Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Let's talk about Rivals 3.0

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Should be live!
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    LWRTHNULWRTHNU Registered Users 667 Posts
    new cars?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    TheMagicRatTheMagicRat Registered Users 28 Posts
    ok, so i have logged in to new 3.0. chat and friends list all messed up. repairs that we were told would be finished are not (ford GT-r has 5hrs left) thats it for now. oh and people on my team are not liking the music (but i have it on mute)
  • Options
    nice to see the old bots back too!!!
  • Options
    would have liked to be able to play with gear ratios as part of trans upgrade
  • Options
    one thing i have noticed is that all my car ratings have increased by one point (at least). expecting to need to retune all my turf cars! :-(
  • Options
    SGTShark78SGTShark78 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Only a few things that I noticed so far but both are big dislikes.

The Dyno chart is unusable. The old chart used to have 1000 rpm increments as it should. The new chart may be 2000 rpm increments not sure. But if so how in the world do you split 2000 rpm into 5 400 rpm increments for an accurate representation on how to shift and launch the car. This needs to go back to the old chart. The original fundementals of the game need to be preserved.

Secondly why did you change the order of the parts? How are we supposed to use all of our old tunes written down in s1,p1,s1 ect format? Convert them? Wow!

And multiple datsuns from crates is reduculous!
  • Options
    jsmooth1515jsmooth1515 Registered Users 33 Posts
    just a quick question why cant we buy the hellcat and other shipyard cars in the showroom? now people will be spending ridiculous amounts of gems for just a blueprint
  • Options
    bsteaguebsteague Registered Users 5,815 Posts
    Alot of bugs going on cant buy cars from showroom when try to buy with rrc it says insufficient fund or gems.....also cant see any friends......also lost a few cars from garage
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Overall, I'm impressed by the relative lack of bugs this far for such an ambitious update. I like the upgrade interface better and the new method of using boost should be a huge improvement.

Very disappointed that new cars aren't really in the game, their in crates. One question, are the contents of any user's crate completely random? I really don't like having to subject my account to hacking exploits to take advantage of gifted boosts.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed because I thought the new cars would be in the showroom for everyone to access but impressed by the implementation of the update. Thanks most for the communication during the process.
  • Options
    GRunner198GRunner198 Registered Users 3 Posts
    There were 3 AI racers in the previous versions when rooms were not fully filled. Velysaan, GTFReek, and one other one that I cant remember the name of. To my knowledge, these 3 AI racers were removed. Just curious as to why this was done? Sometimes just finding somebody to race against you can take 5 minutes or so and lots of times technical issues occur while trying to connect to other users. the 3 AI drivers provided not only a very quick way to race, but an efficient way to race as well. This has been my biggest gripe so far.

Also, I think it would be nice to have a practice mode that doesnt wear on your engine, just your car and the strip. But I understand this would be something to be added to a later update and not specific to the 3.0 update.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Actually there are about 10 AI racers in game. I'll look int why you aren't seeing any of them
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Rallypig31Rallypig31 Registered Users 28 Posts
    First "glitch" I saw was during turf RR management 1 or whatever tried to race me, I waited 5 min with the circle loading thing spinning, I backed out to my garage tried to go back in and I kept telling me not so fast I have to finish my current challenge first. It can't be my connection cause I have full WiFi. I had to close and re open the game.

There's another issue in the showroom and garage, team mates are telling me when they have enough money they are trying to buy cars and its saying they don't have enough. And prior to the update all my cars I can switch back a forth from turbo to supercharger, both I've bought and upgraded to pro but when I try to put a supercharger back on my car its saying I don't have enough money!? How am I suppose to race supercharger races in 2 days when I can't put it on my cars?
  • Options
    DarkWaltzDarkWaltz Registered Users 57 Posts
    You might just have to go to the showroom and buy a new...........OH WAIT!! you can't sorry showroom is broken to, at least you have cars stop complaining some of us can't buy a car at all., !#@$.prolly just a scam to make sure you maintain a certain amount of gems in your account to buy from the showroom. You know like if you have 1 gem and you try to watch a video for 45 minut repair job and it tells you not enough gems.
  • Options
    WckedThumpWckedThump Registered Users 21 Posts
    Gonna post here and in android section. I have a 51 subaru tuned. I have detuned it from 473 to 420 hp. Every time i detune i restart game like we always had to to get a proper tune reading. Before restart it had said 49 restarted went back to 51 tune. Detuned more did this over amd over and over every time it goes back to saying 473 hp. And 1651 tune. Now i have all these parts detuned i no its actual rateong should be 1648 with 420 hp. Uet it shows 1651 and 473 hp ign wckedthump same as forum name
  • Options
    CRAIGWCRAIGW Registered Users 34 Posts
    My username is CRAIGW leader of STREET TOYZ. I ran into many issues with my team. Here we go.

1.As was said, players are unable to buy cars in showroom. Insufficient funds when the money or gems are there.

2. Some cars ratings changed. Which causes a whole retune. You didnt change room ranks too did you?

3. One of my players (clownenonu) lost his account? So I try to remove him from team but when you click on him it gives the loading screen and never loads. Because his account is lost. So now I am stuck with a 19 man team.

4. The friends list is busted. Mostly says "New Player" with no picture. These are original friends but no way to identify other than to message them. Also gives wrong level and wrong current teams. I cant communicate or navigate with anyone for managing turf or scouting/recruiting.

I personally dont like the update. Its too much. Might as well get on the Playstation now. And now able to get these cool special cars a lot easier makes turf a little less interesting. I feel this game needs to be put back under maintenance. Id wrather not play waiting impatiently. Not trying to play and getting frustrated. Please do something about this. Its not just me its a lot of people. What I really want right now is to have my players account restored (clownenonu) or removed from my team. Thanks.
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Hate the music I turn it all the way down now. Sell option button is in a very bad place. People will actually sell their cars thinking they are repairing it and when the confirmation pops up they will realize it's not for repair but to sell their car. By then it might be too late. Imagine the rage.... Layout is clean however it's less user friendly now. Everything before was seamless I knew where to go now it will take more time getting used to something not as easy. The "You Win" or lose screen after a race is too small and in the corner? Not sure why I need to know why they lost traction?

I like the crates thing it's a big money maker for Glu however for players after buying 3 I won't be buying more. It's simply not worth it. I know a person who dished out $250 or 15,000 gems to get a few R class cars lol but now he doesn't have the money to upgrade them so what's the point. Either way nice to see an upgrade but not amazing. I give it a B-
  • Options
    moparbbymoparbby Registered Users 33 Posts
    Yes after update i cannot buy any cars from the showroom i went to buy a subaru to play in turf wars with my team but no matter what subaru i try to buy it says i dont have enough gems to buy this when it doesnt cost gems i have 900k and i cant buy anything and now im letting my team down because i dont have a subaru to race with please help asap.ign moparbby
  • Options
    Kamp44Kamp44 Registered Users 171 Posts
    Not sure if glitch or update issue but last night during turf I had launch failure over 20 times. Wifi was good so not a connection. Using Iphone 6
  • Options
    moparbbymoparbby Registered Users 33 Posts
    using iphone 5
  • Options
    Futbol3r0Futbol3r0 Registered Users 59 Posts
    New cars should have been in the showroom. It's a pain to get a car or part you are not interested in. It just shows how much they want us to keep on paying for this game that they still haven't figured out how to run right.
  • Options
    ShemsdroideShemsdroide Registered Users 1 Posts
    Oigan porque esta actualización me dice que "no cuentas con suficiente dinero para instalar esta pieza quieres conseguir mas dinero? " pero esas piezas son de mi propiedad y cuando las selecciono ahi mismo dice "en propiedad", que pasa?? Ayúdenme por favor
    Gracias
  • Options
    trinidudetrinidude Registered Users 53 Posts
    Tried to install some tyres I own on my integra and its saying 50 gems to install them :O
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    When I look at recently raced players they are all level 1.
  • Options
    kaname86kaname86 Registered Users 12 Posts
    1. please repair the friend list UI, coz its confusing (no name just "new player" )
    2. cars classes (R1,R2,R3, X) makes our cars rating change, sometimes 1670, the other time 1671
    3. glitch on trading, u know like we have 90K cash to buy 78K subie, but somehow got notice " you have insufficient money" ( it also occurs in gem )

we hope as players, this biggest update n innovation doesnt give any of bad experience as the last time.
  • Options
    SGTShark78SGTShark78 Registered Users 28 Posts
    How do we check what our cars mechanic boost to now? Many of us tuned specifically to increase overall mechanic boost. How do we check it now. Admins???

Is anyone looking into these threads?

This game is about racing and tuning, where did the fundamentals of the game go? It's about making money now.

Dyno graph junk, parts order junk, parts not installing, can't check overall mechanic boost any more, repairs not completing, lobby shifts, what is there to like about the update?

Buy four gold crates and get four different blueprints and 40 boosts total?
  • Options
    nyasnyas Registered Users 3 Posts
    I just sign up to write on This forum for a reason the new update is really nice but some how when i play during turf war when i pink i lag couple second thats made me impatients and lost focus and get bad launch and lose traction. Not just that but i also get some glitches that when im racing i take off and out of now where or when i hit the finish line and the result show up saying i lose. These thing are making me lose my car when pinking. Im not happy about it. Im sure some people have this ki.d of semilar problems or more. I would like you guys the rr creater to fix it and if possible can i get my cars back i lose alot just turfing this weekend 11/21/2014. I would like my cars back and fix these glitches. I spent alot of money on this game cause i love to play it. But not like this. I would continue on playing RR if fix but if not im going to quit and this is a customer lose and ill be giving u guys a bad rating. Thank you for your time reading this post. Hope to see good updates.
  • Options
    nyasnyas Registered Users 3 Posts
    just sign up to write on This forum for a reason the new update is really nice but some how when i play during turf war when i pink i lag couple second thats made me impatients and lost focus and get bad launch and lose traction. Not just that but i also get some glitches that when im racing i take off and out of now where or when i hit the finish line and the result show up saying i lose. These thing are making me lose my car when pinking. Im not happy about it. Im sure some people have this ki.d of semilar problems or more. I would like you guys the rr creater to fix it and if possible can i get my cars back i lose alot just turfing this weekend 11/21/2014. I would like my cars back and fix these glitches. I spent alot of money on this game cause i love to play it. But not like this. I would continue on playing RR if fix but if not im going to quit and this is a customer lose and ill be giving u guys a bad rating. Thank you for your time reading this post. Hope to see good updates.
  • Options
    Vannin SteveVannin Steve Registered Users 28 Posts
    So quick question, did some cars get nerfed after 3.0? I am experiencing some slower times with some cars and I haven't changed anything about them. Just curious.