Options

Woh Royale for 1-27-19: Green again? 90%ers?

13Next

Comments

• Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Cycling was rough, cycled 3 times - Trout x3
  • Options
    AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    That WWE video was a nice increase in difficulty from Glu. Especially interesting how when I got the same video while watching them for the free achievement box it had no issue. But rest assured the development team has been informed and they are all over it. I swear I get significantly better customer service from my cable company.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    How much skill boost do you guys have on Jed? 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    It's funny to me how they created this switch-hitting, double-WOH skilled, 525 max monster of a walk off hero beast and 2 weeks later he's no longer even viable to use for winning the event. 

LOL they're moving the goal posts a little too hastily this late in the game, I think.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It's funny to me how they created this switch-hitting, double-WOH skilled, 525 max monster of a walk off hero beast and 2 weeks later he's no longer even viable to use for winning the event. 

LOL they're moving the goal posts a little too hastily this late in the game, I think.
    I'm a few days away from getting Jedd to Diamond 10 with fully maxed out 20/20 skills.  If that isn't enough to beat 5-10 relatively consistently than I give up.  

It's just not viable to get every new top flavor maxed out when you're Diamond, and it takes time.  

With that said I was 1 for 2 with Jedd yesterday on 5-10 at D6 and 16/20, so I have to think he'd be awfully good at 10 and 20/20.  But maybe I just got lucky.  
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Jed has been my closer since I leveled him, max 525, 20/20 skills and the 80g boost puts him to 863 I believe. That figure gets me the cycle at about a 60% clip. The 3 events I have had him maxed I cycled 18, 13, & 13 times. The box pulls are another story, but with all I invested in him, he better have a solid success rate. 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Jed has been my closer since I leveled him, max 525, 20/20 skills and the 80g boost puts him to 863 I believe. That figure gets me the cycle at about a 60% clip. The 3 events I have had him maxed I cycled 18, 13, & 13 times. The box pulls are another story, but with all I invested in him, he better have a solid success rate. 
    Thanks for those figures.  I'm good with 60%.  Anything over 50/50 gives me a good shot especially with video boost and will save me a ton of gold on continues.

I've been probably 25% with EE who is 815 under the same circumstances and lacks the platoon advantage usually on 5-10.
  • Options
    Holiday Ted is actually starting to struggle quite a bit on 5.10 lately. With his hit rating being much higher than his power rating, he tends to hit mostly singles with a few doubles mixed in. Hitting a HR with him on 5.10 these days is pretty rare.
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I have given up using jed at 5.10. He did just fine at 5.8. BF Harper with skills at 17/17 has won a lot more of the time for me. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went 3-15 with a D6 Jed, I had him at 16/14 to start and it took me 8 tries to win, I got enough lxp to boost him to 16/16 after that one and then he went 2-7 after that, I have enough blue to push him to D7 after I finish another 1000 wins, which will get his base hit and power over the 500 threshold which should give him a little better chance imo. In my experience when my players have pushed over that threshold they’ve performed better getting more hits and more doubles.  He homered off Gagne yesterday to win 5.9 he just couldn’t get enough doubles yesterday to win more often I would have had maybe 2 or 3 more wins with even an extra double or two instead of a single.
  • Options
    I have a feeling Phillies Harper is going to be 545 when they release him with two skills for WOH.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited March 2019
    At that special discounted price lol.... which I’m sure if there I’ll be thinking about it.... I need help
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It's funny to me how they created this switch-hitting, double-WOH skilled, 525 max monster of a walk off hero beast and 2 weeks later he's no longer even viable to use for winning , gold the event. 

LOL they're moving the goal posts a little too hastily this late in the game,
    Lowrie never was  a closer.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Lowrie can be a closer, albeit 2nd tier, in diamond. I agree, however, he's best suited for 5.7-5.9 in all other tiers.

@JEDDDOGGY Where do you have his skills? My friends, who have Ted capped and 20/20, are still absolutely crushing.,
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB he is capped and skills at 20/20. He still does well, just not like he used to. If I had to guess I would say he still wins more than 50 percent of the time on 5.10 overall, but there are definitely times I'll lose 3-4 times in a row with him just because I can't string enough hits together due to him not hitting HRs on 5.10 anymore.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Mine is at 17/17 and he really struggled against Blue on monday.  I didnt play a ton of WOH of wednesday but used him against John on 5.8 and he didnt lose there.  Not a huge sample but makes me think his ceiling might be the 5.8 round and anything above that isnt guaranteed.
  • Options
    AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Interested to hear if anyone has thoughts on whether a capped S Green is good enough to be considered a closer. 
  • Options
    @AIC_76 Based on his ratings, I consider Green to currently be the best bat vs rightys in WoH. 

Regarding, Jed, I have him at d10 and 20/20. I video boost with him at 5.9 and he did really well. If I had to guess, he was 75-80% successful. 

@JEDDDOGGY I assume you have all the WoH related upgrades at level 84. How are your pennants for the redsox? Maybe you just had bad luck with rng. Either way, I think Ted will continue to be a monster for awhile. The pitchers don't appear to be getting much better and recent additions, such a Doc, usually get a few events before they move on to a new pitcher. 
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    AIC_76 said:
    Interested to hear if anyone has thoughts on whether a capped S Green is good enough to be considered a closer. 
    I played around a little bit on Monday and Wednesday and had about the same success rate (about 75%) with Green, Holiday Ted and Lowrie. Didn’t seem to matter wether I used 80 gold boost or video boost. All their skills are at 15/15. Only time Green couldn’t get it done was when Glu cranks up the curves for a few hours in the middle of the day. 
  • Options
    Someone here on Monday was saying that 5-10 was easy with Green. Sure enough on Wednesday I saw people on global chat reporting that  they were worse than 0 for 10 on 5-10 with him.  Some were saying Jed was working for them. I have him capped in gold with skills currently 8+8 and he went 1 for 3 against Gagne. Perhaps he’ll do better with skills up higher though avideo boost on top made no difference because the one win came when I didn’t use it. So far for me Jed is a stronger RHB. Much like in real life the switch hitters in the game seem to be significantly better from one side of the plate.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Im curious if people tried Green against lefties.  I'm not as big of a believer in platoon advantage as most.  I used LL Trout as a 5.10 against righties for about two months.  I guess maybe the situation hasnt come up to use Green there yet, just curious if he was successful there.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    What's the chances we see the new 535 max Jenkins this week at 5.10? That would be the highest strength so far I think - right?
  • Options
    @benny100 he would be the highest overall we've seen, but all the pitchers this weekend have 'stuff' that is significantly lower than both doc and max. We'll be okay. 😁
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Noticed they played around with Banks since the beginning of event - now he is 540! I think he was 535 at first release and a LH and RH skill. Now he has a cvc skill.

Anyway - 540 might mean a final ATG boost lol! 
  • Options
    @DFBB haven't gotten hitting upgrades (team upgrades) that high just yet, so maybe that will make a significant difference. I don't think 50-60 percent is necessarily a "bad" win rate at 5.10 but was just saying it has fallen off significantly since we were facing 510 guys instead of 525-530 guys.

Also, what's this about stuff rating? Are we just guessing that is the rating that matters most or is it something that's been confirmed somehow?
  • Options
    I'd def get the hitting upgrades to 84 asap(2500 gold after that). It's been my observation that pitches are determined by a pitcher's 'stuff' rating vs a batter's 'hit' rating. There isn't anything concrete to support it, just something I've observed and a belief I've had that's served me well. Things like that are why I enjoy TSB so much. If everything in the game was black/white, everyone would run the exact same team, batters, etc. While we have many of the same players, most of us are invested in different ways because we don't all agree on what works and doesn't work. To me, that's what makes the game fun!