Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

to RR staff, new exploit possibly

brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
Okay so I lost 2 of my best tuned gli in 40 to screen skipping against a guy named "Tight Moto," his avatar has a red lightning bolt in it. Just when I walked into the showdown 1640 lobby, he was taking someone else's cars with cars that's aren't even fast for the lobby. I talked to the dude that lost his cars and he experienced the same thing, screen skipping resulting in bad RT or bogged launched.

I'm no network engineer,but it seems similar to what was happening back in Competitive Cod4 days. People flooding their network with torrents or some other method to have a cause a large download. This cause people on the other end to lag.

It was just a suggestion,but it seems fishy that this guy was taking cars with a 10.7 charger and 10.8 evo in 40 lobby.

Anyone else experience a surge of screen skipping during pinks since the update?

Comments

• Options
    LightningbryceLightningbryce Registered Users 29 Posts
    I have a few times like in 63 lobby with z28 I'm pretty consistent with that car and launching it perfect. A few races it had what seemed to be a momentary lag which resulted in .100+ rt and low launch rpm after drop. Luckily they weren't pink races though
  • Options
    venum 671venum 671 Registered Users 106 Posts
    I just experianced the same issue...this guy..I think the name was jokwowo or something. I've been racing my car and each race I was a consistent 9.7 so when he asked for the race I bet $1k but when I raced him I ran a 10.7 and I lost $1k...another racer experianced the same thing with another racer at the same time
  • Options
    Casey388Casey388 Registered Users 171 Posts
    I had this same issue about 3 weeks ago. I was in a 50 rated Viper and was running 9.49-9.50s consistently. A new person came to the lobby and pinked me numerous times. I had one race where I had a .001 rt with a perfect shift and only hit 9.60. Didn't miss any shifts and I had just repaired my car so I know it didn't have engine damage.

Afterwards this person messaged a teammate of mine in the same room and told him that his buddy got scammed. I almost called it quits after that.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I had it happen all through the turf last week and the showdown this week, I really think it's just a glitch