Options

You gotta be kidding me...

2Next

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    @Sandpipers very well said! I would guess that the overall odds would be close enough (with margin of error) to what's advertised. In the world of statistics and numbers, extremes and outliers do happen. 

There are some things I've come to notice over time though that could be issues with the RNG algorithm they're implemented, but the most concerning thing I've seen yet is the duplication of players like we'd discussed over the weekend. A lot of people are pulling many duplicates within a small range (ie, the several people just on this forum that reported getting 3 or more duplicates when opening only 10 boxes.

I also have come to believe that there is definitely a "mercy rule" in place. However, you must buy the boxes over and over without exiting for this to occur. This might be some crazy conspiracy theory, but I've noticed I will pull good players if I just hammer the box over and over. If I open a few, then exit out and come back and open only a few more later, then exit out and come back and open only a few more later... well, that's when I have seemed to experience the horrible 0 for 40, 50 or 60 (or 0 for 120 in GG Perez case).
  • Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Unbelievable...my quess is "do what you have to do" didn't mean that.
  • Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I think something that doesn't help is all the times that someone posts a screen shot of their amazing pull. Makes it seem like it happens all the time. Not saying we should stop doing that but it's something to mention.

It's the same way the lottery works. We ALWAYS hear the stories of the occasional winner. Make a big deal of it. Never hear about the millions of people who play and lose.

I have probably won WOH 100 times by now and have done pretty crappy on the boxes. At this point I go into it with that expectation so I'm not AS disappointed. My personal choice is that I won't compound the issue by actually giving Glu real money or gold just so they can shaft me even more and affect me beyond the game.

As they say in Vegas, only gamble what you're willing to lose.
  • Options
    I have probably won WOH 100 times by now and have done pretty crappy on the boxes. 

I have 275 cycles since Black Friday now and haven't gotten a top 2 player out of the box.
  • Options
    I have probably won WOH 100 times by now and have done pretty crappy on the boxes. 

I have 275 cycles since Black Friday now and haven't gotten a top 2 player out of the box.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I opened the Odor achievement box today and got Odor. It’s not the first time something like that has happened. On the other hand I opened a bunch of Comeback boxes over the weekend and got Bautista 3 times.
  • Options
    AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Here is one that basically tops everything here. This is literally not a believable story...

Pulled 700 gold from my “Moment” pick today. That’s 3/1000. Watched video for a 2nd “Moment” pick... 700 gold again! That’s a 9 in a million shot. Their lazy algorithms giveth and they taketh away. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Aceseh said:
    Here is one that basically tops everything here. This is literally not a believable story...

Pulled 700 gold from my “Moment” pick today. That’s 3/1000. Watched video for a 2nd “Moment” pick... 700 gold again! That’s a 9 in a million shot. Their lazy algorithms giveth and they taketh away. 
    Nice to hear this side of the story even if it is once in a blue moon :)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Aceseh I'll be sure to remember this post the next time someone complains that they haven't hit the 700g in three years. 'Grats buddy. Everyone hates you now. haha JK man!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    besomeonebesomeone Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I had got Peterson and freese's the got them 3 more times each on over 40 boxes and that's all I got I wasnt a happy camper
  • Options
    TheRatchetSlayrTheRatchetSlayr Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    In regards to this dodgers weekend, I pulled Freese three times in 9 total boxes. 
    Back during the first rivalry box, I bought 7 boxes and pulled the same prime Correa (Houston vs Oakland version) four times, which I found ridiculous. I was actually somewhat annoyed with getting the so-called 1.5% in 4-7 boxes.