Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Day 3 of black screen bug, any news to update??

02AccordSE02AccordSE Registered Users 1,184 Posts
Still getting this black wall bug nonsense, over 72 hours of black dark emptiness where my garage used to be. Sent my support email well over 24 hours ago and no response. Has anyone that also is dealing with this issue heard anything? It doesn't seem that to many people are dealing with the same issues.

Comments

• Options
    SpadeZSpadeZ Registered Users 156 Posts
    There's all sorts of problems. Some are fine while others get black screens or error 500s. Doesn't surprise me tho. Hopefully they'll fix it soon..
  • Options
    It's irritating though because anytime there is a bug or a glitch I'm always one of the people affected
  • Options
    I do understand that there will be bugs with updates occasionally, but every update or patch? I can't recall a time where the Devs had issues introducing a new car. To me it seems they half ass updates but with cars that most of us spend real money on they don't skimp on.
  • Options
    sTill no response to my email,
  • Options
    Torn up KnucklesTorn up Knuckles Registered Users 59 Posts
    Same here man, I thought it was an isolated issue in which it was only affecting a few people, apparently its affecting a lot of android users. Seems to work fine on ios though. So frustrating. They received my first e mail, but I'm not sure with they have received any if my others.
  • Options
    Waiting still sent 3 emails over 6 days!
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Support's current response wait time is around 12 days due to a dramatic increase in ticket volume. We appreciate your patience!
  • Options
    Response to which? Getting a ticket or being helped if you have a ticket! Exact what I mean, just copy & paste! Be more specific!
  • Options
    Also this is b******* I have a friend on a top 5 team that had the same issue his was fixed two days after he complained about it I'm on the top 100 team and I've been waiting 8 days now.
  • Options
    This is just about 5x longer then this black screen BS!Lol your devs can add new RE Cars, new crate rims, wresting cars, but your devs and support team cant send a single email? 2mxle2c.jpg
  • Options
    You guys think Google will refund me most of these, when they see there is no response, the app doesn't work, and lots of others are stuck in same issue? On yea a couple more weeks of purchases! G
    ojdslf.jpg
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    The black screen issue has been fixed. In general new content is ready for a while before it goes live, which is why some things get updated WHILE we are working on issues. They are NOT being prioritized over issues as serious as the black screen issue.

I know this is frustrating but really, our development team is not full of awful people, they want you guys to have fun.
  • Options
    KDAZKDAZ Registered Users 96 Posts
    if you purchase something and get nothing, yes you will be refunded. It's a buyers market and they stand behind people spending money, not the ones STEALING IT!!!!
  • Options
    if you purchase something and get nothing, yes you will be refunded. It's a buyers market and they stand behind people spending money, not the ones STEALING IT!!!!
  • Options
    if you purchase something and get nothing, yes you will be refunded. It's a buyers market and they (Google) stand behind people spending money, not the ones STEALING IT!!!!
  • Options
    KDAZ wrote: »

Who is stealing what? If I buy something and it doesn't work, shouldn't I be able to return it? Who the hell is talking about stealing?
  • Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n5147306]The black screen issue has been fixed. In general new content is ready for a while before it goes live, which is why some things get updated WHILE we are working on issues. They are NOT being prioritized over issues as serious as the black screen issue.

I know this is frustrating but really, our development team is not full of awful people, they want you guys to have fun.[/QUOTE]
    What do you mean fixed? I still have that issue! Doesn't "fix" mean its been corrected, no longer an issue?
  • Options
    At the time that I posted that we had just released the fix, which still takes hours to go live. Definitely should have mentioned that. Either way, ot is fixed now. If you're still experiencing this problem then you can contact support about it here: http://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/racing-rivals/
  • Options
    Still have a black screen...contacted support, how long will it take to respond? I sent one in about a week ago and still haven't heard anything.
  • Options
    Still same black screen on my main tablet. I was able to you tube how to fix my broken tablet. And tried to get on but kept crashing. Finally I got on but the lag is horrible.
  • Options
    knuckles your information has already been sent to QA. accord if you still have a black screen please give me your Racername.
  • Options
    How did you fix it?
  • Options
    I fixed my old broken tablet! Main tablet etill has black screen. As in opened it hp and reconnected the battery connectors.

on the tablet i can get on i crash after every turf race. 2 tablets both unable to play the game without issues.
  • Options
    We're currently testing out a fix for this issue but we don't have an ETA as of yet so hang in there! We appreciate your patience.
  • Options
    JohnSamahJohnSamah Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited July 2015
    Happens on my asus fonepad 7 too after upgrade to lollipop. Click the icon -appears the glu icon- black screen forever
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts

The black screen issue has been fixed. In general new content is ready for a while before it goes live, which is why some things get updated WHILE we are working on issues. They are NOT being prioritized over issues as serious as the black screen issue.

I know this is frustrating but really, our development team is not full of awful people, they want you guys to have fun.

Why are you yelling at him?!
  • Options
    JohnSamah, asos zenfone or fonepad? I just want to make sure.
  • Options
    locusi7locusi7 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1 Posts
    I can't play racing rivals after my asus zenfone 4 update to lollipop.. glu loading screen after that black screen forever. Thanks.
  • Options
    We are looking into this as stated above.