Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Amatuer/Pro lobbies?

james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
edited August 2015 in Suggestions and Feedback
Okay, I know people keep crying about lobby jumping, and the field is split on wanting fair match-making and wanting to just be able to race who you want with big-boy rules. My suggestion is two lobbies, but instead of being clones of the same thing with one having the join feature disabled, I have an idea for some differences that I think would actually add to the game, rather than make a redundant combination of current/past features.

Amatuer (or Practice, or Test and Tune) lobby: This would be like the current multiplayer lobby with current lobby rating brackets, with joining disabled. This would be for racing based on your rating bracket, allowing you to effectively build competitive tunes for turf/showdown, grind some SC, and feature the bots we all love. Also a place to race higher-rated R class (like 63/68) cars that may only be able to get 6 runs before a 12hr repair without having races wasted on 1681 jumpers. The caveat: no wagers. Make money with the petty 1st place prize and perfect shifts. This is about the racing, if you want to make big money or score some cars you've gotta either run the sanctioned events (tournament/turf/showdown) or be willing to play some higher stakes

Pro Lobby: Open-join lobby, no rating or class brackets of any kind. Additionally, you cannot see the garages of opponents from within the lobby. Furthermore, street cred is not visible from the lobby either. Join friends, team-mates, etc. No bots. Here is where the wagers are done. True run-what-you-brung, all-out. The key here is it removes the epidemic of preying on naive and under-informed players. You truly do not know, or more importantly, have a reason to even make an assumption, about whats under the other guy's hood or who's behind the wheel. No hedging your bets based on your opponent's weight/torque, or their S/C, or any other factors that could tell you what they might run, other than watching them run. This is all about who can make it down the track faster, period. This is where you bring your sleepers. This is where you better think twice. And this is where the wagers happen. This is where you make big money or lose your car to the hustlers.

I welcome all feedback, especially "you're a crybaby get over it the lobby isn't broken".