Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Boosting taking the fun out of Turf and Showdown

NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
I know this is going to be a VERY touchy subject but I'm going to put it out there anyway, BOOST is ruining the game!!! That is my opinion after playing this game for a little over a year now, and YES I do know what they say about opinions so you don't have to tell me. Lol!

I think racing should come down to three things... 1 is your ability tune , 2 is your ability to launch the car, 3 is your ability to shift the gears properly, BOOSTING eliminates 2 out of 3 of those usually. It sucks to hit .001 rt be ahead and loose a race in the last few "inches" to someone who had a rt of .265 or WORSE!!! I've seen both!!!

I do however have a possible solution, and that is this... Since not everybody has the skills to earn gems in Showdowns and not everybody has the financial ability to buy gems, I would like to know what administrators and fellow racers think about possibly having BOOST and Non-BOOST lobbies for Turf and Showdown events. I personally think if you can race without the use of BOOST you should get more points (NOT a lot 2-10 I guess, depending on lobby) because it takes more skill to race Non-Boosted, but I also understand that if you are racing BOOSTED usually you have purchased GEMS to buy BOOST (IF you are BOOSTING legit and everybody who's been racing long enough knows what I mean by this.) I know this isn't perfect but it's the start to a thought process.

I would like constructive criticism on this topic,and maybe together with input here and final decisions and tweaking by admin and programmers WE can continue to make this game better.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2015
    I agree, money and fools are taking over, for Knowledge and skill anymore. I used to be a consistent 20K player grinding lower lobby's, but quit my team due to not getting any races anymore in my preferred lobby's. The reason for lower lobby's dying, is points not enough for boosts. Like i said, foolish players and money replacing knowledge and skills
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Yep I cant hardly get a non boosted race and if you chat out No boost the sharks that always boost will challenge you. Suck when you get your doors blown off by someone that cant get better then a 0.2** RT. I use to spend several hours turfing now I hop on quick race the few guys with low points and anyone that will challenge me off a no boost IM and get off for a few hours. Its not like I mind boosting, but I dont want to wast it of free races. Its not like I dont have the boost over 700 right now, but I wont wast it on free races.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Or make it a Pink race only option
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    All about the Benjamin's ppl will pay to have an advantage
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Billenium said:

All about the Benjamin's ppl will pay to have an advantage

Like i said gems and boost, replaced knowledge and skill
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Boost and no boost lobbies would be a great thing- but let's face it- glu make money off every boost,so will not discourage it. Money money money!!
  • Options
    NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    I notice RYYST has not commented. It would be nice if administrators would comment>
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Glu is all about making money so they are not goin to eliminate boost but i do agree i wish it gone
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    I agree that you have to use boost to win, and also a lot of racers don't race the lower lobbys anymore, but boost to boost, your skill at driving will make a difference. I usually boost the first night of turf, then run clean. I still beat a lot of racers by skill and knowing which cars to race. You just have to deal with the majority of players boosting all the time.
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Boost has always been a part of the game, no one forces you to use it, and they probably won't remove it. Boost along with engine damage make up for the no fuel/energy in Racing Rivals.

@crazyjr Boost and gems have been in the game since day 1, you can't really say they replaced anything, because they were in the game before people started playing it. Racing Rivals has always been a very basic game in the sense of tuning cars and shifting. It's one of the features that has kept it so popular for so long.

The final thing to consider, is Turf Wars and Showdown were created to be competitive modes of play, and part of being competitive in any game with a ladder, leaderboard, or ranking system, is people spending money to get ahead. Nobody ever said that Turf Wars or Showdown were suppose to be cheap to play, but at the same time, no one is being forced to spend anything in this game.
  • Options
    MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    A lot of people just boost to win or try to win

Noobs ^^^^^

I boost to race good money amounts and straight up pinks

If there ain't a bet involved 85% of the time I don't boost unless I do a few warm up runs

Bring back chicken points and see 60% people who are boosted back out of race cos they puss puss

You know who you are!!!
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    I boost ALL the time, and I can assure you I'm no noob. Boost is always on for me because I can afford for it to be on all the time.

As for chicken points, they probably won't be back to avoid the headaches they brought to the game. Everyone complains that they are gone, but the second they brought back chicken points, everyone would cry about point swapping again. Better to just leave them out :)
  • Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    How about a warning ahead of time? If someone is boosting, the challenge says so.

HOT ROD 101000100101
    BMW M3 GT2
    Boosts on

• Options
    HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    I was looking for this topic and I think this was left hanging.

So I guess, boosts win?

I do love the concept of different lobbies for those with boosts and no boost. I agree, financially, can't be done - end of sentence.

I agree with @BTSR in showing the information about running boosted but this isn't really too big of an issue. I'd rather have the game and lag taken care of.
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Fact of life, you can compete without boost but if you're trying to finish T100, chances are you're going to have to boost. Sux, but you don't have to race for the turf car. I'm puzzled by those that boost for body kits in showdown, but it's a game option and probably one of the regular sources of income in the game.

The devs have already been pretty generous with the gems you can win via daily rewards and showdown, the opportunity for enough gems to buy 250 boosts per week. For those that can't win enough unboosted showdown races to qualify for 100 gems, absolutely no sympathy. I won't boost showdown. I usually boost the first two events of turf at least. Used to be able to find more unboosted races in the old days of turf, but I've run a few weeks without any recently if I've got no interest in the car and you can score 20 k in a weekend without boost if you don't care about win percentage and have a lot of spare time to kill.

I don't know if the devs will respond or not, but I doubt you can reasonably expect much more that will marginalize the advantage that the profit center provides
  • Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    The sky is blue
  • Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    Water is wet
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Pinks me and do something you will regret
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    I use boost all the time in turf. I do this cause, as anyone who's raced me knows, almost every race I run is for pinks. If you challenge me in game I'm going to either raise to a mill or raise to pinks and put you to a decision. If you don't want to race for those stakes then you simply don't accept and move on. I understand not everyone uses boost and if you put up a no boost message I won't challenge you. I understand that other players will, but I don't. If your putting up no boost in your message, you certainly aren't going to race me pinks. I could free race for 80 points but I'd much rather race for pinks, a possible crush and the potential for 500+ points per race. It really comes down to personal choice.
  • Options
    RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    I was so tired of losing a race for some moron that can't handle his car that i did a "boosters list". Since i use my pc while i play the game, i created a notepad with the name of who uses boost against me. When someone try to race me, i do a ctrl + f with his name, it takes 10 seconds only. That's great to avoid some of those guys that pick the first car that they see on their garage to go to the event (lost for a 1633 car another day).
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @rushv8 Omg really? That is like the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Ppl just shut the fwak up and race. I race 90% of the time unboosted and can careless if they do or not. You know why? Cause it is a free race.
  • Options
    Well @JohnKIV that's just your opnion, Some guys think this is smart, but none of them are as badazz as you are, right. Good races for you outhere.
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    RUSHV8 said:

Well @JohnKIV that's just your opnion, Some guys think this is smart, but none of them are as badazz as you are, right. Good races for you outhere.

If you are taking a 1633 car into an event, you are going to lose a lot...regardless of if your opponent uses gem boost or not.
  • Options
    That's my point @Roush Sport, sometimes i do a 11.560 for exemple, and a boosted 1633 guy do a 11.450. I agree about boost with maxed cars, my point is those that don't even try to tune their cars.
  • Options
    Lol @RUSHV8 boosting does not make up for bad tunes.
  • Options
    hey @JohnKIV, are you reading the post first before you coment? 11.460 with 0.100 of rt it is still a 11.560 by the way....
  • Options
    Yeah and you also say 1633 btw. Who races turf and showdown with a car rated 1633? @RUSHV8

Again I race 90% of my races with out boost and never seem to have a problem with about a 50% win percentage.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Well @JohnKIV, you aren't understanding. I am the guy that tune my car to the 1630-35-40-45-50.... and i lose for a 1627-33-37-43-47 with boost sometimes. DId you got now?
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    RUSHV8 said:

That's my point @Roush Sport, sometimes i do a 11.560 for exemple, and a boosted 1633 guy do a 11.450. I agree about boost with maxed cars, my point is those that don't even try to tune their cars.

@RUSHV8 What I would suggest - learn the lobby caps (each lobby has set range of ratings that it will allow in turf and showdown). Once you learn those, build your cars accordingly. That'll give you the best odds of equaling or beating another non-boosted competitor.

For example - let's use your 1633. That car will be placed in the 1630-1635 lobby, meaning any cars built within those ratings will be there. Now, most players figure out early on - the closer they are to the "cap" of the lobby, the better their odds for winning races. So, 99% of the cars you race will be 1635.

A 1633 against a 1635 is an uphill battle, boosted or not. A well built 1635 will beat a boosted 1633 90% of the time (depending on the car and the driver's ability).

Just some food for thought. The other thing about boost - people are entitled to play the game as they see fit (within the scope of the rules...not talking about "hackers", etc). So, if a person wants to use boost...the game provides it, and it's there to be used. I can understand if you want to run unboosted races (and you make a point to put that as a status message). But you are always going to find that one (or sometimes a few) guys that run boosted no matter what. That's how the game is. Not saying you should / have to run boosted all the time....just saying don't be surprised that, even if you ask for unboosted races, you still end up running someone that is boosted. It WILL happen to you. It happens to all of us. Just shake your head, sigh, and challenge the next guy (or wait for the next person to challenge you).

Good luck!
  • Options
    i am a old player, i know how things work. I still need to point that, back in 2014 the lobbies were filled with racers, and it was rare to find someone boosting at the 1640 lobby for exemple. Now, it's hard to find plp on the lower lobbies and 60% of them use boost. I think the boost make newcomers stop to go to the events, because the final time difference is too big.