Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Worst night

OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
This is absoluty THE worst night of racing off turf. All I wanted to due is run some car to get more familiar with them. There were so many lobby jumpers the game couldn't find me a fair lobby. Every lobby had 1660 plus cars. I was looking for a 1656 lobby. Why waist my time. What is the point if I can't get a legitimate race. I've not been in the lower lobbies tonight but I'm off in that direction now. If it's the same the my old post on lobby jumpers stands. It's just not fun. BUT I'm almost inticed to jump so I can win. But then I'm no better.

Comments

• Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    This game is going to come to a screeching halt soon for a lot of people . Glu no longer cares about the integrity of the game anymore, it's becoming less of a drag racing game, and more of a car dealership. Most people only care about car trading now . It's obvious if you look at most people's garage. You have kids that are only ranked 50 with 5ksc but they have a ton of rare turf cars.
  • Options
    And when you go into a lobby, your either flooded with jumpers or you have 20 racers busy.
  • Options
    poloboi12poloboi12 Registered Users 1,594 Posts
    I wonder what's the future of this game ppl
  • Options
    I'm not worried about being banned from a forum lol. But I'm not bashing I'm stating my opinion, I'm not on here telling people not to play, or delete the game. On the subject of the turf cars, even if they are not rare, and are in fact cloned that doesn't change the fact that most players now are only interested in trading and not so much racing. I've got a pretty decent garage and I can't go into a lobby without at least five people friending me just to ask for a trade or sale. And as soon as I say no they delete me.
  • Options
    I will give you a example . Tonight I was in a lobby with my gt350 and there were these two challenger hellcats that were constantly murdering me, and they were not jumpers. Even though I kept losing I kept racing them because I was enjoying the challenge and then one of them friended me to give me advice, not ask for my cars. That's real racing.
  • Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    I'm mostly on at night if anyone wanna race and practice during non turf days ign same as here :)
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    Waitz there's lobby jumpers in turf now? I was trying to race 1656 and thought I just had the lobby brackets wrong. Down in 40 and 45 I had no issues.
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    i have the same situation happen all the time, even this morning, i went in with my 1632 FRS and i cannot even tell you how many lambo's, vipers corvettes and the such were in there.. i was thinking maybe i went to the wrong lobby at first..
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    This really is an easy fix. Create a "Friend Open Lobby" so people can race or trade with friends, but then restrict the other lobbies so there is NO WAY to get into those lobbies unless your car falls within that lobby's range.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    edited August 2015

just a little note watch what you say about Cie thay ban you form the forums for bashing them thay all ready banned me 5 times for bashing them over the head time and time agen about bugs and hacks

I welcome feedback and opinions Kenny. You don't provide either, your posts have been abusive, condescending, rude and childish. You were warned about it. Keep the forums civil.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager