Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Hybrid Sports Cars... The future or not?

Mum5000Mum5000 Registered Users 52 Posts
A controversial topic which is great to be discussed amongst a community of car lovers. After watching the 2nd episode of the new top gear which featured the p1 I was wondering whether any of these cars are any good, if at all for anything. I know that having 900+hp is great but is it usable every day? Here's the 2 questions: 1.) is this technology going to be used more in the near future? 2.) Porsche 918, mclaren p1 or the laferrari?

Comments

• Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    1. Yes because for example, if a evo had this technology (at the original price of £30k) then it would be economical and fun as hell, and the car is practical. So basically yeah if they can implement it in every car (just less power than the P1 obviously) but if it's less than 40 mpg then the environmentalist nuts will moan it's not fuel efficient. But that's my opinion on them 2. I would go for the Ferrari for the sheer sound and beauty Ferrari has been able to produce for ages, I would go for the porsche 918 for the 70+ mpg and power awesomeness. And the P1 because it's beautiful and looks evil... I like that in a car lol. And the fact you can go hybrid when you want AND the hybrid works along the petrol to produce more power. So overall the P1 for me because I'm not so steady on facts of the other two
  • Options
    mikey pittzmikey pittz Registered Users 391 Posts
    Kingklutz wrote: »
    1. Yes because for example, if a evo had this technology (at the original price of £30k) then it would be economical and fun as hell, and the car is practical. So basically yeah if they can implement it in every car (just less power than the P1 obviously) but if it's less than 40 mpg then the environmentalist nuts will moan it's not fuel efficient. But that's my opinion on them 2. I would go for the Ferrari for the sheer sound and beauty Ferrari has been able to produce for ages, I would go for the porsche 918 for the 70+ mpg and power awesomeness. And the P1 because it's beautiful and looks evil... I like that in a car lol. And the fact you can go hybrid when you want AND the hybrid works along the petrol to produce more power. So overall the P1 for me because I'm not so steady on facts of the other two
    Well said!
  • Options
    Cyberkid28Cyberkid28 Registered Users 273 Posts
    I have no problem with hybrid sports super and hyper cars it's just the normal ones such as a Prius that try too hard. They end up looking like a chicken trying to lay an egg on a good day... The mclaren p1 is insane
  • Options
    Mum5000Mum5000 Registered Users 52 Posts
    I can't be bothered with these hybrid cars all u need is a 1200hp blown elco :)
  • Options
    ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    Hybrid cars are awesome!! LaFerrari for me please!!!! :D
  • Options
    67 blown nova67 blown nova Registered Users 1,033 Posts
    Sorry but I like to hear my cars. I also like to drive them as much as I want. Don't want to make it to the next city and get stuck because I need a charge. So hybrids and electric cars are just not for me!