Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A lot of you get scammed because it's your own fault

I'm mean seriously does anyone ever do a back ground check when dealing with someone unknown? There's a handy search bar you can check the ign.. All scammer flags(post) will come up along with any and lol mentions of the ign .. People need to take a little time before any deals to check out this person 1st...how hard is that ? Seems a lot times people post "bla bla is a scammer" right after a bunch of other people already did.. Recently a someone had posted they were doing a contest that would give away 100 r2 bmw to the 1st 100 people ... Once again seriously? You really thought someone would take the time Give away 100 r2 cars amounting worth over 100m ? Smh ... Seriously people use common sense

Comments

• Options
    Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Yass bch yass

• Options
    Shadowracer33567Shadowracer33567 Registered Users 249 Posts
    Or... People post about scammers who aren't even on forums or ever will be ...
  • Options
    To be honest bro this site is falling because of the scams. There needs to be new users restrictions

• Options
    K24z7K24z7 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,582 Posts
    @Shadey960 people get scammed because they choose to get scammed, if theres a new user thats offering some amazing price for a car, and wont go first, holy shit, kids need to realize that ITS A RED FLAG, DONT **** DO THE DEAL. People on here fail to realize that and get scammed, it should teach them a lesson.
  • Options
    as for shadow, +1
  • Options
    I agree with you @K24z7 but at the same time there still needs to be restrictions.

• Options
    Shadey960 said:

To be honest bro this site is falling because of the scams. There needs to be new users restrictions

I agree there should be some moderation perhaps a certain number of spam flags .. But I guess there isn't any way of knowing if the flags are legit .. Someone can make 20 accounts and flag people's post/walls :( ... Just seems like even if RR made an in game trade lot .. People would still say they got scammed

• Options
    Hell they can probably have someone from rr to watch every single thing they do and yet they'd still find themselves scammed lol
  • Options
    FearMyRideeFearMyRidee Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,836 Posts
    @Shadey960 @K24z7 @Shadowracer33567 I mean 1 account per ip would be a good investment in stopping scams or ban by the ip lol think about would 90% of the time stop scammers from making fake accounts and scamming back to back ban the account they have a once shot to make it and if it gets banned the hell with them and they can really do much... yes its a few ways around it but u can see connected ips on a account easily if they look at it ive ran a site before for like 2 years and had to ban people by ip
  • Options

@Shadey960 @K24z7 @Shadowracer33567 I mean 1 account per ip would be a good investment in stopping scams or ban by the ip lol think about would 90% of the time stop scammers from making fake accounts and scamming back to back ban the account they have a once shot to make it and if it gets banned the hell with them and they can really do much... yes its a few ways around it but u can see connected ips on a account easily if they look at it ive ran a site before for like 2 years and had to ban people by ip

+1 i was thinking the same thing, it would also help stop fake vouches.
  • Options
    FearMyRideeFearMyRidee Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,836 Posts
    :D hellz yeah lol @K24z7
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Trades are unsupported we're reminded of it constantly even this section of forums is titled such ...being scammed comes with the legit trades .. As many legit deals just as many scams ... Rr will do nothing to stop scammers .. Like I said they warn us many many times and we take that risk into our own hands .. We can however help our selves by doing some simple investigation...face it if people did take a little time to do investigatation half or more of these never ending scam post would end
  • Options
    TheLumpiestPoopTheLumpiestPoop Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 128 Posts
    I definantly agree, Ive been Scammed for 5,560,000 in total rrc, and not once did I search their name up on forums...
  • Options
    dannycantero00dannycantero00 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 547 Posts
    @K24z7 wise talk bruh I like that
  • Options
  • Options
    Bump