Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Existing issues unresolved.

HazzlenuttHazzlenutt Registered Users 60 Posts
Hey all I'm am a bit skeptical on this whole new update! Concerned is more like it! I remember when Racing Rivals used to be the bomb diggitty to play. This was of course before their last update. Graphics may not have been as good but at least you didn't have to worry about the game crashing, gems being lost, cars missing, etc...every since the last rolled out update the game has not been anything but a damn nightmare. A freaking headache. Lots of folks have been dealing with issues. I'm still dealing with a issue that has not even been addressed. I did get the courtesy of a smart remark I made on a post and it said something like this ". From admin: this doesn't really pertain to this post but I will address it". So then I go through the same ole series of questions that I'm sure most of you have seen...what devise? What OS? And What version? I answered this right around a month ago and have yet to have the problem fixed or even been contacted with what might be going on or how I could resolve the issue . The PR work is well... Not even good enough to say anything about really. The just isn't really anything there. I've followed some suggestions that I have seen but no such luk. I'm still having the game crash on me right after ever 5 th race. Jnot inky that I'm still getting notifications to complete my campaign which I've done over a year ago....so I would think that the known issues should be fixed before applying another new update or at least work with those who are still having the issues. At least show the courtesy to contact those who still have the issues and let them know how to correct it or let them know the new update should fix it. Like I said it's been over a month they've had my info and nothing has changed.

Comments

• Options
    accoraccor Registered Users 116 Posts
    SG4 with new update cannot even ho on to race mode just as the car are getting ready to race just kicks me out of app.
    No error code
    Just app not responding.
    Some people say that you have to loose second race to play some say different things for me nothing works.
    Sucks
  • Options
    helistylehelistyle Registered Users 4 Posts
    Same thing is happening to me you go online to race someone as soon as the race starts it freezes and kicks you out of the race. Game says racing rivals stopped working. This started yesterday afternoon please fix it as i have lost like 30 gems which i payed for :(
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So, technically, I am the only one who really manages these forums, I try and answer as much as possible, but yes, posts do get lost in the. The other admins, occasionally come in and help, but first and foremost there is me.

As for issues. The forums is a place for the players to discuss, it really isn't meant to be Customer Service. That is a different department and the have their own process of addressing issues.

A lot of people have reservations about this update, as people still experience issues with the game. Unfortunately the majority of players actually do not experience issues with the game. There is nothing that is "totally" broken. While it's true, some players always have issues, that's not representative of the majority of players.

What I can say, some of these issues are device specific. Older iPhones, lesser brand Android devices are usually the culprit. the older iPhones are at the very edge of compatibility, which means under the most ideal conditions those devices are barely compatible. With Android, there are literally thousands of devices and we are unable to test them all. FOr reference here are some of the major devices that we test on....

Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 V2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 V2
    Asus Nexus 7
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Nexus 10
    Asus Nexus 10
    HTC One
    Samsung Galaxy
    Samsung Galaxy S 2
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini
    Samsung Galaxy S 5
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Motorolla Droid
    Moto X
    ZTE Solar
    LG G2
    Sony Xperia Z1 (c6903)
    Kindle Fire HDX
    Kindle Fire HDX
    Kindle Fire HDX
    Kindle Fire Phone

There have been issues with some devices running 4.4.2 and later, but we believe most of those issues should be resolved with 3.0.

iPad 2nd Gen
    iPad 3rd Gen
    iPad 3rd Gen (2)
    iPad Mini
    iPad Mini (2)
    iPad Mini (3)
    iPad Mini (4)
    iPad Mini (5)
    iPad Mini (6)
    iPad Mini Retina
    iPad 4th Gen (With Retina)
    iPad 4th Gen (With Retina) (2)
    iPad 4th Gen (With Retina) (3)
    iPad Air
    iPad Air (2)
    iPad Air (3)
    iPad Air (3)
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 4s (2)
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5 (2)
    iPhone 5c
    iPhone 5c (2)
    iPhone 5c (3)
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 5s (2)
    iPhone 5s (3)
    iPhone 5s (4)
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    iPod Touch 5th Gen (2)
    iPod Touch 5th Gen (3)

Please note that the older iPhone devices with 512 gb of ram may experience issues playing the game, especially if the device's resources are being used by multiple apps/features. Also I would suggest checking your device cache and on iOS devices checking how much memory is being used by "other" which you can check in iTunes.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager