Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Please clarify trade amount/pinks limit

ErickNMErickNM Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 115 Posts
I want to know more detail about this. Is there a limit on pinks wins in general? Because let's say I pinks in a tournament and I win all of the cars and do this a few or several times. Would that potentially put me over the mark, or are we talking specifically about pinks between one particular user? Or any users (the total number of non tournament pinks)?
Because if you have a max limit in general (including Tournaments) then you either need to get rid of the Pinks tournament or disclose that threshold number, or just not count it during tournament pinks. I'm not going to go through and do pinks tournaments just to get banned. Please clarify what you mean by limit, and when it applies. You don't have to tell us the threshold.

Comments

• Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    Yes there is a limit and its undisclosed. but pinking in tournaments dosnt have a limit. Just in regular rooms. Good rule of thumb is not to do more then 20 a hour
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    Trog has the right idea. This is not a number we are going to give out but you should be safe following that guideline.
  • Options
    BigPoppaFitzBigPoppaFitz Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 22 Posts
    @[RR] Sparkle
    Is there a limit to the amount of RRC one can lose/win before tripping some sort of threshold?
  • Options
    yep, large cash transfers will result in a ban review.
  • Options
    RoyboyRoyboy Registered Users 103 Posts
    anything i believe over 40 mills
  • Options
    This is one reason you are backed up so much on customer service. You leave us in the dark, then when people get banned they all have to contact customer support. You know if you disclosed the amount then people wouldn't go over that amount. Problem solved. No more people asking for reopening of accounts. It's like posting a speed limit in a way. But because you won't give even an idea then we are all guessing at the speed limit. Thanks a lot RR.
  • Options
    K1TTENSK1TTENS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,066 Posts
    ErickNM said:

This is one reason you are backed up so much on customer service. You leave us in the dark, then when people get banned they all have to contact customer support. You know if you disclosed the amount then people wouldn't go over that amount. Problem solved. No more people asking for reopening of accounts. It's like posting a speed limit in a way. But because you won't give even an idea then we are all guessing at the speed limit. Thanks a lot RR.

if they did that there would be more people hacked
  • Options
    People would get hacked? What do you mean?
    If people get hacked they usually know about it, and then contact support. I got glitched by RR, no different. Having the limit
    known is not really going to change hackers. Most hackers are probably smart and know there are limits and don't got beyond that.
    What they are probably trying to crack down on is people having multiple accounts and farming (well, to save money since everything's so darn expensive and gem offers don't work). Hackers will probably take a fraction of the limit. If someone hacks to that degree they are going to get caught. So I think your point is moot. If hacking to that degree were possible, then I think it's a problem with the inherent development of the game.
    If by hacked you mean steal cars right from people in-game garage, well, then again that's a problem with RR game development.
    They need to make more frequent updates. And they probably need to hire more people, heaven forbid.
  • Options
    ErickNM said:

People would get hacked? What do you mean?
    If people get hacked they usually know about it, and then contact support. I got glitched by RR, no different. Having the limit
    known is not really going to change hackers. Most hackers are probably smart and know there are limits and don't got beyond that.
    What they are probably trying to crack down on is people having multiple accounts and farming (well, to save money since everything's so darn expensive and gem offers don't work). Hackers will probably take a fraction of the limit. If someone hacks to that degree they are going to get caught. So I think your point is moot. If hacking to that degree were possible, then I think it's a problem with the inherent development of the game.
    If by hacked you mean steal cars right from people in-game garage, well, then again that's a problem with RR game development.
    They need to make more frequent updates. And they probably need to hire more people, heaven forbid.

read rules on account security they arent responcible for any accounts hacked
  • Options
    Brken123 said:

The ban system is in

he is asking to take it off lol
  • Options
    Brken123 said:

null

My finger slipped and posted the comment before I finished typing it out. Damn phone and fat fingers. The comment has been edited. Refresh the page. :)

oh ok
  • Options
    i know i do farming
  • Options
    No, I will not specify the exact amount, just like with the pink slip limits these are done for account security.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    These thresholds are in place to protect the players. Yes, we understand people use racing transfer money and cars.... however, that isn't how racing was designed, so if you choose to do that in large quantities, then you run the risk of having what you are doing looking like a malicious act. We look at normal, and I emphasize normal, game play. Should you play normally, you should never run into these triggers.

When you ask us for the threshold, it's also basically telling anyone with malicious intent, how far they can go before getting in trouble, so no, we will never divulge that info. Besides, we can change those thresholds whenever we want... which does happen.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Brken123 said:

The ban system is in place to keep people's entire garages from being wiped out. That can happen in a multitude of ways, but the game doesn't see the "why", it just sees multiple cars being pinked out of an account within a timeframe, and locks the account down. It has nothing to do with hacking, etc.

What I don't understand is if folks have such a disdain for the game and how it works, why play? Why take the time to come here, create an account, and post? Why not just put that effort into removing the game from their device, getting over it, and finding another way to spend their time?

Thanks for the clarification. I understand better now.
    I like the game a lot, and I like playing. But I hate scammers, and I wish racing rivals team would find a way to better protect us from scammers. The limit is one way, but what about the scammers who take a little at a time, or hack pinks and so on. BTW, there is nothing wrong with complaining about a game. That's how they improve it. They are the ones who know what's possible though --I'm no game developer. I don't know jack. But there should be nothing against speaking our minds. I hate censorship too.
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    Why are u guys yelling at us even tho we've paid money for stuff
  • Options
    MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    I been told 18 cars a hour and 39mil a hour is safe