Options

The (not very) definitive guide to choosing a "keeper".

2Next

Comments

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Totally agree. 
    And add to that the fact that for the first 2-3 months they will be the only players with at least 1 skill. Once the first wave of 1-skill players appears, keepers will still be the only players with 2 skills for another 2-3 months. Always having an advantage.
  • Options
    alien75alien75 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    So with all that said, if you had to take 2 .I'm pretty new
  • Options
    CaptJackCaptJack Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    edited March 2019
    PhillyPhan87 said: 
    I have a question, you said your Keepers aren't your top players anymore (because you haven't maxed them) but are they still your top Max Overalls? Because if I bring over some 535-540 max players and they max around 324, wouldn't they be better than anything currently available in the game? With the added bonus that their max will actually INCREASE over time where as I would have to constantly replace the other players?

Yep.  My Boggs is currently max 318 (Lowrie @315) and will increase at some point during the year.  My top new batter is 304 (4 others @298) and 2x pitchers 300+ (305 & 300).  Those will not increase.  That's a definite plus for keepers. 

However XP doesn't flow like wine and keepers are never bonus players (but do qualify for the minimal team bonus pts - ie 1000pts/RBI or hit). 

Therefore, I have simply taken the strategy of always keeping enough XP on hand to cap a bonus player so that I can increase my clubs ranking and get as many rewards as possible during daily events.  I could either cap 8x bonus players at gold or take my two keeper batters from G1-10 for roughly the same XP.  I'm choosing the former which also speeds up the bonuses I will get from events. 

I enjoy the competition of club events and I chose a route that I beleive gives me a quicker path to helping my club succeed while also resulting in more bonus resources for me.  Yes, I could have stayed Silver but I have more fun at Gold+ and find it more exciting to get new players to see what they can do.  When I start to have extra XP (how often does that happen?) I'll reinvest it in the keepers.  By then, their value should increase and they will become relevant for me again.  Until then, they are no longer a part of my regular lineup. 

Everyone will have their own strategy.  Just thought I would share mine. 
  • Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    CaptJack said:
    PhillyPhan87 said: 
    I have a question, you said your Keepers aren't your top players anymore (because you haven't maxed them) but are they still your top Max Overalls? Because if I bring over some 535-540 max players and they max around 324, wouldn't they be better than anything currently available in the game? With the added bonus that their max will actually INCREASE over time where as I would have to constantly replace the other players?

Yep.  My Boggs is currently max 318 (Lowrie @315) and will increase at some point during the year.  My top new batter is 304 (4 others @298) and 2x pitchers 300+ (305 & 300).  Those will not increase.  That's a definite plus for keepers. 

However XP doesn't flow like wine and keepers are never bonus players (but do qualify for the minimal team bonus pts - ie 1000pts/RBI or hit). 

Therefore, I have simply taken the strategy of always keeping enough XP on hand to cap a bonus player so that I can increase my clubs ranking and get as many rewards as possible during daily events.  I could either cap 8x bonus players at gold or take my two keeper batters from G1-10 for roughly the same XP.  I'm choosing the former which also speeds up the bonuses I will get from events. 

I enjoy the competition of club events and I chose a route that I beleive gives me a quicker path to helping my club succeed while also resulting in more bonus resources for me.  Yes, I could have stayed Silver but I have more fun at Gold+ and find it more exciting to get new players to see what they can do.  When I start to have extra XP (how often does that happen?) I'll reinvest it in the keepers.  By then, their value should increase and they will become relevant for me again.  Until then, they are no longer a part of my regular lineup. 

Everyone will have their own strategy.  Just thought I would share mine. 
    Ok, fair. Bonus player points are a factor as well. Good call.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    CaptJackCaptJack Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    FYI, I just cycleded WOH using one of the new weekend bonus players (rated 295) and 80g boost.  My keepers hit 5.2 & 5.3.

• Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Good to know that going gold so quickly hasn't prevented you from cycling!  :)
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    CaptJack said:
    FYI, I just cycleded WOH using one of the new weekend bonus players (rated 295) and 80g boost.  My keepers hit 5.2 & 5.3.

Cool....now do that 10-15x twice a week and you’ll bring those keepers up to speed!
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I also cycled for my 2nd time.   I AM using my keepers for 5.8 and 5.9 and my legend for 5.10.  
       It took 3 attempts to bet 5.10 with my legend.   
       I will post my lineup that got er done with little trouble @DFBB, @Houmy,   Y’all can tag any others that like the info updates!!
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

I did not need gold to cycle with this lineup but did use 80 gold boost on 5.10 just to make it easier!!      
         So I still believe keepers ARE a big deal for those who focus on woh.   But of course stay low levels until you can AFFORD To advance