Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Just a Suggestion

Moop57Moop57 Registered Users 16 Posts
Hopefully this is the correct place to post this and maybe a Mod can respond.

I just want to recommend something that I would like to see added into RR. I would like to see something like a practice/testing drag strip added into the game. It would be a place for you to run your car after you have added parts to it or to test out different tunes without having to race other players and losing any street credit and perhaps even engine damage while you do your test runs. A test drag strip feature would be a very good tool to learn a new car you get as well as a good place to practice for new players to get the hang of the game. Maybe you can just be racing a ghost of your current car controlled by AI so it has a feel of a regular race. Of course you don't win any cash or anything since it is just a test track. As far as I know the only way to do this testing currently is vs other players in the race lobbies or in the campaign which me and I am sure many other have beat many times so then it comes down to just the lobbies to test your car setup. I hope I am not the only one who has thought of this and would think it might be a good and helpful idea and I apologize if this has been brought up before. One more thing I am sure has been brought up before is a test drive feature in the showroom so I just thought I would throw that in as well. I am not a very good racer so any of these ideas that can be added into the game would definitely help me and many others I am sure. Any constructive responses or criticism is welcome. Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading this and see you in RR.

Nate W.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you Legit the the constructive reply. I think many others would agree as well. If you could tell all your friends who play RR to comment here then maybe we could get the developers attention and perhaps get them thinking of adding this into the game.
  • Options
    San Diego 1904San Diego 1904 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Bump!!! this NEEDS to be added. I dont see why it hasnt
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion! We're heard this a ton of time and I'd be more than happy to pass it on to the devs for consideration.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the positive feedback on the suggestion. Phoenix I am sure many RR players have brought up these ideas before. The test/practice track as well as being able to test drive a car in the showroom before buying would make RR a much better game than it already is. I am a big car enthusiast and RR is by far the best racing game on the mobile platform in my opinion and if these ideas were adapted into the game I am sure this solid game as it is would put it over the top as the best mobile racing game on the market and would make every RR player love the game even more and perhaps bring even more players to RR. I appreciate that RR players suggestions can actually be seen by the devs and taken into consideration which makes me happy to know that the devs listen to the players wishes and needs. I sincerely hope these ideas make it into the game and if they don't I am sure there is a good reason for it. If we could please keep this post alive and updated and hopefully more people post here if they agree and that will give these ideas a better chance of being added soon hopefully. Thanks for reading and see you in RR.

Nate W.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    The feature you are describing would take a very long to be implemented. I am not trying to rain your parade, I just want to keep expectations realistic. We have passed along the feedback but if you are expecting some kind of response/and or to see the feature in game within the year you would be mislead.
  • Options
    I understand Sparkle. It takes time to implement new features into a game let alone a major feature like this would be. I am just happy that the suggestions are actually passed on to the devs for consideration. I will continue to play RR for a long time to come and if these ideas are added into the game a month or even a year from now it doesn't matter to me as RR is already a very solid game to me. Thank you for the reply and happy racing.

Nate W.
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Awww :)
    Thanks Nate!