Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Sage- Lag issues

BootyshockaBootyshocka Registered Users 75 Posts
Sage just a little more info on the lag issues. It appears to me that the lag is happening during Turf Wars. When turf Wars is going on I am un able to tap the throttle to maintain a good launch. I have also noticed lag with the timing of the lights. After turf Wars is complete, I am able to tap the throttle again to maintain a good launch and the lights are more consistent. The lag that I am talking about happens when the lights start to count down, u start tapping and it's like all the taps don't register and you can't make it into the green or it jumps over the green into the red. I know there is more then I e way to launch, and I do use other methods but there are some cars that tapping is better. I am using an iPad 4 on my home wifi with 30mb DL.

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Moderators 556 Posts
    I will have the network engineers double check our server stats. I had asked if they saw issues and they said no but I will have them double check the specific times for the turf wars tournament.
  • Options
    AydinAydin Registered Users 49 Posts
    No? Arw you crazy .. No issues ... U guyz are gettinggg bad feed backs in app reviews if you go look ... Complaining abt lag and bugs . Losing costumers ... Lmfao
  • Options
    AydinAydin Registered Users 49 Posts
    As much as i love this game its getting too laggy and bugssss.
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    It is very laggy during launch in turf. Ask anyone in a room. I jut don't pink and wait until turf blows over.
  • Options
    myturbomyturbo Registered Users 41 Posts
    Turf brings insanly bad lagg! . I have DQ/DNF screenshots for days!
  • Options
    ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    myturbo wrote: »
    Turf brings insanly bad lagg! . I have DQ/DNF screenshots for days!

Yep, I stopped racing tonight after losing too many races because of it.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    While we do what we can to make sure our servers are running optimally and we are constantly working on making the game runs smoothly in all situations there are issues that can cause lag that are outside our control.

Bandwidth, throughput and latency areas we do not have total control over. While a device may have a strong connection to your network, it doesn't necessarily mean that there are no other issues that can occur elsewhere.

Here are some things to try:

You may want to try force closing the app.

For iOS 7

1. Exit the application to the home screen
    2. Double click the "home" (the circular button) button
    3. Swipe left or right to find the Racing Rivals App
    4. Swipe the App upwards
    5. Press the "home" button
    6. Relaunch the Racing Rivals application

For iOS 6 and older

1. Exit the application to the home screen
    2. Double click the "home" (the circular button) button
    3. Tap and hold on the Racing Rivals application on the bottom of the screen until a red "-" circle appears on the icon
    4. Tap on the red "-" circle - The Racing Rivals Application should disappear from the bottom of the screen
    5. Press the "home" button
    6. Relaunch the Racing Rivals application

Signal strength alone is only an indicator of how strong the signal is between your device and the network you are on. After that your network bandwidth and speed can have various performance statuses depending on factors such as your location, network traffic in your area and how the resources of your device are being used.

Here are some suggestions to help reduce latency on your end.

1. Reduce the number of Applications running on your iDevice
    2. Try and play from a spot where your signal is strongest
    3. Reduce location movement (i.e. Walking around, playing while in a moving vehicle)
    4. Make sure the antenna on your device is unobstructed
    5. Make sure you are using the latest version of the App (Updates can be made through the app store)
    6. Try closing the Racing Rivals app down completely and then restart launch it
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    nixes288nixes288 Registered Users 247 Posts
    Cie needs to patch the lag switch hack. Secondary program being used in game.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    Can you provide me more detail nixes?
  • Options
    If I had the ability to rec races I could prove it with out a doubt. Mabee that's something u should add to the app
  • Options
    I will say this. During the Mazda event when I raced certain racers. My rx8 and 94 rx7 the throttle would stay stuck at the top like if I woulda rev a furai. Stayed up there for atleast 2 sec.