Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

New update lmao

HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
First race after new update: I take out my integra, game says "joining best room" for my 1650 integra. First car I see is a RX7 G Spec and of course that's who challenges me. In what world would that be the best room for the car???? This game has gotten full blown retarded lmao.

Comments

• Options
    YourCarLooksLikeCrapYourCarLooksLikeCrap Registered Users 33 Posts
    HausIsBoss wrote: »
    First race after new update: I take out my integra, game says "joining best room" for my 1650 integra. First car I see is a RX7 G Spec and of course that's who challenges me. In what world would that be the best room for the car???? This game has gotten full blown retarded lmao.

HAHAHAHAAAHA! Thats was funny man! Chimps at CIE
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Same exact thing happened to me when I first came back to the game.. I was so close to calling it quits. But you just have to pick your races and assume every car you race is fully upgraded.
  • Options
    LareinajoyLareinajoy Registered Users 118 Posts
    Yup i agree. If your in stock cars you always end up on a low level room
  • Options
    lightspeed_patricklightspeed_patrick Registered Users 8 Posts
    It's **** aggravating. This is basically like pulling up into a parking lot and racing someone without looking under their hood or having any knowledge about the car. It's nice to know you have a good match up, and not some **** guy that has ten points over you
  • Options
    jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    That's what CIE intended for the game... "so they say" that in the real world when you street race someone you don't know whats under the hood. You dont know how many "points" they have over you. My suggestion is to like everyone says assume everyone in the room is a scammer and is running a fully tuned car. Watch the replays, look at the sc, by doing that you should win most of your races. Even before this update you still had to pick and choose. It wasn't like you go into the room and you just randomly pick an opponent cause there were still scammers in there. It is what it is can't do anything about it and CIE has no intention of fixing it. Now instead of brainlessly racing anyone and everyone you need to strategize which makes the game that much more fun. And referring back to what Hausisboss said the rx7 spec comes stock in 50's you dont know till you race. Can't be scarred to race anyone just race. You lose big time don't race em anymore. You would be a idiot to bet right off the bat unless you are running the same class cars with a maxed car. Just like before there are still hackers that whether you can see their rating or not you will lose. Just get a feel for everyone in the room and race. I have had no problem with races and actually have been winning more. Oh and by the way if you do delete the game remember to bless us here on the forums with all your beautiful cars ;) lol
  • Options
    lightspeed_patricklightspeed_patrick Registered Users 8 Posts
    I can see both sides of the argument, but the game caters more to those who just hack. I started a new account last night and a couple of the rooms were full of Corvettes and shit like that when I was racing a stock car on tires, they need to index the classes or something, shit was bananas. One bitch took like 3 cars from some noobs; it was like watching someone club a dead baby seal, lol.
  • Options
    XRVXRV Registered Users 176 Posts
    Its better to know everyones ratings so there would be less scammers in slower rooms
  • Options
    HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    There is a simple fix. Make the ratings u get leaving your garage apply the same when u click the join friends button. U want to race with a friend? Tune ur car for the rating of the room. That way u have a chance to race all the cars in the room and have a chance to win also. I don't care about seeing their rating if the room was bracketed for all in the room.