Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Automated ban system sucks!

Galvin87Galvin87 Registered Users 10 Posts
Hello to everyone!
How i mentioned in the topic title ** the automated ban system sucks **. I have many friends who have been banned for what they do not know. Like i see, many players have been banned for making a lot of pink slips, moving cars around, retrieving accounts etc. But, unfortunately, many of us are banned for just playin' a lot, like campaign races or myltiplayer races. Whata crap????!!! I was banned (2 times in 2 months) for doing a lot of campaing races, cause in that days i didnt played multiplayer races! After all, i'm not doing pink slips cuz i know that my cars are not so good.In my entire 50lvl+ carier i've made like 4 or 5 pink splips. And after seding the tickets i got response:

"The account in question has triggered an automated ban that looks for an excessive number of pink slip wins in a short period of time. This trigger is in place to protect accounts from having all of their cars stolen from them and to protect newer players from being .....bla bla bla". I dont need such kind of "protection".

So, how the CIE can explain that? Why people are banned just because they play???

Comments

• Options
    racegeekracegeek Registered Users 2 Posts
    Bump for post. I was in that situation. Got banned by something like this "triggered automated ban ..... for many pink slips". I had to wait 2 weeks to get unbanned. Shame for CIE.
    This crap has to stop. Would be nice if admins will have the "pleasure" to give us some details about that!
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Whats to explain? We have automated systems to prevent exploits and for protecting the players. You say you don't need protection, that's fine.. .for you. That doesn't mean it doesn't help others and us.

We have an automated system for detecting too many pink slip races in a very very short amount of time. This is based on looking at top Turf Wars players and finding the average amount of pink slips won. We then set the number to something slightly higher than that. So if you are playing normally, you should not get banned. Trading cars is not considered normal game play.

We have an automated system for obtaining too much money in a very short amount of time. Again, this is to prevent exploits. If you play normally, you should never hit this. This is to catch money exploits.

We also have an automated system for detecting too many races in a very short amount of time. The number, which no, we will not divulge, is a lot... in a very very short time. Again, this is to prevent exploits, because if you are doing this many races in this short amount of time, things look fishy because its abnormal.

So no, this "Crap" won't stop. It's there for a reason,

So I'm sorry you somehow were caught by these twice.

Actually since you mentioned you were racing campaign races....

There are only 30 races. You would have to lose a lot to get caught by the automated system. When I say a lot, I don't mean like 40 or 50... I'm talking in the hundreds. So either... you are really really having a hard time beating one of our NPCs, or perhaps there is something else afoot here.

So yeah, if you provide your in-game name, I would be happy to divulge exactly what you were doing to get banned.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager