Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

CIE WTF REALLY. PLEASE READ

WOWZERSWOWZERS Registered Users 120 Posts
Ok so the Subaru wrx coupe was released a few days ago for 155gems I believe. I know many people who bought this car I myself bought 3, so that's 465 gems. And I bought another for 5 mil. BUT NOS THEY ARENT GEMS??? WTF CIE. YOU ARE SCREWING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS. PLEASE PUT IT BACK TO GEMS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADD IN CARS MAKE THEM EITHER CASH OR GEMS AND KEEP THEM LIKE THAT. NUFF SAID

Comments

• Options
    GraizaraGraizara Registered Users 139 Posts
    Why so many caps bro!
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    ^How would you feel if you were in his shoes?
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    it is a bit annoying when cie does change gem cars to rr cash car after how many days. i think they should atleast wait a month of so. we spend real money to get these cars. last time i bought a gem car a week later it became available for rr cash..wowzer from now on you should wait a couple of week before u buy a car for gem
  • Options
    WOWZERSWOWZERS Registered Users 120 Posts
    Exactly I mean I was so frustrated when I saw this. Total backstabbing
  • Options
    GraizaraGraizara Registered Users 139 Posts
    Actually I'm in his shoes I bought 3 for 6mill each. It's CIE game and I'm fond of the change.
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    It's a simple concept, if you want the latest and greatest you're gonna have to pay. Or way or another.. I think it would be cool if when they released cars they would inform us that it'll soon become a cash car, but for the most part I'm not bothered by it.
  • Options
    Jdmbenn_xoxoJdmbenn_xoxo Registered Users 60 Posts
    You shouldnof known they they was gonna become cash look at the supra
  • Options
    BootyshockaBootyshocka Registered Users 75 Posts
    GT500?is still gems
  • Options
    greendrivergreendriver Registered Users 86 Posts
    Guys its always a marketing strategy plus basic economics, as mud said "if you want the latest and greatest you're gonna have to pay." Simple, its a new car! Also it makes no sense they say "it wil be rr cash in a week" cause nobody will buy and it will go against their own marketing strategy. Another example is the tw gem cars, try to auction an ZR1 right now before tw, you will get millions and millions, now try to auction it after tw ...
  • Options
    jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    K so this is why this happens... Every time they put a new car into the showroom it is because they have done a contract with the company who makes the actual car. They need to buy the rights to the car and all of the add ons they want to put in it. It's not cheap and it isn't a fast process either. Thats why when a car comes out they make it a gem car so that they can get money to pay for what they have paid to get that car and second thats why it takes so long for them to get new cars.
    If you have an issue with gem cars turning into cash cars then maybe you should wait a couple weeks before you buy it. If not then stop complaining thats how the game works and if it wasn't for that system then we wouldnt be getting any new cars. If you want the car as soon as it comes out or if your dumb enough not to wait then you cant complain when it turns to a cash car.
    I already have 3 gemd out wrx's and I know how this works so I not complaining. Every time a new car comes out and turns to a cash car people complain hahaha you should read first before you post cause the forums have had this conversation more than once already.