Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Better Game (few ideas)

SegSeg Registered Users 4 Posts
Hello everyone. I've been playing RR for a few days now and got the hang of it. Even for a arcade game some stuff just makes no sense or needs general improvements. So i have decided to write some things down to give ideas. First of all more cars. I played for about 2 days now and already got bored seeing same and same cars. Don't get me wrong, the existing ones are awesome, but there are many i have missed. I would really like to see more cars from manufacturers like Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Nissan, Audi (which is not even in game but probably one of the best if not the best manufacturer), BMW, Lexus, Alfa Romeo. In addition maybe more high-end exotics like Ferrari, Bugatti, Aston-Martin, Lamborghini. And don't forget the antiques either. Adding more cars would greatly increase Racing Rivals's potential and fun players have playing it. I understand this is highly unlikely to happen becouse its probably the hardest part to get em into the game. But still. This game definitely needs more cars. Second thing. 1/2, 1/4 mile drags. We definitely need a option to choose the lenght of the track. Since some cars are better at short sprints and have better acceleration, the other ones with more top speed would need longer distance. But all of this doesn't make sence becouse all of the vehicles in the game are the same. Even sounds the same. This is where i should mention the sounds. Did i just hear a civic and a charger sound the same ? I don't think a V8 should sound the same as civic with small 1.5 L engine ( i'm guessing it is the 1.5 becouse i couldn't find any Vtec there ). The mods like turbo should have a sound too. Not to mention blow off valves. For the upgrades. I just dont understand WHY there are so many of them. It's an arcade game for god's sake. Of course it adds more fun, but when some of them don't even do what they suppose to do .... it made me sad. To be more clear - suspension that does nothing ? Or the Differential that does more nothing? I mean a differential upgrades should be more than a little weight reduction ( this is where devs didnt read enough wiki, i assume ). And we should be able to uninstall parts too. At a cost of course. The engine swaps too. Who wouldn't love to fit a car to an engine. Other thingie that goes with engine swaps is drivetrain swaps ( or conversions maybe ). A FR-S with AWD ? Yes, please ! Next thing on my mind is the options button. And oh man i spent whole 30 mins trying to find it. So yes, there's nothing much to say, the game needs an options button. There would probably be the sounds, the social media connect buttons, a switch between IMPERIAL- METRIC SYSTEMS. Maybe something else that didn't come to my mind. The other important thing would be more aesthetics. It's an arcade so we need prettiness. More rims, more bodykits. A option to paint different bodyparts independently. A custom license plate ? Maybe different headlights like xenon, angel eyes for BMW or even coloured lights. Then we need to be able to drop our prettied-out cars and make them even more pretty by increasing wheel camber to a VIP level. This would be probably an overkill but it's an arcade game. Who cares about good traction. ( Tyre wear like engine stress? ) More game mechanics. Not those who upgrade your powerhouse by 15% but mechanics that would make high powered cars go wheelie. Yes ? Then the small stuff. Is it me or the gas pedal should be there at all times ? There goes another button to options menu - a manual/automatic acceleration. Manual would help a lot with launches. Too much RPM's at launch? Release the accelerator to drop them instead of automatically increasing them and burning rubber ( again tyre wear ). So basiclly i'm saying game needs some fixing here and there and it will be nearly perfect. I can't expect Racing Rivals to change it's orientation and go full on simulation instead of childish arcade. If anyone is reading at this point - thanks. My effort of tapping my ipad screen paid off. Let me know if these ideas are any good. IGN - Y U NO DRIFT Thank you, i'm out.

Comments

• Options
    If any mods could seperate paragraphs by space i would be grateful. (cant seem to edit on ipad)
  • Options
    FOX FOX FOXFOX FOX FOX Registered Users 1,039 Posts
    Hm, Bro Ok lets start.

1) Have u ever tried to develop an app? It's not that easy to addsomething - cars are most hard. Be patient and we will see.

2) 1/2 miles and 1/4 miles - This is cool, but think wisely. HOW THE ONLINE OPPONENT GONNA CHOSE IT? Or accepting someone, how would u know? BTW Drag is 1/4 mile and that's it. Of course we can add rooms, but this is rebuilding of a game + servers - too hard and usless. People gonna race mc Laren on 1/4 for sure.

3) Sounds. Totally agreed. But the game would weigh too much + still plenty of bugs, no need to hurry.

4) Most of mods is great and your statement about upgrade is bullshit, because IT'S NOT AN ARCADE - CSR - here we got arcade. Upgrades done not bad, still need something to rebuild but otherwise good. We CAN UNINSTALL parts as well. Idea of engine swap is crap - you tried topink someone? People gonna cheat on weak players with that for sure + have u ever seen engine swap in a car?

5) Strongly agreed about metric system and button!

6) Driveterrain swap? WTF? Listen to youself! U gonna install 4WD on Charger 70? LOL. Bad idea - that will make some cars too fast and easy to drive.

7) About Customisation.... Agreed with body kits/neons/lights. But License Plate? What? How u gonna see it in a game? On a preview? And this would be usless thing - noone would see it in a race.

8) Everyone cares about traction and tires - stop bullshitting. I agreed that whellie on Muscle cars would be fun.

9) What? GAS PEDAL? Try to race it with pedal on ipad. always kepping your finger in one place. Not really useful and enjoyable, isn't it? And try on iPhone? Crap... You speak about Launch. Where is the problem?? Get your finger out of the pedal or press rapidly. This part is done very good.

Overall bro, no offence, but try to think with your head, not an ass. First of all try to see game on different devices and u'll see how it's differ from iPad - I mean it's harder to play.
    It's not a simulation but nor an arcade.
  • Options
    BrewsyboyBrewsyboy Registered Users 59 Posts
    Ok here's my take on it for what it's worth, I love the concept of the game, pinks or money is a great concept for multiplayer and this is why this game has become so successful, another angle I would look in to would be along the lines of the game door slammers, which considering the very dated graphics and game play has what I would call a cult following, I could link you to numerous forums which have 1000's of pages just on the subject of that game, the reason being in my mind is because of the gear ratio tuning options foe eg if I go into a room and somebody pinks me in the same car or simular car, i rightly assumed they are maxed plus boosted, which is fair enough, but for me I would like a little bit more involvement in fiddling with the tune of my car to get the most out of it ie gear ratios, the reason being any fool can take a car max it then boost it, I'd like a more in depth angle to the game, and I'm sure this is the reason door slammers is so hugely popular, there's secrets where as in rr I just take it as my opponent is maxed and boosted or stupid to pink me.
  • Options
    FOX FOX FOXFOX FOX FOX Registered Users 1,039 Posts
    That's the speech of a great racer! But that would take a long time bro, unfortunatelly. I think we both would like the same:
    Cars are tuning, but u do not need to think - just tune to max. That's boring. I would like to have like ability to choose between max speed and the shortest time.
  • Options
    These are just fast ideas. No I didnt create any app but I'm aware that adding new content is hard. I have knowledge of modding games (like minecraft) . The other thing is in app store says it an arcade. In game it looks like a sim. When played enough it looks like arcade again. I have played a lot of racing games. Arcade and simulation. It's obvious to me. Also I have spent time in my garage(real one). I'm also a huge fan of motor-sports. I have a bit of knowledge about cars. Despite the realistic names of the mods, there's really nothing real-like. Don't get me totally wrong- I like this game very much. I just thought of some ideas that would make this game a lot more interesting to me. Like Brewsyboy mentioned the gear ratios would be fun to play with too .
  • Options
    BrewsyboyBrewsyboy Registered Users 59 Posts
    Another idea I was thinking, if they're not going to do a swap shop, I wouldn't mind becoming a neutral guy as a go between, the amount of people I've wanted to deal with, but couldn't because of trust issues is a lot, I'd put myself up as the swap shop guy!
  • Options
    Something new came to my mind : Ability to fine tune the engine. More acceleration at cost of top speed or more top speed. Maybe Turbo/Supercharger timing. Also for upgrades: Twin turbos or twin superchargers( they're rare but exists ). Drag tyres, semi race slicks. Wider/narrower wheels. A boost gauge would be great, becouse now it feels like turbo from supercharger differs only at power they're giving.
  • Options
    jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    K as I agree with all of you (brewsyboy and fox) this is what I have to say. First off guys dont need to rip seg another a hole like he said he just started so might not be completely aware of certain things.

Second off when they put in a new car it becomes a gem car for a reason seg. This reason is that to put the car in the game they need to buy the rights to the car and because they can't lose money to support their game they need to put it as a gem car first to make the money that they spent back. This is why there isn't hundreds of cars in the game. Every car cost tons of money and has to go through a process just to get to the point of the company seeing if they would even want to sell the rights of that car to the game.

Next item on the list, the 1/2 mile drag would be pretty pointless considering that by the end of the 1/4 mile, which is currently what we are running, basically all of the cars in the game whether you guys know it or not are pretty much topped out. Basically meaning that by the time you hit your 1/4 mile whoever is in front is going to win anyway so there is no point. If they were to change to that concept of a 1/2 mile drag though they would have to redo and retune all of the cars so that they topped out differently.

Now to the point of "maxing out" a car. Believe it or not Just because you have a car maxed out doesnt mean it's going to be the fastest. This is why there are 3 "pro" options. You are able to "fine tune" your car to make it run the best times it can. Some cars you run stress free so you never need to pay to repair it. Other cars you dont even need to put a stage one on because it runs faster without that part. Hence forth the whole idea of fine tuning a car and the excitement of the game.

​I do like the idea of customizations as far as paint and rims etc. You got to understand too that with rims it is just like the cars. They need permission to use the rights to brands of rims as well. I also like the idea of a custom license plate. It's not about seeing the plate though its about YOU seeing your plate in your garage and for people to see it in the lobby. Think about it. Why do people make custom plates for their cars in real life? No one pays attention to it. They do this because they want to see it.

Other than that I cant think of anything else. I have put in a suggestion for new classes and add ons to the campaign like a motorcycle and truck class. With the motorcycle class you would not only be able to customize your bike but your rider and his helmet as well. I do realize that this is way way way more work for them so I am not expecting this anytime soon... If that. lol but ya