Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Lobby jumpin

OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
So it's called joining a friend, but in reality it's called take a car. I wanted to run through some cars I don't normally race tonight. The lobbies were mostly 1645 through 1663. What I received in races was anything but lobby rated. But the most disturbing part of this adventure was I witnessed 7 new people giving up because they had no chance of beating the other "racers". They had enough of being beaten by out of lobby cars and wanted no more. I was in a 1650 lobby that the game put me in and guess what? I was one of two lobby rated cars. This feature as is is killing the future of this game. If newcomers can't race and win they will leave without giving the game a chance. THIS IS ALL DUE TO LOBBY JUMPING. People used to try to slide a car in 1 or 2 ratings high. Now people bring maxed zondas to a 1650 lobby WTF Get a grip GLU. This game is on the downhill slide.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    BTW. think about it. New people can't win and leave. Old racers are tired of all the hacks and glitches and are leaving. If you are losing revenue on both ends the business model is failing.
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    It's a simple fix to turn the join feature off. I have no choice but to believe Glu can care less about this game. They will milk every penny they can get out of it, and then they will sell it to someone else. I understand nothing can really be done about the hacking and the glitching. But the join feature is a easy fix.
  • Options
    There a a ton of people that will argue turning off the join, because they only care about trading and car collecting, but the people here that just want to race will agree that it's a shitty feature.
  • Options
    If they wanted to trade or sell there wouldn't be so many taking advantage of it. I never saw lets trade/sell. All I saw was out of lobby people waiting to take advantage of unsuspecting players. This feature is going to be the death of this game.
  • Options
    It sucks , because it really is a well engineered game, and I love playing it, but damn it's to the point now, that you can't win much without becoming a cheater. I used to love the adrenaline of a pink slip race, but now I wouldn't dare pink a car I spent real money on.
  • Options
    That's a good point but my point is new people get harassed by lobby jumpers and want to quit. Old players such as myself are tired of the hacks, scams and glitches that a lot of old players have left. If you business bleeds at both ends, how long can it last?
  • Options
    Running_GagRunning_Gag Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 28 Posts
    Personally i make a habit of visiting the lower level lobbies and calling out the lobby jumpers. Also announcing to the newbies that they should never pink untill the know how to tell what lobby rating there in. Of course i also piss a lot of the lobby jumpers off by saying that they do it because they don't know how to play.
  • Options
    I call them out too. Last night there were so many in all lobbies that I spent more time calling them out and arguing than I did racing. It just got real discouraging to try cars I rarely run only to have lobby jumpers wanting to pink all the dam time. I almost went and got my nismo but then I would be no better than them.
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    I agree with Off Road Hemi. I would also add that these lobby jumpers frequently sneak in cars into lower rated lobbies and cheat unsuspecting new players out of cars when they challenge them to pink races. I've lost a couple of cars to unscrupulous scum bags who do this. I too call out these jumpers repeatedly to warn all new racers entering the lobby, but some of these people are shameless and just stay in the lobby AFTER being called out. How low do you have to be to cheat at a game like this? Just amazing how low people will stoop.
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    @Brken123, if they implemented that I'd probably play this game about 3000% more. And I might actually consider buying more than the 1 gem car I have now if I could actually use it in decent, competitive races more than just whenever it comes up in the turf rules. It just boggles my mind that they've gone so log without fixing something so simple that has eroded so much interest in the game.
  • Options
    I agree 100% James. It's such a simple fix, and glu would benefit ! People would spend more money, and glu would not have to hear a million complaints everyday about who got scammed in a trade .
  • Options
    leelee Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1 Posts
    Long ago on the forum, the "devs" made it quite clear that the "join a friend" feature was always intended to be exactly what it is, a way to race your friends,and a way to keep the game economy moving (in other words, allowing jumpers to steal your cars, forcing you to buy more)
    Simple fix (that will never happen) restrict pinks to 1per hour outside of turf/tournaments, and no more than 5 per 24 hour period.
    They made this pirate atmosphere and it's become almost unplayable in regular lobbies.
    I no longer turf and the bracket tourneys are so screwed up I won't touch them, that leaves open lobbies, and, that means I'll face 1 or 2 lobby rated cars, all the rest are jump cars.

I suggest to the devs,
    Take a correctly rated car into a lobby and spend an hour racing (unboosted), then come back and tell us all how fun it is.....
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    I agree- it's getting stupid! But there's not a lot that can be done. I was in 1640 in one of my kickasss evos and there were literally 2 other 40's- the rest were dikkkkheads in mustang re's, ford gtr's- the usual zonda and some mug in a koeniggsegg calling out pinks. Those cars weren't even 1640 when stock! Makes it hard for newbs and kids- they see a car they would love to have and think they have a chance- but they don't. I just call the fukkkers out- they want pinks- i say prove that you're 1640 and i'll take ur shittt! If not- go play with the big boys if you dare.
  • Options
    I've become more active this past week (a 29 day vacation from work does that!), and I've found solace in the top-tier cars. While they are hellaciously expensive to tune and only last like 6 races between repairs (after which you're out for the whole day or doing a full-length movie's worth of videos, but that's modern mobile gaming for you), I've had more fun in my 1672 Viper GTS-R than I've had in my 1640-45 cars in months. Even though my Viper is far from Max and I will get spanked HARD by some guys running high 6's, I actually still have a better win ratio than in the lower lobbies because when your running 7 seconds, you can't just sit back and let the car do all the work for you like the skill-less, soul-sucking jumpers in the lower lobbies. Plus, I know exactly what I'm potentially up against because the Max spec for each car is known. However, with the way the pro upgrades work and the fact that the optimum shift point can be quite far from the green shift light, it works out that it's rarely just one car obliterating everyone.

Of course, as a new player you have some work ahead of you to get there. And the way the regular lobbie was destroyed means you need to resort to some relatively un-fun methods of getting far enough in the game to have fun (God I am happy I never gave CIE/Glu my money).
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    Simple fix, show the cars rating so racers can see what they are up against.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    They used to do that, and but they turned it off. I can understand why, if you can see that someone is 1642 in a 45 lobby, that gives you much more insight than you should have to make betting decisions.

The simple fix is to make the join button unavailable if the car your in is higher than your friend's car. Make it so only lower cars can join, that way friends can still trade cars and do sales, but now the faster of the two cars will be lobby rated and the "jumper" will be lower, meaning they cant take advantage of anyone without resorting to actual game exploits that are against the rules and can actually get their IP banned.
  • Options
    I was able to bring a 1676 Concept into a 1640 lobby by following a teammate who was trading. I couldn't believe it. I used to trade by dropping my cars stats to get into the lower lobby to get with the guy I was trading with.
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Just felt like hoping on... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bone stock lobby half these guys can't even run pinks lol, just wasting his time.
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    i see that all the time.so frustrating.
  • Options
    Old Woman said:

Just felt like hoping on... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bone stock lobby half these guys can't even run pinks lol, just wasting his time.

This is what I mean. You can't run ANY lobby without this crap but maxed. And I don't max all my cars. It kills the game between turf because some people, like me just want to get out cars that don't get turf time.
  • Options
    I only use the public lobby for practice with the bots. If I can't find bots I just leave. This game has gotten so out of hand, I only race turf now. And with the glitches they are figuring out how to ruin turf as well.
  • Options
    I agree Holeshot. The only serious racing I do is turf. But I would like to test at times. ATM I'm testing a guys theory of having all 9.7 runs by a civic type r end with a tie. Although I can't seem to do 9.7. But I get a lot of pinks in this process.
  • Options
    My type r ain't doing 9.7 lol . Wow!
  • Options
    I've concluded I can't either and my cars have his exact same stats.
  • Options
    Gem buyback is EXPENSIVE though. For my nearly maxed Viper it was over 6,500 (I was letting a trusted colleague borrow it, didn't actually lose it). By Glu's gem cash value that's $125 just to get back a car I lost. I mean, I guess people do it. But holy hell why. At least there's no way in hell the buyback will be used to dupe cars.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    021 said:

Simple fix, show the cars rating so racers can see what they are up against.

they won't do that, In the words of RYSST himself, "you never know what's under the hood". My suggestion, don't pink in public lobby's, screw the game dynamic
  • Options
    The only other thing you can do is a non-pink race first to see the guys rating, if he wont do it, don't race for pinks.
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    Excellent, wise approach! I second the motion! :smiley:
  • Options
    Still gotta look out, people roll with two identical-looking cars and will race you with the lobby-rated one, then switch to the faster one for the pinks race.
  • Options
    Keep a very close eye on if they leave & comeback between races if youre considering a pinks race.