TSB 18 account for sale on ebay???

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
I remember back when I was in the video game business with brick & mortar stores we used to sell some hard to find imported titles on ebay and most major makers (Nintendo, Sony, Sega, etc...) had restrictions of selling Japanese import titles that were not available in the U.S. market and ebay would cancel those listings on their behalf. How is it that GLU is not doing anything about these ebay listings? I do pity the fool though that would pay $1K for a Diamond team with a 123K team strength and that is the worst rip-off that I have ever seen.

Shouldn't be hard for GLU to go after them if they are in fact interested in doing something about it. Start there and maybe they'll scare at least a few loaders of offering their services on other platforms and ruin the game for the rest of us.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Tap-Sports-Baseball-Mobile-Game-Account-DIAMOND-Level-2-MVP/273694811624?hash=item3fb97b65e8:g:4MQAAOSwCuBcX2uW:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    @Houmy That's too funny. In the related items there was a 78k Gold team for $1,300 which is even worse. A person could probably build that team in a couple of weeks for free.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    It's kinda funny they scribble out the name of the team. Between the team's record and the players there's plenty of information there for Glu to identify the team.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Is this stuff real? I see in global all the time ppl trying to sell accounts.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Is this stuff real? I see in global all the time ppl trying to sell accounts.
    Unfortunately it is real and the poor souls buying those teams will probably end up getting their teams jailed.

JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy That's too funny. In the related items there was a 78k Gold team for $1,300 which is even worse. A person could probably build that team in a couple of weeks for free.
    I would actually pay $300 more for the gold team as at least you would have a shot at WOH :neutral: 

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    @Houmy if your still in the business I have a working Intellivision system with about 40 games.  Could be yours for a couple mountains!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    @whynot I wish buddy. Loved it but had to close our stores when gamestops and all those other chains came around and just killed our business. The only old school system I have is the VIC64 below which was my own when I was a kid (YES I am an old soul)

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    @Houmy lol, don’t old soul me!  I had the original video game, JUST PONG!  One game and one game only baby!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    @whynot had that too and vaguely remember it having a switch to select from a few different versions of pong. Upgraded to the 2600 after that, then the VIC64 followed by the Amiga 500. So wish I had kept some of the old stuff growing up. Especially my Battlestar Galactica Cylon with the rotating red eye.

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @Houmy Ever play "Hardball" as a kid?
    edited February 2019
    @LudwigMonster I am afraid not. My favorite game was Super Baseball 2020 on the NeoGeo. Kind of feel like ordering a new Raspberry Pi 3 to play it again.

https://youtu.be/9oWCSCpbU4c

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I had to buy a sound blaster pro with a cd rom drive just to play this on my 386. Cost me about $120 in 1992. Worth it.  
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Ooh they’ve dropped it down to a thousand bucks! With free local pickup! Why hasn’t ANYBODY bid yet? 🤔
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I do have a drunk ebay story (from last night) I collect old beer signs and I was in a bidding war, I meant to bid $100...in my drunken state and im a fast clicker (see my 243 bonus games played yesterday) I bid $1000 on the sign and ended up winning it...for only $202 Mind you but...ugh, I did reach out to the seller and explained that vodka bid on that and it wasn't all me..

She relisted it.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

My favorite baseball game as a kid - 

A close second -

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    And this...

@LudwigMonster yeahup!! Had that one too. 

Also this...

• Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Loved these games. Especially Triple Play. The legend team was fun/funny to play with. 

Also funny glitch on this game was Derek Lee was somehow faster than Ricky Henderson. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I have a 174K strength Diamond team.  If someone wants to give me $1,000 for it I am out and will see you in 2019.  :)
  • BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    No one is bidding on these accounts. They probably wouldn't even sell for $50.
  • micahmoffjr07micahmoffjr07 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I think it actually is a good buy bc if your vip you can carry your team into 2019