Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Turf Wars Forfeit Option

Trini_Tuner_868Trini_Tuner_868 Registered Users 580 Posts
I noticed that one of the major upsets is the unavailability of a constant forfeit option. I'm sure there are others like myself, who choose not to race particular individuals, since I already know he/she is too fast for me. Having a constant forfeit option will help in some ways: -No downtime due to expiring timer -No unnecessary Engine Stress from racing a "no contest" I barely have to resort to running timer down, but for the odd few players who have faster cars, then I do. The strange thing is however, I've actually seen the forfeit option already...but there's no consistency with it. At most 2/10 times you get the option to forfeit. It's not a really big deal to me, but to implement said option above will make the turfing experience more fast paced and have a sense of less 'speed bumps' My 2 cents and food for thought..

Comments

• Options
    gypsyshowdowngypsyshowdown Registered Users 344 Posts
    I agree..but for cie it's good for business
  • Options
    Trilogy757Trilogy757 Registered Users 68 Posts
    I personally dislike the idea. If you scared to race somebody cause their noticeably faster than you...when they challenge you only thing you lose is cred and engine damage. Just race and get it over with
  • Options
    I'd say get a better tune if everybody is faster than you...obviously there are in a close proximity of your rating. When the primery goal is to get points do you think that giving a forfeit option for the victim to save "xx" is better than the person faster who wastes time with the challenges??? The more times you race somebody over the less points you get anyway so I doubt the persons who keep challenging you will KEEP on challenging you. The game itself is not broke if you are slower than anybody else and doesn't warrant a fix; your tune is broke and warrants a fix.
  • Options
    Trini_Tuner_868Trini_Tuner_868 Registered Users 580 Posts
    Ever heard the saying as well..? There's always someone faster out there no matter how fast you are?? Lol guess not
  • Options
    I understand where you coming from bro, the concept of it isn't "bad" it just doesn't make sense for the sake of turf in my opinion. Please don't take my disagreement as I don't understand as there are people I don't race- but most of the times I personally experience is someone challenging me two or three times. If someone is faster they are faster, you win some you lose some. I have lost plenty of cars and won around the same I lost.
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered Users 128 Posts
    all i have to say is i understand because not everyone uses gems to fix or run boost every race. & not everyone has a bunch of cars to run in turf.