Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

The infamous wrx sport

Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
Can somebody explain to me why this car is still valued as high as it is, and why it's such a pain in the ass to get. I've read that most of them are cloned or buyback so why are they still treated like a new prize car? Other than wanting one based off looks are they really that fast?

Comments

• Options
    JACK POLLARDJACK POLLARD Registered Users 315 Posts
    edited September 2015
    I lost mine to a hacker/glitcher, and cie told me they wouldn't do anything about it. I had screenshots and everything. That was my favorite car. I've spent literally hundreds on this game since I started playing and they wouldn't even reimburse me a car lost to a cheater.
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    @JACK POLLARD Your car was probably not returned because on Glu's end they see a definitive winner and a definitive loser, so to them the race was a clean race, thus being your fault the car was lost.

@Holeshot9892 the car holds its value based on the public's opinion on it at the time. It is just a very popular car is all
  • Options
    Gear Slammer 85Gear Slammer 85 Registered Users 878 Posts
    I have two of them one i bought.
    The other belive it or not i entered a pinks tournament, and my first rival was chillin with a red sport! Me max zonda. My first thought was no way!! Had my figures crossed he wouldn't ditch before the bracket was filled, and i got lucky he hung out and i got her!
    Checked his garage right after words to see if it was a clone (still showing in his garage)
    And it was not which leads me to belive shes lagit non buy back/ clone!

I think its one of the best sounding cars in the game. Diffrent than any other car I've come across.

Still trying to get my hands on a good 1668 tune for my first one though. Second one won in tournament has a pretty sick 1663 tune on it.
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    I really want one lol.