Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

TRADE. We Demand Trade. Developers you have 24 hours to respond.

Baron NesrBaron Nesr Registered Users 178 Posts
A message to the developers of Racing Rivals,

I've been scammed four times. In four very different ways. The thing is I'm not alone, I don't have a single friend on my entire friends list of 173 people who hasn't been scammed at least once or twice playing this game. Trading is not supported, and it is simply because Cie/Glu wants to make money off of our misfortune. This underground / semi-supported trading is bull sh*t. I want to see a trade feature in this game or I have no interest in playing this game. Maybe I just take getting scammed to personally, but there is nothing good about watching someone walk away with the car you've spent so long working for. If any of you agree with me who read this. Put a REAL vouch underneath this post. If we don't get a response in 24 hours I'm walking out the door and I dare some of you who have been scammed to walk out with me.

Link to strawpoll vote: http://strawpoll.me/2583628/r

If you have any posts or images of you getting scammed post them underneath. I want all the racing rivals developers to see what we have lost because they want to make some extra money by keeping this community from trading together and letting scammers run rampant.

-- Baron Nesr

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Let's be clear here. We aren't letting scammers run rampant. We've said time and time again that we don't support trading so if you choose to do so, you do so at your own risk.

The reason we don't support trading is simply because there is no mechanic for it. It's not as simple as you may think. There are lots of things to consider. We would have to build up a whole new mechanic to the game. We would need to make sure the system was safe for all involved and there may be license issues. It would be a major feature so it would require time to build.

That being said, it's something we have and are considering.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Also please don't create the same topic in every single section of the forums (especially if you just copy and paste the exact same demands and write the forum section name at the bottom) it belongs in this section only. Any other spam topics will be deleted again and you'll receive a warning/infraction
  • Options
    SS BLAZESS BLAZE Registered Users 10 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n1043620]Let's be clear here. We aren't letting scammers run rampant. We've said time and time again that we don't support trading so if you choose to do so, you do so at your own risk.

The reason we don't support trading is simply because there is no mechanic for it. It's not as simple as you may think. There are lots of things to consider. We would have to build up a whole new mechanic to the game. We would need to make sure the system was safe for all involved and there may be license issues. It would be a major feature so it would require time to build.

That being said, it's something we have and are considering.[/QUOTE]

as a player and a junior Dev I get both sides of this coin, I've been scammed a couple of times myself and it does hurt, but I believe your both right, something does need to be done, but It would take a major overhaul, you would basically have to code a new level to accomplish this, which is no small feat, however my comment to you Ryyst is this.

I would think that the time spent to code such a feature would be far out weighted by the amount of time your team has to spend, requoting that trades are not a supported feature, as well as fielding the support emails you get because someone has been scammed, I would think a "simple" (we both know its not) trade or sell track that checks with both parties for what they have agreed upon and if they match,(comparing strings and int's) the deal is made if not, the deal is dead. Licensing shouldn't be an issue either, I think if it were you would not be able to include the pink slip races as licenses change hands all day everyday and it is not an issue, this is no different. In fact there is no way your partners can claim it as different, as the easiest way to implement these functions is to leave your system for pinks And cash intact, and simply (again we both know its not) add the necessary coding to handle the deal comparison check, as well as the combination of a pink slip race, and cash race ending in the intended manner. I would love to see this feature as I think almost all players would, I am however not DEMANDING that you guys pull this feature out of the air within 24 hours, as my very minor experience at coding tells me its not possible. I'm sure the game as it is has probably well over 400,000 lines of code, and this feature alone would probably take an additional 50-100,000 lines of code. Definitely not something done in a days time.

• Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    As much as I would like having somewhere to trade easily (As I have been scammed countless times) I know this game wasn't made to buy, sell and trade cars it was meant to be a online drag racing game. Enough said
  • Options
    Joej317Joej317 Registered Users 160 Posts
    It clearly says trade at your own risk man. I have been scammed a few times but it's not the games fault. It's my fault for trusting a shady racer. Just from now on when you trade only do to if you go first.
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses, I do appreciate the responses from all of the player moderators and Ryyst, and I especially appreciate the responses from players. I did not mean to give any of you a great deal trouble, but I do realize that I have and I am sorry for that, but it was also the only way I could get your attention. I hope you will at least consider adding a trade system to the game, in my opinion it would make it more realistic (I have never seen a drag racer hand over the pink slip to his car and watch another racer drive away with two cars, its not even possible). I hope you all have a good day, and I doubt I will ever post 5 near identical posts on the forums within a few seconds of each other ;)
  • Options
    kylerigginskyleriggins Registered Users 254 Posts
    BARON: im sorry to say, and it really is a darn shame (because the game is so awesome, and hard to beat) but the devs will NEVER fix this game the RIGHT way because RIGHT will make them loose money, like you said, they make money off it, dont beleive ryyst's BS about not supporting, they dont support purposely, and scam just as much as the players do, just in a "legal" more subliminal way... so needless to say, im leaving, and i suggest you stop playing and supporting these greedy lazy devs
  • Options
    Economically, it would not make them loose money to fix it "right" as you say. One of the most important procedures for any business whether it be McDonalds or Racing Rivals is to provide your users, customers with a product or service they enjoy so that you can keep client retainage as high as possible, return customers are more important to any business than the occasional newcomer who uses your product or service because they have a coupon, or an immediate one time need or desire. Return customers provide more benefits than any other type of customer, 1 they are more likely to continue to spend money with you, and in greater numbers than a coupon toting consumer who wants a product at the cheapest possible price they can find it. 2 the more satisfied return customers you have the more attention from new prospective customers you get. 3 return customers are more likely to recommend your product or service not only to friends and family, but even to people they have daily interactions with. 4 return customers allow you to cut your advertising budget for all of the reasons above. 5 return customers allow companies to have a more stable projection for everything from their budget to projected sales. Saying that it would hurt them financially to fix it "right" is looking at the small picture, not the grand scheme that businesses look at. Return customers also help a business to dampen the negative response they get about their product or service, because every business no matter how well set up, will not fit every single persons expectations. There are literally some peoe you cannot please no matter what you offer as a product or solution to remedy their feeling of unhappiness with your product. So if you want to look at the small picture, sure creating the option to sell and trade securely might put a small damper on their immediate cash flow, but in the grand scheme of things it would add to their companies future revenue and overall value to their users, and create more incentive for their customers, users to continue to use their product and continue to spend their money here instead of elsewhere. On the note of not being able to compare this to real life, I slightly disagree, it seems as though the though and attention to detail already placed in the game suggests that a real life comparison was intended by the developers otherwise, the details like paying attention to your horsepower to weight ratio the amount of damage a part causes to your engine, and even the fact that nitrous doesn't just add the amount of damage it shows just because you have it installed, if you don't use it your engine doesn't suffer that additional damage. Also the fact that each car has its own specific perfect launching RPM and their own specific RPM for perfect shifts, shows that the developers did not want to create a generic game that could simply be mastered once you found the right method but instead created a game where each vehicle had a uniqueness in its tuning and racing abilities, weaknesses and experience. I would say the comparison to real life with this game has already been made, and I too as most of the other players I associate with would also like to see this feature come to fruition. But as stated before, I don't think it will be overnight, and I am for one willing to wait, as well as confident in the developers ability to not only see the potential of this feature as well as the added customer satisfaction and value, such a feature could bring to this already great game.
  • Options
    Also @Rysst if your team of developers is toying with this idea, and still just aren't quite sure you want to go there, one great way for you to make the final decision is to post a players petition and notify us in game the way you do when you have a car on sale, or the way you get us primed for the upcoming turf events, and let the players voice their opinions. If you get enough of a response, then you may decide it is in the best interest of the game for longevity of player retainage to find a way to implement this feature, I do agree that your most economical way to do so would be to make it an addition to the raise bet options list, then its a matter of calling a method if that function is chosen, to nullify who won or lost in a race. Instead of an additional 100k lines of code like I originally estimated in my previous post I would think you may be able to do it with an additional 10-30k lines of code. Something much easier to stomach to not only your developers, but also to the size of the game. Probably only around an additional 500kb of data instead of several MBS.
  • Options
    Added a strawpoll vote http://strawpoll.me/2583628