Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Used car Lot (Trading Feature)

Comments

• Options
    STAGED_PLATINUM_1832STAGED_PLATINUM_1832 Registered Users 4,404 Posts
    Yesssss this would be awesome but definitely has to have a "reasonable" cost which def cant be gems or excessive amounts of rrc like @dwdtuning just said. Would def have to be something broke people can afford so that its not limited and everyone can use this to sell/trade with
    ***Trusted Middle Man***
    ign STAGED PLATINUM 1832
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    edited October 2015
    shtoobie said:

I'd use it if it were free, or has a small rrc cost.

Paying real money to avoid getting scammed is rediculous though imo

Also, don't want to cause any trouble but have y'all noticed since I started creating a new forum it's almost like the admins are trying their best to get us to stay?

Like it's not like we're leaving the game so you aren't out any money.

You were making a new forum?

I was just informed by the mods that there was.. trouble.

But yes, there will be a cost. Maybe gems, maybe RRC maybe a third currency. We don't know. If we implement the system and you still trade outside the system, its once again, at your own risk,
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

Ofcourse it is going to gems. Glu needs to make money off of the feature. My question is that would we be able to post up cars for sale aswell or is this purely for trading? A few suggestions below taken from my beloved 1320 legends:

1. 1 gem per car posted.

2. Monthly "membership" option to see hp/tq figures on car posted. With this membership you also get a discount on parts or even a few cars posted for free.

Use that platform and then expand or improve on it where nitto 1320 failed.

Would be for trades and sales

• Options

Yesssss this would be awesome but definitely has to have a "reasonable" cost which def cant be gems or excessive amounts of rrc like @dwdtuning just said. Would def have to be something broke people can afford so that its not limited and everyone can use this to sell/trade with

Players putting up cars will probably be the ones to pay fees. As I mentioned in a previous reply, could be gems, might be RRC could be an all new third currency.

• Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts

shtoobie said:

I'd use it if it were free, or has a small rrc cost.

Paying real money to avoid getting scammed is rediculous though imo

Also, don't want to cause any trouble but have y'all noticed since I started creating a new forum it's almost like the admins are trying their best to get us to stay?

Like it's not like we're leaving the game so you aren't out any money.

You were making a new forum?

I was just informed by the mods that there was.. trouble.

But yes, there will be a cost. Maybe gems, maybe RRC maybe a third currency. We don't know. If we implement the system and you still trade outside the system, its once again, at your own risk,
    Yeah was planning on it, but I don't really see how it's trouble. We ain't ditching the game, which means money stills goes to your pocket. All we're doing is starting a community of our own.

Also, as per trading outside the system, we would obviously use the trade system when implemented, but once again would just be our own community with our own control. Plus, I see this "Update" happening many months into the future anyways, no?
  • Options
    jr6054jr6054 Registered Users 15 Posts
    i would only do it if its rrc i wouldnt spend gems
  • Options
    JustAnonymousJustAnonymous Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2,482 Posts
    Rrc would combat inflation, gems would make most people angry :joy: . But as he said. A third currency could be useful as well. Regardless.. if they just reached into our accounts and slapped a BIG FAT 0 on everyone's rrc amount what could we do? :joy:
  • Options
    vladdroidvladdroid Registered Users 1,322 Posts
    Lol. True @JustAnonymous
  • Options
    KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts
    I'm broke, so I wouldn't really care, lmao.
    OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • Options
    forsakened_oneforsakened_one Registered Users 2,439 Posts
    I'm all for it...but deff looking for more details on this "cost".. I guess depending on that it sounds like a good idea
  • Options
    Team Flaming DaisiesTeam Flaming Daisies Registered Users 899 Posts
    edited October 2015
    Actually i changed my opinion. Remove that nasty cheater infested tournament thing and add a trade forum. U spend xx gems to list your car for sale if it gets sold u recieve the rrc and the car poofs into the buyers garage. U wont even know who bought it. All u know is u spend a few gems to advertise it. If it sells u receive the payment. Everyones happy, people still buy gems so your happy. Very similar to the diablo3 auction house!
  • Options
    JustAnonymousJustAnonymous Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2,482 Posts
    Thats nice tbh. But that tournament caused more issues than solved.. if it malfunctions youre stuck in it. Smh.
  • Options
    perfecttmoddperfecttmodd Registered Users 15 Posts
    As long as if it aint like 100k to trade a car
  • Options
    SHIFTSUPERSHIFTSUPER Registered Users 1 Posts
    they need to realise if they keep it at a reasonable price everyone will use it a heap an it will make them more money then if the price is high an only some using it
  • Options
    sickcivicsickcivic Registered Users 816 Posts
    No jems rrc is fine w me
  • Options
    RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    Well then... Guess that's the end of me..lol
  • Options
    Team Flaming DaisiesTeam Flaming Daisies Registered Users 899 Posts
    @sickcivic players found a way to farm cash. They fight back by bringing out gem only cars. If u fk with them they will bend u over and fk u back harder. Theyre not stupid. They know rrc is worth nothing now so it definatly will be gems or something new
  • Options
    Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Even tho it will cost us atleast the moderators got the idea. Yea the game is about making your car the fastest but they need to understand people share regardless and make their own money from it. To be honest the charge shouldn't be gems as we already bought the cars the charge should be RRC. Why pay lets say 100gems to post a 80 gem car that you already bought tuned and even put extra gem parts. I agree but don't try to over charge just to prevent scams make it rreasonable.

• Options
    KanziGamingKanziGaming Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,930 Posts
    15gems/trade should be fair enough :#
  • Options
    93SBFNOTCH93SBFNOTCH Registered Users 207 Posts
    Put it in
  • Options
    koussakidkoussakid Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,341 Posts
    If it cost real money hell no because I can do old trading for free but if it's like a game money fee not gems that's fine with me
  • Options
    Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    i like the idea its safer but at the same time i wouldn't want to spend real money all the time when i can use that money on something else that benefits my daily life but maybe an option with either gems or rrc maybe a certain amount in rrc to post i think is fair enough cos some people don't spend real money on this game but either way i like the idea and also make an option to remove the nos
  • Options
    xxwrathxxxxwrathxx Registered Users 194 Posts
    Yes I would use the crap out of it
  • Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    I would use it because it would safegaurd users from bein scammed...I'm pretty picky about who I deal with and have been lucky enuff to have only been scammed once when I first started playing ( sold or traded hundreds of cars since then without bein pinched )...bein picky has also made me miss a few sales too because I was leary about who I was dealing with...so yes...a used car lot would be a welcome addition to the game...I say go for it

• Options
    greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Yup! make cost resonable please, dont feel like spending too much when i need to buy a jetta
  • Options
    OMGCANADAOMGCANADA Registered Users 882 Posts
    I'm down if its for RRC like @shtoobie said I'd rather do this then pay an extra fee on buying cars. I already pay more because of converting currency over but if its an RRC amount depending on how much your buying/selling for that would be awesome
  • Options
    LIFTCLUTCH1091LIFTCLUTCH1091 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 305 Posts
    Yes but the cost definitely plays a factor.
  • Options
    Gems cost money...most people buy their mills too...and then there's paypal...still spending...what's the difference ? Gonna spend sumthin t'get your cars... A car lot is a secure way to purchase them

• Options
    PerfectShiftPerfectShift Registered Users 883 Posts
    Yes this would be soon nice to have but I agree don't make it to much or when I need civics it wouldnt really be worth using at all
  • Options
    At least Glu is TRYING to implement sumthin that lotsa people have asked for...if it costs and ya don't like it just trade here...or Facebook...or eBay...or wherever