Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

60' time is useless. Need to replace.

aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
Hey, could the 60' time be replaced with rpm at launch?? If you can't tune sus or tire pressure. 60' time relies basically on power to weight. Which you can figure out without 60' time. But a launch rpm would help everyone with their launch. I mean at the track in real life you can have a throttle stop or trans-brake and set your launch rpm. Would deff help if you could see exactly what rpm you launched at. So you could do some real driver tuning. Just a thought. Will.
Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
Team: 9am michi

Comments

• Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    60 ft is to show if your shifting properly. You shift correctly and it says 1.15 then you shift way to early or late it becomes 1.17 plus.

What you want is in the RT. If you hit a high rt you let off the gas to soon. If the timed the gas release to late you'll spin. Do it right you get a .002 or better.
  • Options
    No rt tells me when I hit the launch button in relationship to the green light.. It needs to show what the rpms were when the launch button was pushed. As far shifting by the 60' time.... Well, most of my cars are direct shift into 2nd after nos at launch. By the time I hit 3rd I'm way past the 60' mark. And I'm looking at the tach anyway not the shift lights. Rpms would help drop launchers and feather launchers. IMO.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    60 feet time will appear on your time slip when you drag race at a track... Not sure where you're going with this. It's just a result. Not to help you drive...
  • Options
    I can understand that Kenny. But I thought but point of the game from the Dev. point of view was to get as many people playing as possable. Not cater to the "top tuners". I think a lot more people wouldn't give up on the game so fast. And it still takes skill and time to hone your preferred way to launch.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Yea 60ft time is key for me when lobby tuning, not a good idea
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    Yeah roest. I understand that. But that's mainly for setting shift points. In real life you can use a trans brake and tunenit to hold a specific rpm. And you have much better throttle control in a real car. Not just wide open and off. Like in the game. Find it funny how all the senior members that have posted are against it. Lol like its a big secret in a game on your phone. Lol it wouldn't lock you at an rpm it would only help you for your own tuning. It would still take skill to use the info correctly. I mean you can find vids all day about how to launch on YouTube. So why is it a big deal???
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    I don't like this idea I like the 60' time it's really useful.
  • Options
    OK, how is it useful? I mean you can't change the gear ratios in your tranny or rear end. So if you shift when you should your 60' time wouldn't really change all that much. Now if you knew how to get the perfect launch rpm and shift right your 60' time would improve drastically. I don't know, I guess I'm just old school and would really like to be able to know exactly what rpm I'm launching at. Kinda like in real life.