder for the gold screenshot
    I’m using Rizzo versus verlander at 5-7 and versus not Justin at 4-8. He’s decent. Will win 60-70% of the time. Better than using acuna or gallo versus verlander. I felt degrom was easier than verlander so used my second best lefty Rizzo versus verlander. Holiday Williams vs marichal. Living legend altuve versus tommy john. 
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I’m using Rizzo versus verlander at 5-7 and versus not Justin at 4-8. He’s decent. Will win 60-70% of the time. Better than using acuna or gallo versus verlander. I felt degrom was easier than verlander so used my second best lefty Rizzo versus verlander. Holiday Williams vs marichal. Living legend altuve versus tommy john. 
    Thanks for the info.  Does he seem to do well in other modes?   What do you have his possibly randomly turned on skills at?  I think he would be lefty 4 in WOH for me (replacing BF Lindor 287 with a single 11 skill against RHP).  I have Holiday Ted 307 (17,15), Bf Yelich 292 (15,15), and BF Harper 287 (15,15)as my top 3.  I'm trying to get a replacement lefty for better results at some of my auto rounds like 5-5, 4-6.  I agree that degroom was eaisier than Verlander and flipped my guys there.  I also think Hernandez is easier than Not Justin and flip there also. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    When there is a lefty at 5.10, my life is so much easier. Mantle went like 6-8 against John yesterday, I cycled 6 times with limited issues and little gold spent. That’s after Mantle went 6-6 on Monday at 5.10. 

Problem is I don’t have a comparable left handed masher. The Rizzo I picked up yesterday is probably my best lefty, once I get his skills up. In the meantime I’m making do with two-skill Ted and Baines, both of whom have two skills active only part of the time (maybe, if Glu is applying the boost mid at bat). So, most weeks I’m struggling to cycle once or twice. It is all about having two skills active for 5.10, imo. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.  Does he seem to do well in other modes?   What do you have his possibly randomly turned on skills at?  I think he would be lefty 4 in WOH for me (replacing BF Lindor 287 with a single 11 skill against RHP).  I have Holiday Ted 307 (17,15), Bf Yelich 292 (15,15), and BF Harper 287 (15,15)as my top 3.  I'm trying to get a replacement lefty for better results at some of my auto rounds like 5-5, 4-6.  I agree that degroom was eaisier than Verlander and flipped my guys there.  I also think Hernandez is easier than Not Justin and flip there also. 
    Agreed that Hernandez is easier than Not Justin. I currently use 480 acuna or 475 obp votto for 5-5 auto play and they mostly win. Rizzo there should be pretty automatic and better than the lindor because if two skills. I have Rizzo’s skills up to 14 each similar to what I have acuna and votto up to. 
  • Options
    Agreed that Hernandez is easier than Not Justin. I currently use 480 acuna or 475 obp votto for 5-5 auto play and they mostly win. Rizzo there should be pretty automatic and better than the lindor because if two skills. I have Rizzo’s skills up to 14 each similar to what I have acuna and votto up to. 
    As for other modes I haven’t really used him much in them yet but he his hitting 614 with 1737 ops in 8 games(57abs)
  • Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    DFBB said:
    19 cycles. I only needed a video boost for the last 18 because Mantle is such a beast Leftys. I got Mookie in box #2. I decided against leveling him so naturally, I got him four more times. 🙄

I think almost everyone has noticed that you’re more likely to get a repeat of a player, even low odds ones, after you pull him. Not giving advice - you’re one of the most knowledgeable in the game - but what I will sometimes do - if it’s someone I might use or might come around again as a bonus guy - I level him to Silver 1, which doesn’t take a huge amount of resources, and then get the auto levels when I pull him again. It saves a little pxp or lxp in case you do later level them up.