Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A better solution to stop swapping

Swapping points undermines the integrity of the game, I can wholeheartedly agree. But, I like to bet during turf wars. My strategy used to be two fold, A; I stand to win a bet because I've slaved for months over tunes and driving technique and often feel confident about my chance of winning, B; if the other player doesn't feel up to it or is just lacking the guts, I score points for my team. The allure of making (sometimes outlandish) bets is lost, people chicken and you are left with the same thing you are left with in a normal multiplayer race; nothing.

My solution is two fold; first, when the timer reaches zero without a bet made, the race starts, if one of the players is having internet problems or something, oh well tough luck, you didn't lose any money or your car and the other player gets one easy win, leave the player inactive after the race (make their avatar grey) and the winning car gets the points for a win.
Second; make the minimum bet 10.000 in turf wars, the reason for swapping was the low risk of making a 100 bet, if somebody takes you up on it, you lose 100 because you aren't using boost or your car can't win or you just aren't very good at driving... If you've to risk no less than 10k, well now! That changes things, now you've to be prepared for a race because that's an enticing bet to accept! You better have your boost on and be prepared for a race or even a re-raise to a staggering amount of money or your car on top of it all.