Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Possible reason for too many racers fouling.

Fearless RivalFearless Rival Registered Users 158 Posts
On Racing Rivals, I've experienced players ending the race and simply making me win easily. It bothers me and sometimes pisses me off. Of course everyone loves to win but not win cheaply because of the other racer's decision to foul. It has come to the conclusion to why people keep doing this. The possible reason behind it is because of 5 years olds worrying about losing so they simply end the race just by fouling to check your car's rating. I call this Rating Spying. Now don't get me wrong, some people do foul by accident but here's how to tell if your a Rating Spying. Basically you foul and check his or hers car rating and if your opponent simply wants to race you again and you chicken out, that proves that your a Rating Spy and only care about winning. Rating Spies are a waste of time. If you fouled by accident, it's tolerable but if you fouled to check the opponent's car ratings and you chicken out when he challenges you again either because of his car having a higher rating then yours, then that's Rating Spying.

Some may check your car's rating and regardless if both of your car's ratings are equal, the rating spy would only race you if your driving a slower car which can be the even worser Rating Spies. Obviously proving that most of these rating spies are just little kids only borned to win. Heck in some cases I call this scamming simply just for easy wins. This is not how Racing Rivals should work. We should only race against cars that are the same class as your cars *with the exception of the Mitsubishi lancer if your riding a B Class car as it requires an A Class vehicle to win against someone driving a Lancer unless of course your driving a Lancer as the lancer is the most overpowered B Class car* I think the best way Rating Spying can be fixed is by having your opponent's car rating only show if you had a legit race like a race without fouling. If you foul for your opponent to win, then their car rating should only say ???? or in other words show question marks. What do you guys think? Is rating spying a good thing or is it a waste of time? I could understand it can be a good thing to do at times if your racing against an opponent driving a car that's faster then your's but you should already know if your opponent is going to have a faster car then you. It's definitely like trolling. Anyways that's it for now peace!

Comments

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    When i'm in the public lobby, i'll race anyone that challenges me, but i won'r challenge anyone but the bots. This allows me to see the rating, without losing money or cars. I then post the rating, if they piggybacked. My rules of play are simple,

#1. I challenge nobody,
    #2. I will accept any challenge, but do not pink or money bet. You challenge me, you play by my rules not yours.
    #3. If the person piggybacked, post name, car and rating in chat.

BTW the lancer is not the most op'ed car in the B class, across the board the GNX is far superior. Check our the RR collective records FB page. The lancer may be OP'ed in maxxed form, but the GNX rules every other lobby
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I don't foul on purpose but if you challenge me again and you're not lobby rated you won't get a race out of me.