WOH 2/4/2019

Comments

• Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    3-6 against max.  Nola been the tougest for me 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Finally got him on 16th try. 

3 for 21 today with the best player in the game capped and skills maxed at 20/20 with 80 gold boost every time.

In a fit of rage I just dumped 4,000 gold on restarts and boosts.

Today's been awesome so far haha.
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    I'm 1 for 1 against Scherzer and pulled CVC Ted!  Seems like a good great stopping point, lol. 
  • Options
    3 for 23, just lost to him twice again. Did not rage restart this time so that’s good lol
  • Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    ready to spend all my gold today trying to get kemp, got JD first cycle
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

3 for 21 today with the best player in the game capped and skills maxed at 20/20 with 80 gold boost every time.

Dang! Hang in there man. After cruising early and getting stumped, I'm on a roll again. It'll come back around for you too. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    DFBB said:

Dang! Hang in there man. After cruising early and getting stumped, I'm on a roll again. It'll come back around for you too. 
    Yup! Well, at least, I got him on the last one with no restart. Just got back to level 5 again so hoping for more regression to the mean.
  • Options
    PaxtinPaxtin Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Got jd first cycle so have been playing for points. Up to 66 million so far after 4 cycles. Haven’t opened my other boxes yet. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Excuse my ignorance. What does "hits by level 5 Mookie" mean? Do we have to level him to at least Bronze 5, or does he literally only get bonus points on Level 5 of woh? 

Oops, meant RBI's. 
  • Options
    glu is too lazy to be clear, its classic of them
  • Options
    duckk123 said:
    glu is too lazy to be clear, its classic of them
    Lol. well I just slid Bronze 1 Betts in on Lvl 3, stg 2 and he threw up 600k points, so I guess it doesn't mean either. 

Great Job!
  • Options
    0 for my last 5 against scherzer really glu?
  • Options
    has anyone **** pulled kemp?
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Yeah I got Cervelli 3 times, Martinez once, and pulled Kemp on the 5th try.  Cost me about 6K gold and I'm going to call it a day there.
  • Options
    okay, just making sure hes an actual pull. all i want is him
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So two weeks in a row it’s impossible when I boost, no boost and I beat it easily, 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Yeah I've used a lot on 5-10 restarts today.  

I used EE who isn't the best but his boosts are constantly active and I have him maxed out.  

He's 815 overall, and Scherzer is a 464.  I don't know why they bother to have overall ratings because they clearly mean very little in matchups.  
  • Options
    0-last 7 **** u glu
  • Options
    im literally beating abbott to a pulp every time then Scherzer returns the favorUGH
  • Options
    2 martinez 1 cervelli, just give me a **** kemp. also why is cervelli single skill 495
  • Options
    im taking a break from this **** joke of a game. the chance i pull Kemp at least ONCE from these boxes is 65.7% but no kemp
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Kimbrel and Nola are giving me the hardest time.  Using Rizzo with skills at 16/16 and 80 gold boost on 5-10. I'm 2 for 3 so far.  Pulled JD and Kemp.
  • Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Still not one fast ball from max...%#@& you glu!!!
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
     First 2 cycles early today were pretty straightforward. I’m now 2/7 as I’m getting nuthin but curves from Scherzer vs Xmas Teddy, 16/16 skills, 80g boost. Getting to 5.10 is no issue. Got Jd who I already had and cvc Ted (think I have the set now lol). Taking a break coz it’s just a waste of time and gold boosts.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Got a third cycle.  That's one JD, one Kemp and one Cervelli.    I'm out of gold so going to try and get my club to 25M now for the gold bonus.

End 3 for 7 against Scherzer using Rizzo.
  • Options
    woohoo77 said:
    Got a third cycle.  That's one JD, one Kemp and one Cervelli.    I'm out of gold so going to try and get my club to 25M now for the gold bonus.

End 3 for 7 against Scherzer using Rizzo.
    Wow, im like 4-25 today with Holiday Boggs
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    5 for me today. One 240 gold restart at the beginning and a few video restarts. Pulled Gagne first cycle so just played slow for fun after that and then pulled Ted, Kemp twice and Cervelli. Was going to keep playing if I pulled JD on that last cycle and get my club back into top 10, but didn't get him, so going to retire here for the day. For sure trickier today but willpower helped me avoid the restart death spiral! - maybe the pitcher skills are now randomly activating at certain at bats 😜

Anyone at gold level up Kemp?
  • Options
    benny100 said:
    5 for me today. One 240 gold restart at the beginning and a few video restarts. Pulled Gagne first cycle so just played slow for fun after that and then pulled Ted, Kemp twice and Cervelli. Was going to keep playing if I pulled JD on that last cycle and get my club back into top 10, but didn't get him, so going to retire here for the day. For sure trickier today but willpower helped me avoid the restart death spiral! - maybe the pitcher skills are now randomly activating at certain at bats 😜

Anyone at gold level up Kemp?

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Went 3 for 5 today against Max with Harper. Ended up with 1 of each of the 30% players, getting Kemp last. He looks so pretty. He will be in diamond soon 
  • Options
    Since we are talking about rage restarts in this thread, I will add another plug for Diamond.  

When you were Silver or Gold, and you rage restarted through 5,000 gold, it would wreck your whole day.  Many of us have been there.  

When you rage restart 5,000 gold at Diamond, you shrug and win another playoff series for 7,500 gold the next day.  It's glorious.  I couldn't afford to chase the players I wanted before.  Now I can chase them, get them, and call it quits early.