Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Well UP YOURS CIE <-- notice the Caps

ImmortalRacingImmortalRacing Registered Users 121 Posts
This is the response i got from CIE about my DNF DQ LOSS OF CARS ETC ETC during this last week.

Hello, Thank you for contacting Racing Rivals Support! The DNF exploit was a very specific exploit used during a very specific time. When we find an exploit we acknowledged it. However, when you get a DNF or a DQ, that does not mean that it was an exploit. You can get a DNF and DQ for the reasons listed below. DNFs usually occur when your device loses connection during a race. Disqualifications occur automatically by our system when it detects an issue with a car being used. Could be anything from missing parts to it being too light, running a time that car should not be able to hit, losing connection during the race, etc. After investigating this, we've discovered that your game client (your phone or tablet) sometimes gets into a state where it loses communication with our servers and your opponent in such a way, that the race still goes on while you are treated as DNF. When this occurs you incur engine damage on the server, but since the client (your device) doesn't know you incurred damage, it allows you to run faster than if you had the damage. We validate your times on our servers to prevent cheating, and since your time is faster than what our server calculates you get disqualified. We looked at the logs and estimated this issue to occur for 0.0026 or 0.26% or all races. These can be mitigated if you re-log into the game when you see yourself approaching the critical 500 engine damage mark to make sure that the client and server are in sync regarding the engine damage. Another source of DQs occurs when data being transmitted between the client and server fails the validation process we have set up. This will cause a DQ and the occurrence has been limited to 0.003436 of races or 0.34% of races. We are still investigating exactly how this happens so we don't yet have any suggestions for preventing it. Unfortunately we are unable to reimburse any coins or cars lost due to dnfs or DQs. While we do our best to make sure our servers are running optimally, sometimes latency and connection issues can be caused by a variety or reasons outside of our control. From our data, our servers haven't really had any problems. We also understand that players will always claim that their personal networks are the best of the best. That may be, but between a device and our servers lies a whole planet's worth of areas where issues can arise that are out of our control and the players control. Package data loss, network bandwith, school network firewalls, and any number of computers that your data is being routed through can affect your connection to our servers. Unfortunately, if our servers do not receive your race results from your device, you can get a DNF or DQ result, and at this time, that means an automatic loss, and losses for whatever reason are non-reversable. Here are some suggestions to help reduce latency on your end. 1. Reduce the number of Applications running on your iDevice 2. Try and play from a spot where your signal is strongest 3. Reduce location movement (i.e. Walking around, playing while in a moving vehicle) 4. Make sure the antenna on your device is unobstructed 5. Make sure you are using the latest version of the App (Updates can be made through the app store) 6. Try closing the Racing Rivals app down completely and then restart launch it 7. Make sure your iOS is up to date (Settings > General > Software Update) 8. Make sure your date, time and time zone are correct on your device (Settings > General > Date&Time) 9. Check your device restrictions (Settings > General > Restrictions) 10. Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on 11. Try resetting (turn off and on) your wireless router We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Regards, Racing Rivals Support

Comments

• Options
    CMAAAANCMAAAAN Registered Users 29 Posts
    Ohh they have a answer for EVERYTHING lmao, its no use bro try been BANNED and not even getting a response, been 12 days and counting so far, I've emailed them off THREE different email addresses so they cant push me to the back if queue they just DONT CARE!
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    We are updating the DQ system within the next week, next on the list is optimizing DNF's
  • Options
    cool foxx i hope you oft this out! thanks for the help ;)
  • Options
    hi FOXX, jus treplieing, my email says they rant giving back any cars for the DQ but i know two people who have got cars back. WHY do i miss out now> when i emailed proof of what i lost as well… i want my compensation.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    alright immortal send me another pm with the full list and we can go over it. I have your info here somewhere *searches through papers*