Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

This games revenue is obnoxious

RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
I was wondering around looking for RR News and i saw a website that confirms that this game makes $3.4mill a month. thats pretty crazy dont you think?

Comments

• Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    Not really, when you consider how many people play this game.
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    But it does explain why they are not willing to change certain popular complaints that most people complain about .
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    RR FLAME said:

I was wondering around looking for RR News and i saw a website that confirms that this game makes $3.4mill a month. thats pretty crazy dont you think?

Is that really true? Gross receipts of $3.4 million per month?

I have funding!!! Who can write a racing game???
  • Options
    subarufanaticsubarufanatic Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 171 Posts
    How do you think they afford licensing for all the cars?
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    Well in the United States it has 10 million players
    Let me break this down for you racing rivals is a pay to play game and when ever a certain number of people download it even though it is free they get money from. Google play and or apple now if you remember at the beginner they let you buy a BMW this is where the money starts rolling in then when you get further in the game the better you get but you have no money and gems at all so you go buy some you then go buy some crates and you get blueprint:( so you go buy more and more and more etc So what this does they have probably made 100$ off of you right there so yea multiply that by 10mill so know they just made a crap ton of money FOR EXAMPle the wwe event was for more money as if they don't have enough I was at that wwe event glu wasn't on any of the boards I'm not saying that glu is a price of crap money taker it is tho kinda if you know the c6 corvette ultimate warrior I paid 25$ just to get that car and lets say an additional 250$ on other cars its just crazy thank you for reading this now you know:)
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    +.+ And if u think about it q10 million people in United States there is probably 10million or 20million in England Russia or places like that so yea
  • Options
    "Pay To Play"? I've been playing over a year. I have not spent a single penny on this game. With all the cheaters in this game there is no way I would spend a penny here.

I don't cheat or scam. I don't get why people do on this game.

Yet, I play the game the way it was meant to play.
  • Options

It's a free to play, pay to win type game. It seems all games are following this trend anymore. There are free to play games on Xbox 360 as well....world of tanks comes to mind. Sure, that game is free to play....but if you want to level up quickly and build a tank that can hold it's own....better be prepared to open your wallet. As for revenues - I'm not sure why those numbers astound you. Look into the studio that made Angry Birds (and all of it's subsequent iterations)....look at how much revenue that game generates.

If you have to pay to win, then you are not really playing a game, are you? It may be designed like that, however, as I mentioned earlier, I have not spent a penny and I play, I win, I lose. I have earned enough to buy cars. I wont trade as it is not supported and there are too many cheaters. I simply play the free game the way the free game was made to play
  • Options
    jdmoody86jdmoody86 Registered Users 14 Posts
    null do have to say on behalf of WOT (at least PC version) that is probably the best game that came out as a free-to-play game, depending on your skill lvl you can get into clan wars & get gold income for free, or even better the tourneys usually don't last more then a week & can pay a hefty amount for the game, I'm an avid player & it seems compared to all other similar games it's not a pay to win game, where all the premium items can be bought with regular ingame credits, winning depends more on your skill, mm & rng, yes there are premium tanks that can only be bought for gold but they usually are sub par compared with same tier tanks, as far as the XP is concerned, with premium you only get x1.5 extra XP so it's not like having premium gives you a huge advantage over having a regular account, don't get me wrong I always play with a premium acct, how it's paid for is usually a mixture for me between tourney teams, clan payouts & once in awhile out of my pocket, have been playing the game for roughly 3-4 years & I think I've only spent about $150-200 over that period of time, although there is premium stuff in that game I believe it towers over most other games as far as its concerned for the pay to play/win concept you can check f me out in there ign pink_panzer86
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    At least you can play this game for free, it does take time to get gems and cars, but most other games have a type of "pay" barrier in the game that makes it impossible to advance without spending a lot of money. You can get all the gems and cash you need through the game fairly quickly too.
  • Options
    021 said:

At least you can play this game for free, it does take time to get gems and cars, but most other games have a type of "pay" barrier in the game that makes it impossible to advance without spending a lot of money. You can get all the gems and cash you need through the game fairly quickly too.

Playing the game for FREE makes it more fun and a lot more challenging. IMO
  • Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    If they didnt make that much they couldn't afford the car license=Cars like Shelby GT500 turning into Shellback RT-500