Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

TURF WARS

aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
i think you should let everyone know what is next on turf war atleast 2 days in advance instead of the day of.

Comments

• Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I would like to see TW maybe every other week, or maybe cut down to two or three events, I don't know how much more my wife and kid can take of me spending my weekends burried in my phone.. Some of us here are grown men with familes and busy schedules and every single weekend 4days straight is not only stressful but very time consuming.. Just an idea, it's starting to become a job, I'm starting to enjoy "the days off" lol.
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    i get yelled at every weekend when im on my phone racing, so cutting down turf day will be nice. do it every other day so we have time to build some cars and also time for our family lol
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    I agree with you guys
  • Options
    67 blown nova67 blown nova Registered Users 1,033 Posts
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    mmm interesting, for us we wanted an event that gave the user enough time over several days to kinda jam on t. We had no way of knowing how serious some people would take it. What would be an interesting alternative for you guys? Multiple turf Wars a week? different types of events? community events? In interested in what you guys might bring to the table
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I would suggest every other week, or even just have the car prize every other week.. Because when you have a prize like a one off car every week, people are going to go nuts, they play for hours on end, they will abandon their teams, they will sell collectable gem cars for iTunes cards just to buy more gem boost.. Things get crazy! And then in the midst of all this, we have our lady's yelling at us that it's just a game. Which btw is the most annoying thing in the world to hear when you just lost a slips race.. So I would like to suggest it be eased up on a bit.. OR make the prize cars available to purchase as well, just not with the TW city wrap.. That would be awesome as well. This is just some ideas off the top of my head.
  • Options
    PANGWAWAPANGWAWA Registered Users 177 Posts
    all online games are addictive, we have to self control and have a balance life style between real and game, for me it's no issue as i focus more on my familiy and work, hence i couldnt contribute to the turf war as much as others although i have the capabilities, just my 2 cents
  • Options
    240z240z Registered Users 152 Posts
    I say leave turf as it is. But right away add details on every next turf event(After Reward for turf the game releases details on next turf.) Waiting every other week for turf would blow in my opinion. I enjoy turf a ton so waiting longer wouldn't be pleasant.

But in a sense if skilled players know what cars are next in advance they will always win. If there's nothing in advance it means that teams they have more cars than others have the advantage. So in a sense anything in turf can happen. But if there's info ahead of time that factor will be removed from the game.
  • Options
    POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    Leave TW as weekly event, maybe over 3 days.... I'm addicted, run 3 businesses, have a family but still find time for RR. My wife is addicted to her social networking and my son to his PS4, so I allow myself RR time. Learn self control or find something for your loved ones to get addicted to on phone or other.