Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Did I get scammed for my Viper?

PINTSIZEKILLAPINTSIZEKILLA Registered Users 23 Posts
I was in a lobby with my Viper which is a lvl. 1649. A guy said that he wanted to race for $7000 something. He challenges me, I put up the bet and then he raised me to pinks. If I backed out, I would've lost my money so I accepted. We were both driving Viper GTS's. He then ran a 9.3 second quarter mile. From what I can find, no car with a rating of 1649 or below can run a 9.3 quarter mile. Am I correct on this? Did I legitamitely get beaten or was his car way faster than it should be? I only have three cars and about $90k, so this is a big loss for me. I'm not rich and I'm not like those people who have millions of dollars and 30+ cars.

Comments

• Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    Yes, you did accept a pinks race and in turn ended up losing. Sometimes backing out of a pinks race and losing the cash is worth it.
  • Options
    kruller1kruller1 Registered Users 184 Posts
    A lot of people do. Same thing happened to me a month ago. Use it as a learning experience. If you're not sure check their garage.
  • Options
    kruller1 wrote: »
    A lot of people do. Same thing happened to me a month ago. Use it as a learning experience. If you're not sure check their garage.
    I did, but that doesn't show the car rating. All I could tell was that his car made more power than mine, but it also weighed more. It shouldn't have to be a learning experience because it's not something that should happen.
  • Options
    [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Moderators 556 Posts
    Don't look at the rating on a car. If you can't beat the fastest that car can go you have a chance to lose. That is the whole point of pink slip races. If you knew you were going to win why would the other person even race.
  • Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sage;n103522]Don't look at the rating on a car. If you can't beat the fastest that car can go you have a chance to lose. That is the whole point of pink slip races. If you knew you were going to win why would the other person even race.[/QUOTE] We ran once before and he was about a tenth of a second slower than me. When we ran for pinks, I figured that if we both used boost and I got a perfect to near perfect run, I would get him. I didn't know that he was sandbagging and was actually using a car that was faster than the game (should have) allowed in that lobby. The point I'm trying to make is not that I'm a whiny bitch and I can't accept a loss. The point is that I lost because the game let this guy race his car in a lobby in which the car was too fast for. A problem this game has had for a very long time which I thought was fixed, but obviously isn't. I would not have made this post if I had lost my car in a fair race. I have a problem when I lose my car because the game lets my opponent have an unfair advantage against me as well as anyone else in that lobby that he may have raced.
  • Options
    red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    I think cie should post car ratings In reqular lobby's again or stop the join friends option. It is getting annoying I'm in a maxed civic track and all there is in there are 9.00s or faster cars. N maybe a few other d class cars.
  • Options
    JdmlowkieJdmlowkie Registered Users 1,200 Posts
    Okay when racing for pinks you as a racer are taking the risk of losing your car, people join there friends to race with there friends or race with rookies as the guy you mention did, if you saw he was pushing way more power then you then come man it's comman sense no offense, sometimes when I'm making deals with players there in d class or something like that, then random players challange me and seeing me in a faster car they still click on me I raise to pinks to scare them away, but sadly most accept it and lose so my point is common sense do some digging around the forums and you'll find the maxed ratings for cars, when judging a car always judge them like there maxed, like the game says "never underestimate another racer's car" and that's it my friend.
  • Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    I only have three cars and about $90k, so this is a big loss for me. I'm not rich and I'm not like those people who have millions of dollars and 30+ cars.

No one has that many. That's just crazy!
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Here are somethings to think about when doing high stakes races:

Your opponent thinks they are going to win.

Of course they do, why would they race you? Time and time again, people come to us with, "They were in a X car, I should have easily beat him, which is why I pinked him!"
    Why would your opponent accept a pink slip race if it was obvious he was going to lose? There are NO sure things.

Assume everyone is out to get you

Meaning, this is a multiplayer game where you race each other. People will do what they can to assure a win, including hustling. Thats a classic. Pretend you are bad at something, then when stakes are on the line show your true prowess and win! Nothing new, especially in things where you take a gamble

If its too good to be true, it probably is

Seriously, this. This a lot.

That of course doesn't mean, don't trust anyone, but also don't assume everyone will always be upfront with you. Make friends, talk to other players, get to know who you can probably trust and don't do things that cause you doubt. And remember, when you gamble, there is always a high risk of losing, make sure you want to take that risk, which is again, part of the game. The risk of losing and the potential for winning!

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Crazy KellsCrazy Kells Registered Users 126 Posts
    I don't run for pinks in regular lobbies anymore, use turf. Also a red flag that they are sandbagging is when you beat them by a long shot and pink you on the next run. Sorry to to hear this happened to you, truth is people who can't win in their own lobbies are going to cheat.
  • Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    Please make sure that when you post use an appropriate language. There are kids who play this game. Closing thread since main point was covered. Thanks !
This discussion has been closed.