Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

My opinion towards players driving Starter cars.

Fearless RivalFearless Rival Registered Users 158 Posts
I have got rid of almost all of my starter cars. So far I have kept my NSX and my Evo. I have never maxed them out. Although there's somethings about the starter cars that I fear.

This may not be a good post. Although there are some good points to point out. You may call me a moron or a noob for this but let's just get to the point. There's a lot of people driving starter cars because of the fact you get them for free after beating a tournament and moving on to the next one. However in Multiplayer they can be a serious issue if your car isn't all maxed out. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, this is going to get a bit criminal here so please don't literally take this too serious as it's just an opinion. These Evos can be a problem. It feels like you need a car above B Class to beat the people driving the Evo. I have a maxed 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI that has a rating of 1656 and runs like 9.7 or 9.5. Although usually it's suppose to have a rating of 1659 due to tuning differences. When racing against the evos, after launching I take the lead but a second later after the launch the Evo takes the lead. It's kinda unfair. I don't know if there's any B Class that can take out an Evo. I feel like they should have balanced the Evo out a bit. I've even just looked at the Maxed Car Rating thread and so far, there's not another B Class car that is around the 1660s. Now there may be a car that is a B Class that could take the Evo down but I'm just going to say that the car is over powered. Heck I've seen someone driving a R Class car and lost against some guy driving a Lancer Evo in a pinks slip race. Don't know if the guy didn't tuned his car that well but anyways moving on.

Next is people driving R Class starter cars. I took this complaint from someone else and actually agreed with him. So I felt like this deserves to be mentioned. I see people driving R Class starter cars challenging people driving cars below R Class. That's quite unfair and it happens to me too. If I get a race request from a guy driving a R Class car and I'm not in one, I just decline it. It's even worse if that same person keeps spamming you requests. Your best option would be to switch to a different lobby. Can't they even race their own class? Quite a problem there. It's also worth mentioning that when you beat someone they keep spamming you requests to race you until you accept it and they win. Especially if you already beaten them more then once like just give up. If you can't beat me, stop asking me to race you.

What do you guys think? Do you think they should balance the Lancer's preformance and actually make it less overpowered?

Comments

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    The problem is not the starter cars, it's piggybackers as a whole. That is my term for the pathetic, weak game play style, of joining a friend using a proper lobby'ed car. These players can't handle the max lobby and prey on lower lobby's newer players, for pinks, money and street creds. I have posted threads about this and every time Ryyst has said, "This is an unintended, but accepted function, of the friend feature' In other words, maybe unintended, but fortunate turnout for GLU as a whole.

If a new player pinks a campaign car, they have to pay gems to replace the car and possibly re-regester said car(more expensive than replacing the car to continue their game. The friend feature was started to support the UN-supported trades of cars. But has been exploited by weak players bullying others in lobby's.

I never challenge players in the public lobby, there is no way to pink unless you challenge them. so when they challenge me, they get nothing but SC and their rating posted in chat for everyone to see. As i said i will never pink or money race in the public lobby, at least till they are locked like the turf and showdown lobby's.

Personally i see no good use for the friend feature, Trades and sales are unsupported ( in writting at least), so there is no real need for the friend feature. This is keeping piggybackers and scammers in business, which is money for GLU. Why would they change it now?
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Youve miss placed your feeling toward classes. When the problem is lobby jumpers. Now I think lobby jumping is ok it makes trading a lot safer but maybe they should indicate the car is. Like with a off colored name. I race in the 56 lobby with a type R and a R2. They are tuned to the lobby. Why when I win I make $1500 or so. Thats a lot better then $1000 if I was limited by class. There are a lot of guys out their that lobby jump and race me thinking that Im up there with them. But when they see they are blowing me away the slow down and let me win.
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I don't bet out side of turf for more then 1K unless its a guy that I have been going back and forth with. So I know his car rating. Anyone that lobby jumps and bets me gets called out and some thats don't bet. Like the ones that sand bag trying to get you to bet or pink them. The 56 and 63 lobbies are full of 1678s and then some. When its like that I'll walk away from 20mins. come back and a lot of them have cleared out.

This is really the reason I have started turfing. At lest there are a few days a week I can race in peace, but its hard core. You better have you car setup before you go racing or your only going to win fouls.

There should be an extra step/warning in pinking your current campaign car though.
  • Options
    alfonsoalfonso Registered Users 14 Posts
    My scion frs is maxed out 347 hp but is in 1651 and I can't compete
  • Options
    EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    Lol fear EVOS are the way foward in real life and RR!
  • Options
    Beast CorvetteBeast Corvette Registered Users 3 Posts
    When I go into the lower lobbies i use a stock acura rsx type s thats 1605. Plus im a beginner to it is customize and neons
  • Options
    Patrick74Patrick74 Registered Users 4 Posts
    The most thing people should watch out for now days is the scam accs I lost a hellcat to a another hellcat by a double acc cheater