Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Severe Stability Issues Since 3.2 & Other Randomness

Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
Device: Nexus 9
Android version: 5.0.1

Stability Issues with 3.2:
Since the 3.2 update, the game crashes 3 - 5 times per hour of playing. It does not appear that there is any particular activity that causes the game to crash, but since I spend most of my time in lobbies racing, that is when it happens the most. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting the device, and reinstalling the game for both the original 3.2 release and the more recent 3.2.0.3215986.

Other Randomness:
While in the garage, the horizontal scrolling list of cars will completely disappear. Restarting the game fixes it and sometimes taking the selected car back into a lobby and going back into the garage brings the car list back. Other times when returning from the Upgrade screen to the list of cars in my garage, the list does not orient itself correctly and there is a large gap between the Inventory icon and the selected car.

"Sort By:" list in the garage sometimes scrolls completely off the screen. The entire list goes too far up and I have to press the small scroll arrow to bring it back down.

Maintenance:
The behavior of this area is only getting more annoying--there are too many unnecessary clicks. When a car has completed the maintenance, I now not only have to go back into that screen to press the "Free" button (to finish), but now after 3.2, I have an additional confirmation click required to complete the maintenance for zero gems. When you have used 15+ cars during a turf, those extra button presses become REALLY annoying once they are done repairing. Please bring back the behavior where no clicks are required AT ALL when the maintenance time is reached--just put it back in service.

Comments