Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

NO 30% GEM SALE??

PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
I usually buy a $9.99 gem package and then buy the $19.99 gem package afterwards to take advantage of the sale price. Basically I give CIE $30 for gems. Yesterday I bought $9.99 worth of gems and expected the 30% sale price but it was not there. I did not spend anymore money. So instead of giving CIE $30 for imaginary gems, I only gave you $10 for imaginary gems. You lost out.

Comments

• Options
    sinn39sinn39 Registered Users 778 Posts
    I've noticed that 2 days ago.. im not buying anymore gems until this is resolved if ever..for me om on Android supra is gems not cash wanted to take advantage of the 50% off sale..fellow subscriber to your Facebook page..
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    GLU IS ALL "TAKE, TAKE, TAKE..." WITH NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE GAME AND IT'S LONG TIME, LOYAL PLAYERS....ITS VERY SAD.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Just to add to the volume of people, I had the same problem last Friday using the same packages as PIGP3N.
  • Options
    cali kid 22cali kid 22 Registered Users 466 Posts
    yes all they want is money money . what there is for us . I will not give them money either only 10$ I will spend since no extra 30% off . and why would they just do supra for gems it had both money and gems before when on sale .
  • Options
    cali kid 22cali kid 22 Registered Users 466 Posts
    yes all the cant is money money . what there is for us . I will not give them money either only 10$ I will spend since no extra 30% off . nd supra was cash and gems before it when on sale . they want money they become so stingy . all they want money .
  • Options
    pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    Same thing happened to me twice. One time i bought $10 pkg expecting $20 sale none. Then i bought $20 pkg and no ssle on $50. I wouldve nought $50 also but didnt cause i felt robbed or scammed by glu.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I know when the FRS R spec was on sale 2-3 weeks ago, it was both cash and gems. I got one with cash (247k BTW thank you GLU) so i don't know what happened. Unless they didn't want the supra at roughly 37K (Roughly 50% regular price), to actually force people to spend real money. Kind of glad i don't like toyo's, didn't get one
  • Options
    Island racerIsland racer Registered Users 120 Posts
    I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. I had bought the 9.99 pack two days ago and there was no %30 sale. So today I bought the 1.99 pack to see if they fixed it and they didn't. I wanted to buy a $100 worth of gems today but guess I'll save my money until they fix it. I would love to buy cars from racers here but I don't have a PayPal account. I'm wondering if people will do there sales via Google Play.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    I am looking into this right now. Not sure if there is a bug with this at this point but for now be assured we are reviewing.
  • Options
    Okay so, I need more records to sift through. If you did not see the 30% for the next highest purchase please give me the following:
    1. Racername
    2. Package you bought
    3. Date

I need more data before I can go to QA and determine if this is a bug.
  • Options
    hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n3857942]Okay so, I need more records to sift through. If you did not see the 30% for the next highest purchase please give me the following:
    1. Racername
    2. Package you bought
    3. Date

I need more data before I can go to QA and determine if this is a bug.[/QUOTE]
    [RR] Sparkle can you check your PM's? I sent you a message regarding this issue. Thanks.
  • Options
    Island racerIsland racer Registered Users 120 Posts
    IGN SPEEDY PRINCE 671 Date- 3/7/15 package 9.99,
    Date 3/11/15 package 1.99
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR A LITTLE WHILE NOW. WHY CANT THEY (GLU) PURCHASE GEMS THEMSELVES TO SEE THAT THE GEMS DONT APPEAR WITH BONUS FOR NEXT PURCHASE?
  • Options
    kornsaqkornsaq Registered Users 11 Posts
    Kornsaq
    3/12/15
  • Options
    kellyphastkellyphast Registered Users 24 Posts
    Kellyphast
    $4.99
    3/8/2015
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Had the same thing happened to me today- but it's cool- glu lost out on my second £25 gift card after I used the first with no 30% off. You guys really think they're gonna do anything? They can't even give me my rims back that changed During the last update! What the fukkkkkkk they do up at glu towers is beyond me! Getting to the stage that a lot of people are leaving this game. The worse run company I have ever known! That's it- rant over- I'm off to buy some music with my iTunes card you didn't get glu. Laaaaaaaters.
  • Options
    Thanks for being so on top of this guys. We should have a fix out as soon as humanly possible. No more information is needed.
  • Options
    Brken123 wrote: »
    I bet you it's fixed right after the 3X for gems from vids and the offer wall ends......I have to wonder if one has something to do with the other.
    LOL, you know what, I was thinking the same thing. What a coincidence that this happens right around the time they have a bunch of promotions going on (Google M3, discounted bronze crates and 3x for gems on vids and offers). Nothing surprises/shocks me with CIE/Glu anymore.
  • Options
    brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    Basically I heard on fb. The 30% bonus should come back when the x3 gem offers is over.
  • Options
    Brken123 wrote: »
    See my post from 3/13? Called it.....the cash grabs are becoming blatantly obvious.....sigh.
    Yup, good call. Very predictable and as I said in my post, nothing that CIE/Glu does shocks me anymore. It's ALL about the $$$.