Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

BEWARE.....YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE NOT SAFE!!!

CarboncoreCarboncore Registered Users 24 Posts
1 week ago monday i was hacked during the night and 19 cars of mine were stolen. All Top Dollar Wrapped Turf cars and Crate cars and couple Nismos. I only noticed because my Nismos were ghost next day in my Garage. Same next day when i logged in i got a random post from someone stating..." I know where your car went." I took screenshot and submitted ticket. I personally spend about $150.00 a week in gems for gem repairs and crates and tuning for turfs. All my google records show my investments. I had 270 cars on monday and 250 cars on tuesday while i was asleep for the night. I emailed Google and i emailed Glu and also sent game ticket in with the above screenshot. After week of no response i talked to Google and they said nothing they can do its a developer issue. As they recommended i file a complaint through Google against Glu and Developers in which i did i then get a response ingame ticket that the only way this could happen is if i shared my account info with sombody. Really!? Are you Fing serious!? After the hundreds of dollars i spend a week....they seriously think i share that info with ANYONE!? This is bad buisness as i didnt just start playing this game a week ago or a year ago. Personally i consider myself a very lagit and friendly player. I have gave lots of cars away on my own...i dont need anyone taking them from me. I have all the proof in the world that i did not cause this mishap and for simple fact there is no respect for the innocemt people playing and contributing to this game. I did collect my turf cars....i worked way to hard tp earn them...why the heck would i give my account out like willy nilly......this is an insult to me.....to us...and this games community to know that this kind of problem is not only happening through Facebook save game but Clearly Google Saved games too!.. i dont sell my cars nor do i trade them. I collect them. The fact that i was hacked and nobody cares to do ajything about it is wrong and bad buisness for Glu. Therefore i am on my own and now i cant trust that my investments will be safe or protected and no support to help with that matter. I don't give my info out to nobody...and i mean nobody. So beware.....how much money are you willing to lose and not even a Sorry from Google or Glu has been issued. You are all also on your own. Hacked or not Glu does not have any respect for those of us investing. Clearly doesnt matter if you purchase one gem or 50k gems. Obviously were all worthless and easy to replace in the Eyes of the developers. CLEARLY its all about the dollar......and not your dollar....just theirs as i waisted hundreds of dollars and hours in this game. Which will not happen anymore. YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE NOT SAFE AND CLEARLY NEVER WILL BE.

Now enjoy what ever is left they havnt hacked from you........Yet.

Comments

• Options
    Here is the random msg
    Evidently you must be signed in to see pic.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
  • Options
    I have read that. This game is on my only device. I have not...nor will not ever share my account info. Constantly changing my password regularly is only another way of RR acknowleging the fact we are being hacked. Rather then fix the problem or attempt to help those of us unfortunate players whom have been hacked as a result of stolen property in which i payed RR for.., you just tell us "Oh Well!"....Sorry about your luck. Maybe its time to spread this finding and lack of support to the whole community so they dont go investing as much as i have and losing everything before you tell them!......"Oh..well! Thats bad buisness for RR to acknowlege and turn a cheek the other way. Wouldnt take much of an investigation to see I.P addresses and prove my account was logged in from another state or country for that matter. I do understand your too busy counting your money instead of taking care of your customers and their investments. Its a shame and a disgrace to Public Relations.....which you obviously know nothing about.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Stories like this, make me glad i never spent a dime on my account. Do you use your IGN for username? It should be Email for user, so the hackers have one less option to guess and get in
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    I'm a fellow gamer who spends money on a monthly basis too, so I can honestly say I have sympathy for what you're going through. I've also had to wait several weeks now for customer service to resolve my multiplayer race ban issue on my secondary account, so I also know what you're going through in terms of dealing with CS.

Truth is however, Glu is a rather small company, small budget, small customer service, etc. With what other gamers have shared here, your experience, and my own with this company, there is MUCH improvement that could be made. I don't think it's going to get any better though. CS seems to get through tickets one by one with very few representatives, apparently supporting all of Glu's games and not just dedicated to RR. So, you and I fall very low on a pretty big list of people requesting support. And have you seen some of the ridiculous requests just on this board? Most of them sound like whining babies. If CS is answering them in the order they are received rather than some priority system (like average monthly revenue per user), then you and I must wait until the crying babies have their accounts restored because they couldn't follow directions in the FAQ for saving their accounts.

The response you received regarding security being your responsibility and not Glu's, is BS. I believe you that you value the money spent on this game and don't give out your account information. What Glu does NOT want to suggest is that their game, Facebook, or Google Play could be the entry point into your account. Pointing fingers at their partners is not good for business. We know their game can be hacked, period (just look at the vids on cash and gems hacks of the past). We know FB can be hacked and accounts easily lost due to very skilled hackers or weak passwords, or both. Google Play has an API as well, allowing attackers a front door to knock on 24/7. THERE IS NO SECURITY GUARANTEE on the Internet. The billions of Internet-based accounts hacked every year, the credit card numbers stolen, the fines handed out to companies for poor security practices, the lawsuits, the free credit screening after your credit card was stolen, etc. *Yawn*. This is now a part of being on the Internet. It's a matter of WHEN, not IF anymore.

My suggestion, spend a lot less on RR, or no more money at all. Join a team that doesn't expect you to spend every last dollar to come in under 100th place during turfs. Get back to enjoying the game on your time, rather than trying to just beat everyone else in sight no matter the cost. I've thought long and hard about this and I've decided that winning a turf car is a lot harder than buying it from someone after the thrill is gone from winning it. If I want a turf car that's what I'll do. I get a much bigger rush from winning a pink race than buying cars however, and racing a turf car only stresses me out because everyone will pink race you looking to get it for free.

Anyway, I do hope CS helps you get your cars back.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    sry for ur lose bro

• Options
    t3st m3 b1achhht3st m3 b1achhh Registered Users 997 Posts
    I agree with all the above. I was hacked yesterday and sent in a ticket to glu, but I am not holding my breath.

Hence why I am quitting and trying to get every dime I ever put into this game back.
  • Options
    sometypeofgirlsometypeofgirl Registered Users 202 Posts
    my friend was also hacked after the mustang race edition event.. they took all his turf cars.
  • Options
    Cantdoit87Cantdoit87 Registered Users 308 Posts
    Very well said.....unfortunately there are alot of.babies and idiots who dont spend money yet expect customer.service to return a frs to them.that they lost so they send in a ticket....im glad i no longer spend.a dime on here ever
  • Options
    Mathi0uzMathi0uz Registered Users 586 Posts
    Well they ban accounts based on pinks right? So there has to be a way to track who did what. If there is not the game needs a tracking tool for pinks or at least a log they can go back to. I am sad to read about your experience man. I stopped playing Xbox to play this game. I really enjoy it. But if the hacks keep damaging the way we play I will quit and never spend money EVER again. Keep us posted on how your situation is being handled.
    **ADMIN PLEASE SUPPORT US
  • Options
    Fearless RivalFearless Rival Registered Users 158 Posts
    They really should listen to user's feedback more. In addition they should give us an explanation to why a trade feature hasn't been added yet. All of the innocents getting hacked by people that listens to Justin Bieber all day and skips school just to play Racing Rivals all day long is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I just don't understand how they can't go back get get the car back from the person the took them. Stories like this is why I don't spend a dime on this game. I may never get an event car car, but who cares if its just going to be stolen from me?

On a side note I find it crazy people spend that kind on $$$ on this game. I would rather put that $$ on my real trucks go fast goodies.