Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Any ipad users?

PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
My (old) ipad is back to crashing every time before it can load my garage.i may need to buy a new one soon. Any ipad users out there playing on a new ipad? Which ones work with this game and which don't. I'm not investing an arm and a leg for a new ipad only to find out I'm in the same boat as I currently am. I enjoy this game but it may be time to hang up my hat.

Comments

• Options
    evoraimportsevoraimports Registered Users 197 Posts
    my ipod 5g was fine yesterday but today it keeps crashing like what you said. lol.
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    iPad Air and iPad Air 2 work.

Anything that uses and software like the 4s iPhone and below will have issues.

Note. My iPad airs have crashed in race lobbies or sudden quick window changes but very little occur. I barley race on the iPad since the updates. The new layout is still to big on the paddle shifters and nos gas are to spread out. I miss the old layout.
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    iPad 3 works fine for me, but go for the model up, cus it can get a bit laggy at times
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    IPad mini is great- very rarely crashes
  • Options
    Da PeVDa PeV Registered Users 510 Posts
    I havent been able to load my garage for 3 days on my iPad 2 - Its a joke!!!!
  • Options
    nadjirlomangcolobnadjirlomangcolob Registered Users 131 Posts
    good thing about this guy PIGP3N is that he's not selfish.. good job man..
  • Options
    Mseat68Mseat68 Registered Users 40 Posts
    iPad air works great for me. I used to have a iPad 2 and experienced the same frustrating issues you speak of. Now, I very rarely crash, I get no orange bar of death, and the friends list loads SUPER fast!
  • Options
    GlipsGlips Registered Users 608 Posts
    I am on an iPad Mini on 7.0.4 jb and it is absolutely horrible. I mean horrible! I stick to playing on my 5s. I don't plan on updating my ios, so I don't know if that could be the problem, but I have given up on playing on my ipad.
  • Options
    1320 Champ1320 Champ Registered Users 224 Posts
    As of yesterday, my iPad2 has become almost useless for this game. Crashes continuously. My iPad Air (A7 chip), however, seems to work fine. I've also used my wife's iPad Mini (A5 chip) and it crashes occasionally. Since the iPad Air2 has been release, you should go with that one.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    FOr those using older Apple devices, these devices only have 512 mb of ram. Which places it on the low end of the spectrum of compatible devices.

So I would make sure when running Rivals, that any unnecessary apps are not running, and any features like bluetooth and gps are also not running. Basically, you want to make sure that your device is running with minimal things going on.

Also, check how much data is being used up by "other" in iTunes. You might have to backup your device and reset to get rid of the unneeded data being used in "other".
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Hey amigo,
    As u know im on iPad mini 2, works great:)
  • Options
    ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    IPad 4 here, it works well, but during turf if I am racing constantly it will close the app once in a while out of the blue. I'm not confident that it won't develop issues, as new updates seem to cause new issues NO MATTER WHAT DEVICE WE USE! What are we supposed to use for this game, Ryyst? Oh wait, I'll see if I can get my Cray Supercomputer hooked up to my data plan so I can play your game....
  • Options
    camshaft motor 341camshaft motor 341 Registered Users 580 Posts
    im using ipad mini with retina display i barely crash maybe once or twice a week during turf only